Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Elite: Dangerous

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Dec 16, 2014

The fourth entry in the Elite franchise, from the series' co-creator David Braben and Frontier Developments.

Elite: Dangerous Odyssey expansion wants to give you some space legs

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Surprise surprise, there's a new Elite: Dangerous expansion coming in early 2021? Well it was a surprise to me - I downloaded ED to mess around for a few hours, and just stumbled across the trailer!

This expansion will be adding first-person combat, social hubs, etc. - which is sort of Star Citizen's M.O. Some of the confirmed features include (but are not limited to):

• Atmospheric Landings (currently you can just land on lifeless rocks and drive your rover around)
    • Living creatures, distributed across the galaxy
    • Similar to No Man's Sky, you can scan local flora/vegetation and sell the discoveries - your player name is permanently attached to the things you find.
    • Social Hubs, aka walk around on the space stations and visit NPCs in-person
    • Explore planets / moons in first-person
    • First-person combat - with rifles, shotguns, pistols, rockets, etc.
    • Lots more (here's a list here: Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Wiki)

Not available at launch but said to be coming later is walking around your ship interior - kind of a bummer this isn't out at launch, but at least it's being worked on.

I have a love-hate relationship with ED. I simultaneously find it boring and compelling. I usually play it for a few days before uninstalling it and returning months later for a few more days. I wonder if this expansion will finally break the variety-barrier for me and give me more of a game to enjoy, and not just fly around and sight-see in.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That sounds great! I might finally jump in on this series.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Looks dope, and they actually put stuff out unlike Star Citizen lol.

I have the original game, but man it was really hard to learn how to fly and land in it for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.