Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2016

Concept »

The twenty-second annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 14-16, 2016 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

So what happened to Take Two?

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BigBoss1911

Out of everything shown at E3, my most anticipated item was easily Red Dead Redemption 2 and/or Red Dead Redemption remastered. A few months ago we were promised this http://gamerant.com/take-two-e3-2016/ , but Take Two and Rockstar are nowhere to be seen. There's rumors that Red Dead Redemption 2 was supposed to be shown at the end of Sonys conference but was canceled because of the shooting in Orlando. One of the higher ups at Sony debunked this by saying nothing was changed and everything has been planed out for months, however they could just been saying that so they can reveal the game at a later date.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By hans_maulwurf

I think the last big R* games weren't announced at e3? Like, thinking of GTA V, RDR and LA Noire, I don't remember any of these games being big (or at all) at e3.

That rumor also doesn't sound very plausible, with bf1, cod, sony zombie game etc. all being given ample screen/press conference time.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That rumor seems incredibly flimsy, and Rockstar doesn't really do E3 announcements for their games. Not all that surprised it wasn't shown.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Mafia 3 is one of the most visible games on the show floor with one of the best looking booth setups and a marching band walking throughout the convention center.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

You were promised that Take-Two, who owns 2K a LOT more than just Rockstar, was going to be at E3. That's it. That does not mean you were promised anything about Rockstar, or otherwise. Since then, we have gotten a lot more info about Mafia 3and Civ 6: both big titles for the company.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

The rumor makes zero sense.

They just aren't ready yet. Also, Rockstar doesn't need E3 at all. They can put out a new trailer and it will blow up any time they want.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd believe that rumor, just because that game they closed out on was so underwhelming and seemed like it was shoehorned in.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@omgfather: IMO they badly want a Last of Us sequel but I'm betting that isn't coming from ND so they are trying to make this a big deal hitting similar notes. I think it looks boring, but that's what they're trying for I think. I think they just wanted to give it press conference time like it was a big deal.

There was so many shooting games at the show. We think Rockstar would be the one to pull out? With a Western game? They have never been afraid of controversy.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

People (myself included) go on a frenzy when Rockstar does something simple like put out some screenshots. They have no use for e3.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GTAV is one of the best selling games of all time. If Rockstar are going to announce something, they don't need to be at E3 to get attention and have their reveal caught up in all the other news.

When Rockstar are ready to announce something, they will do it on their own terms, and you will know.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads said:

@omgfather: IMO they badly want a Last of Us sequel but I'm betting that isn't coming from ND so they are trying to make this a big deal hitting similar notes. I think it looks boring, but that's what they're trying for I think. I think they just wanted to give it press conference time like it was a big deal.

There was so many shooting games at the show. We think Rockstar would be the one to pull out? With a Western game? They have never been afraid of controversy.

None specifically going into a bar/saloon and shooting up the place though. Sony could have just pulled Take-Two to one side and say they can't do it. Seems crazy I agree, but I don't think that rumor is too unbelievable.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paulmako said:

GTAV is one of the best selling games of all time. If Rockstar are going to announce something, they don't need to be at E3 to get attention and have their reveal caught up in all the other news.

When Rockstar are ready to announce something, they will do it on their own terms, and you will know.

More specifically, GTAV is the 4th best selling game of all time. The only ones that have sold more are Tetris, Minecraft, and Wii Sports. It's sold more copies than the 2 best selling COD games combined. It's insane how well that game sold. Rockstar could put out an announcement of their next game whenever they want and it'll dominate the video game news. No point in them sharing the spotlight with everyone other company.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.