Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Will the Steam version have achievements?

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

The Steam version of Fallout 3 had GFW Live achievements so I was wondering if Vegas is the same way?

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By canucks23

From what i've heard, it's using Steam achievements now.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By ch13696

After looking it up on Steam (and having to put in my God %$#%^ motha^&(*%$#^ piece of ^%^&$^&* age for the ten millionth time), there won't be any Steam achievements. Although there will be Steam cloud and leaderboards.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
    @ch13696: I saw on steam that there were no achievements. what I was wondering it if theres still Games for Windows Live Achievements. 

And I too hate that stupid ass age barrier you have to put in.
    sileonex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By sileonex

New Vegas is using steamworks instead of GFWL so you will be getting steam achievements, steam cloud, etc.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#6  Edited By LordAndrew

Is it a Games for Windows Live game? If it is, it will be a Games for Windows Live game on Steam as well.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Animasta
    @LordAndrew said:
    " Is it a Games for Windows Live game? If it is, it will be a Games for Windows Live game on Steam as well. "
    it's steamworks
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#8  Edited By LordAndrew
    @wasteguru said:
    " @ch13696: I saw on steam that there were no achievements. what I was wondering it if theres still Games for Windows Live Achievements.  And I too hate that stupid ass age barrier you have to put in. "
    So apparently it does have Steam achievements. Looking at the game's box now, I see that it's not a Games for Windows Live game.
    Checking on Steam before launch doesn't always tell you what you need to know. There was one game that I had checked before release to see if it had Steamworks achievements, and was disappointed to find that there were none. But they were listed once the game came out.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By ch13696
    @LordAndrew said:
    " @wasteguru said:
    " @ch13696: I saw on steam that there were no achievements. what I was wondering it if theres still Games for Windows Live Achievements.  And I too hate that stupid ass age barrier you have to put in. "
    So apparently it does have Steam achievements. Looking at the game's box now, I see that it's not a Games for Windows Live game. Checking on Steam before launch doesn't always tell you what you need to know. There was one game that I had checked before release to see if it had Steamworks achievements, and was disappointed to find that there were none. But they were listed once the game came out. "
    They probably didn't make the achievements yet then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.