Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2015

Concept »

The twenty-first annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 16-18, 2015 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

New IP's revealed at E3 2015 that you are most looking forward to?

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Poll New IP's revealed at E3 2015 that you are most looking forward to? (661 votes)

ReCore 16%
    ION 1%
    Sea of Thieves 23%
    Unravel 9%
    Minions Paradise (It got 75% hype on Dan's hype meter, sooooooooo it counts.) 1%
    Star Wars Galaxy of Paradise (If Minions is gonna be on the list, so will this) 1%
    For Honor 15%
    Horizon Zero Dawn 77%
    Dreams 4%
    Planet Coaster 3%
    Other (Please specify) 3%

Much like last year, we got a good handful of new IP's revealed at E3 2015. Curious as to what the community thinks is the most exciting new IP revealed this year. I did a poll like this last year and kind of messed up with some choices like No Man's Sky, when that game was revealed at VGX in 2013. If you're wondering why games like Cuphead, Tacoma, Beyond Eyes and all those Devolver Digital games are not on the poll, those games have been announced before E3 2015. The Last Guardian may be finally coming out, but that game has been known to be in development for years so that's off the poll too. If I forgot about a new IP announced at E3, vote other and specify what it is. I also decided to allow multiple choices if you have two or three Ip's revealed this year that you were impressed with.

• 
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

It's a sad day when you have to pad out a list of new IPs with games based on multi-billion dollar franchises...

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to Unravel :3

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

"From Keiji Inafune and the makers of Metroid Prime" ...whoa, stop right there, no need to go any further, give me a release date and a name and I'm fucking there.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Horizon pretty far and away from among the new IPs.

Recore should be getting me pumped but I dunno.. just not seen enough yet? :S

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Man...I dunno if people REALLY like Killzone or don't realize those same people are making Horizon. Their M.O. is beautiful, but average. Obviously it's possible they really step it up, but history tells me otherwise.

I think For Honor looks pretty rad and it's not getting talked about a lot. I want a new Bushido Blade and this isn't quite that, but it's a step in that direction. Sea of Thieves looks like it could be really rad as well. Can't say anything for ReCore because no gameplay.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

You included Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes (I think your name is way better) but not the Elder Scrolls CCG? I'd say the one that immediately impressed me the most from this list was Horizon. Sure it's the Killzone guys but those games have been solid (and gorgeous) FPS games so I'm interested to see what they do with a new direction. I think For Honor looks really potentially cool, as does Sea of Thieves, but I feel like I need to see a lot more of both those games in action to make a decision on them.

Honestly I'm pretty excited for all these games, anything appeals to me if it's good - and without a real indicator of final quality on these new IPs, they'll all hold my interest for now at least.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Horizon looks great, though I'm cautiously optimistic since Guerrilla Games is making it. Unravel looks adorable. Sea of Thieves is Rare's return to not Kinect games, so I'm interested but again, cautiously optimistic. Recore looks interesting, but I have to see more.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Even if Dreams is just a tool to make and view little, simplistic dioramas I'd be happy. That thing looks abstract and very intriguing.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sea of Thieves looks pretty cool. I feel like part of that coolness is me making up features in my mind and building it up to something it might not be, but I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MeMonk

Horizon looks so good, it makes me glad I got a PS4. Also For Honor looks cool, I hope it has a wide variety of weapons and skills.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Horizon despite an awful, awful name.

Sea of Thieves probably next. A big pirate game free of AC can be a great thing.

Voted ReCore too but a lot up in the air there.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dreams. It looks like the creation/art tool I've wanted my whole life. And that claymation look... man... it's kind of weird how my pick for best debut isn't even a game (as far as we know).

jsgr93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horizon is the type of single player game I expect from the Playstation brand. It looks fantastic. Unravel also caught my attention.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Horizon and Unravel for sure. I don't own an XBox One, so I've not voted on those titles, but Sea of Thieves looks very cool as well. Re-Core I don't know, given they showed just a CG trailer I'm guessing they just started on that game.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Niceanims

I still don't know what Horizon is supposed to be. Hunt a big robot dinosaur and...?

It makes it hard to get excited for.

I think For Honor raised my eyebrow the most because of their whole "new genre" thing.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll say For Honor immediately becomes way more interesting to me if there is more than PvP. If that has co-op and stuff I'm very into it.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By KaneRobot

Sea of Thieves.

Rare hasn't really had a good game since Viva Pinata, unless you think the Avatar Marketplace is the best shit ever. I don't even know who is there now, but Rare is due for a good game. The concept seems pretty rad.

Hoping Horizon and especially Recore turn out to be good.

Tiamatsword22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: They've said it has a single player campaign and some sort of co-op mode.

I'm most interested in For Honor and Horizon. And maybe Dreams.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: They've said it has a single player campaign and some sort of co-op mode.

Ah thanks for the heads up. Definitely interested in that then. I like the stance type system they have and almost Fight Night looking swinging so good to see it in modes I'd play.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Horizon looks sweet, very interested in fighting robot dinosaurs.

Kind of interested in Recore as well. A story of a girl and her robot? Sure. It's just, I haven't seen enough of it well.

zandravandra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's so hard to choose! So many really cool games are coming, many of which have prominent female characters! :D I'm especially digging Horizon's setting, though: I haven't seen many post-post-apocalyptic games, and I totally dig the mix of low-tech VS high-tech. Eager to see where the devs take this.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Capum15

ReCore and Horizon seemed pretty neat. Looking forward to seeing more of those.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recore and Horizon: Zero Dawn are definitely on my radar and hopefully come out by next year.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ravelle

Horizon for sure.

Tortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Tortoise

Horizon, and it gets bonus marks for showing a lengthy and informative gameplay section as part of the reveal.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheHT

Horizon and Sea of Thieves.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to love Sea of Thieves but really don't think it looks that great...so my vote went for Recore just because of the pedigree involved in the project.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Horizon by a mile. I'm also interested in For Honor if they can give it the right degree of mechanical depth, but that's going to be a tall order.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The two games with the robot animals and the pirate game from Rare. Everything about Horizon pushes all the right buttons for me. Recore also has me in Philip-Fry-meme mode. Two games with what appear to be female leads, to boot which is doubly enticing for me since I always choose to play female characters in games that let me choose.

My interest in Sea of Thieves is based entirely on my own imagination of what the game could be like. I don't know much about it other than what I saw at the Microsoft press conference, but if it's anything like what I hope it to be, then I think it will be great fun.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horizon looked incredible. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

cfilipec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

For Honor

seems so fresh and diverse

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horizon Zero Dawn

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

For now just Horizon Zero Dawn and Unravel. If I see more gameplay footage of ReCore, maybe.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man...I dunno if people REALLY like Killzone or don't realize those same people are making Horizon. Their M.O. is beautiful, but average. Obviously it's possible they really step it up, but history tells me otherwise.

I think that's a little harsh. The Killzone games from 2 onward all play really well, and there are some good design ideas in there (Warzone is one of the coolest multiplayer gametypes, and still hasn't been replicated for some reason). The biggest deficiency of the Killzone games is the writing and storytelling, and considering they brought in some former Obsidian writers for this game I think it's fair to be excited.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"The guys who made Urban Chaos: Riot Response are going to make a Batman game? LOL that's gonna be terrible!"

GG has some amazing talent, and in my opinion have just been held back by the Killzone franchise. I think most people that are excited about Horizon share roughly the same sentiment.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always quite liked Killzone, so Horizon definitely has me very excited. It's hunting robot dinosaurs for goodness sake, how could that not be exciting?

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

Perhaps, but as a comparison, the No Man's Sky developers previously made Joe Danger. It doesn't surprise me that developers make something decent-but-generic to get their feet wet before going whole-hog.

I think For Honor looks pretty rad and it's not getting talked about a lot. I want a new Bushido Blade and this isn't quite that, but it's a step in that direction. Sea of Thieves looks like it could be really rad as well. Can't say anything for ReCore because no gameplay.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horizon looks like some next gen ass MonHun with potentially less ass jank. I want to hug Unravel and never let go (bonus for sharing a name with a fantastic Bjork song :) ).

Recore has a promising pedigree for damn sure but i want to see more. Sea of Thieves has an interesting hook but may end up just being an also ran MMORPG; it has potential to define itself, though. Wanted to like For Honor but it just felt really sterile; props for a new IP from ubi despite still having towers (ramparts?).

Still sadly thin on new stuff.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#39 sweep  Moderator

I feel bad for saying it but I'm not really excited for any of that stuff. The only new IP that really got me buzzing for the whole show was Cuphead, and that had already been announced.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to go with Horizon. But ReCore could be really cool. The pedigree of the developers makes me excited but it would have been nice to see some gameplay though.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked Horizon, but I'm not necessarily super pumped for it, I would just like to know more. It looked cool at the show but I got to thinking "has Guerilla Games ever made a great game?".

denbowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horizon. Looks really fun.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horizon, Unravel, Planet Coaster

Tentatively interested in Recore but I'm not about to get excited about a game that hasn't even shown gameplay

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I love the pirate one, but 90% of it looks like the mechanics and view of Assassins creed 4 Black Flag. Sure they are not giving us more Black Flag any time soon so THIS is great....but it has been done and seen before.

I think it is way too early to know about Horizon Zero Dawn, but it does look interesting and it does excite me for what it "could be".

And, if we were giving out a "new & charming" award it would have to go to Unravel.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@monkeyking1969 said:

I love the pirate one, but 90% of it looks like the mechanics and view of Assassins creed 4 Black Flag. Sure they are not giving us more Black Flag any time soon so THIS is great....but it has been done and seen before.

Where have you seen any real info on the game? Maybe I missed it but all I really saw was the teaser trailer.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Tied between Horizon and Death's Gambit, though it always feels odd to refer to a new indie game as a ''new IP'' given how indie games aren't quite as assured to then start leading into sequels.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easily Horizon, but I'll say Cuphead looks amazing as well.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly i'd still count No Man's Sky and Cuphead. Still new, even if not new to E3.

Strathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Horizon Zero Dawn. The thing looked FRESH.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.