Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2017

Concept »

The twenty-third annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 13-15, 2017 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

E3 Press Conferences Giant Bomb isn't Covering

zaldar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

So I was Naive - I thought giant bomb was going to be talking over all the press conferences. Evidently not. Some make sense (PC Gamer - a magazine is giving a press conference - WTF? I mean I love you you are my second home as I am a PC gamer but um what?), but others I am not sure why they didn't cover.

Where are other people going to watch these? Anything been interesting at them yet?

Also I would love to know how Giant Bomb decides which press conferences to talk over and which not to.

dynamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Which are some important ones they're skipping?

RikiGuitarist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RikiGuitarist

The PC Gaming Show is in the format of a talk show, so it's at least 2-3 people constantly talking and having conversations. If you have the Giant Bomb staff of 6 talking over that, it starts to become a mish-mash of crosstalk from different conversations. The presentation style of the publisher and console conferences makes it easier to commentate and converse over.

The Devolver Digital conference wasn't even a conference, it was a pre-recorded comedy sketch.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dynamix said:

Which are some important ones they're skipping?

First answer gets it. What other press conference is there?

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Besides PC Gamer there's nothing else live that they're missing.

And I see nothing wrong with PC Gamer giving a press conference. It's not about the magazine or the magazine industry, so there's nothing "WTF" about it to me. Short of Microsoft's presser, there's nothing focused exclusively on the PC market and it's tech and strengths, so it's nice to see it get some attention.

As to whether or not GB should cover it? Well, I'd like to get their take on what's presented in that press event in some way.

zaldar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Hmm ok thanks - glad to here actually the pc press conference is not about the magazine but a play for pc games. As someone who plays there games mostly on the PC will have to check that out then. Who does good commentary for it? I would definitely like to get the thoughts of the people here on it (along with the devolver digital press conference) but I can understand now why they might choose not to cover them.

I should have trusted the editorial decisions of Giant Bomb more it seems good to know. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.