Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout

Franchise »

The Fallout franchise is a post-apocalyptic series of role-playing and tactics games originally developed by Black Isle, and most recently, Bethesda Softworks and Obsidian Entertainment.

Ideas for Fallout 4???

• 111 results
    giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By giyanks22

Anyone have any ideas for a plot for Fallout 4...

One that comes to mind for me is a game that takes place in Hiroshima in 1945 after the Atomic Bomb has gone off. You're a lieutenant in the Japanese military, somehow you survived the explosion with only a few cuts and brusies and the whole point of the game is to reach the emperor of Japan, and to protect in the event the United States invades Japan. They could of course fantasize the story and make weird creatures, and what have you, but I think that's a pretty good plot.

Any other Ideas.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Chummy8
    giyanks22 said:
    "Anyone have any ideas for a plot for Fallout 4...

One that comes to mind for me is a game that takes place in Hiroshima in 1945 after the Atomic Bomb has gone off. You're a lieutenant in the Japanese military, somehow you survived the explosion with only a few cuts and brusies and the whole point of the game is to reach the emperor of Japan, and to protect in the event the United States invades Japan. They could of course fantasize the story and make weird creatures, and what have you, but I think that's a pretty good plot.

Any other Ideas."
    Wow, that's not Fallout at all.
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#3  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw
    giyanks22 said:

Any other Ideas."

Nice idea for a game, but if I'm not mistaken, the Fallout universe is supposed to take place sometime in the 22nd century. 

I'd like to see a Fallout with a return to the idea of traveling to different cities.  Fallout 3 was huge, no mistake - but it never felt like you were really ever leaving one particular area.  I'd like to see it take place in New York or the New England area.  Storyline-wise, I think the Brotherhood of Steel will always be (and should always be) at the heart of a Fallout story, so I'd like to see the player become a fresh recruit for the group or perhaps a militia-like offshoot.  I think there's a lot more potential  to introduce new monster-types, and I'd like to see this introduced in the next game.  Specifically, we've seen how the super-mutants become brutes, but how about some kind of mutations that alter the mind?  Psionic creations could square off against the player character.  These super-psionics could be altering humans both for good and for bad, offering some kind of alterations to genetic coding (and more potential perks).  Perhaps they're doing a variation of "dipping" slaves similar to what happens with the super-mutants.
    Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Chummy8

The trouble with making a bigger game world is that you tend to sacrifice other areas to make it bigger.  The game worlds in Fallout 1 and 2 were huge in comparison to Fallout 3.  In fact, that's one of the reasons why I don't consider Fallout 3 to be the best game in the series.  So far, we've seen California, and we've seen Washington DC.  I would love to see more towns and different cities.

I picture a mid-west location right in the heartland with pleanty of wasteland and make shift cities and towns.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By End_Boss
    Notes to the Fallout 4 Team.
    - use more colors than "brown 0031" in your character/landscape palette.
    - make your characters someone the average player could relate to instead of making them personality devoid husks through which to convey quest information.
    - have the player's main quest be more than "find dad". Dream big!
    - don't use the Oblivion engine.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

Personally, i'd like to see weather. Acid rain that you have to take shelter from and an actual nuclear winter looking place or something would be nice. Besides that, more side missions, more big decisions like Megaton and a more entertaining main questline. Though, I feel that for those last three, all they would need to do is hire a better team of writers.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Jayge_

Idea for Fallout 4: Come out after TES5.

Other than that... I dunno what I would want. I'm incredibly happy with Fallout 3, and I could suggest a ton of interesting possibilities for mechanics and shit in the sequel, but I'm pretty content at the moment.

End_Boss said:

"Notes to the Fallout 4 Team.
    - use more colors than "brown 0031" in your character/landscape palette.
    - make your characters someone the average player could relate to instead of making them personality devoid husks through which to convey quest information.
    - have the player's main quest be more than "find dad". Dream big!
    - don't use the Oblivion engine."
    Why does it seem like all of the users who's names are green can never come up with anything more interesting than a generic trolling attempt or Generic Generalization Post #1-10?
    Voldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Voldy
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Personally, i'd like to see weather. Acid rain that you have to take shelter from and an actual nuclear winter looking place or something would be nice. Besides that, more side missions, more big decisions like Megaton and a more entertaining main questline. Though, I feel that for those last three, all they would need to do is hire a better team of writers."
    Acid rain idea sounds awesome. Fallout 4 has to be outside of Washington anyway - Somewhere in Europe perhaps? Russia would be a good location, a kind of winter environment would be a great change.
    randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By randiolo

make it better.

freezerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By freezerr

I'd like to play a character in the Brotherhood of Steel. Keeping the "you can complete these missions in multiple ways" would be good. Perhaps modify the karma system. Instead of the Good v. Bad, go for alignment to either various ideals or factions within the BoS.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Chummy8

Watch what you say.  Too much modification of the leveling/karma systems will further ruin the brilliance of the first 2 games.

freezerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By freezerr
    TekZero said:
    "Watch what you say.  Too much modification of the leveling/karma systems will further ruin the brilliance of the first 2 games."
    I haven't played the first 2 games yet :(

Oh, and another idea - I'd like to feel like I can customize my character more in the leveling. In FO3, it just feels like a slow upgrade from underpowered ---> overpowered. I don't know how the first two were in this respect.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pibo47

Um. How about fuck fallout 4 i want TES 5 more.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#14  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Personally, i'd like to see weather. Acid rain that you have to take shelter from and an actual nuclear winter looking place or something would be nice. Besides that, more side missions, more big decisions like Megaton and a more entertaining main questline. Though, I feel that for those last three, all they would need to do is hire a better team of writers."
    That's a hell of a good idea.  Random elements like that can make a world of difference in breathing life into an area.
    giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By giyanks22

I really love the acid rain idea. I'm actually starting Elder Scrolls III today, so I 'll see how they play, and I think i'm buying Fallout 3, along with Oblivion on Sat, so I'll see how they work out.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By End_Boss
    Jayge said:
    "Why does it seem like all of the users who's names are green can never come up with anything more interesting than a generic trolling attempt or Generic Generalization Post #1-10?"
    So you deny that Fallout 3 needed more colorful and interesting landscapes, despite the overwhelming majority of people who think otherwise, including Giant Bomb's own Bombcast? So you deny that the characters in the game stare at you lifelessly with their hands at their sides for the majority of the conversations (cutscenes, few as they are, are exempt)? Furthermore, you deny that the "find my missing parent/sibling/lover" plotline isn't as tired as the "you must do this for you are the chosen one" plotline? So you deny that the engine used in Fallout 3 is remarkably similar to Oblivion's?

Take the blinders off, kiddo. Your Fallout 3 definitely ain't perfect, and as I remember someone asked for ideas for Fallout 4. There they are.
    Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Drebin_893
    giyanks22 said:

Any other Ideas."
    That's not even slightly Fallout
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By skrutop

I'd go with a Southern city, just to mix it up a bit.  It'd be interesting to see a semi-tropical, oceanic location like Miami.  That would give the devs an excuse to liven up the brown landscapes, but still give it the feel of Fallout.  Alternatively, going in the totally opposite direction, since the U.S. annexed Canada, they could choose a city like Vancouver.

The acid rain idea is pretty cool, but in practice it'd probably get a bit tedious to have to wait it out.  Then again, if they did a place like Florida it would have downpours followed by sun, so it could work in the context of the game.

If you did have a bigger game world, it'd be a good excuse to give you a car.

I'd like to see more enemy variety.  After awhile, you're just fighting the same guys over an over again.  Give us a boss, like Frank Horrigan - but, for God's sake, make that character fit the game properly.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By giyanks22
    skrutop said:
    "I'd go with a Southern city, just to mix it up a bit.  It'd be interesting to see a semi-tropical, oceanic location like Miami.  That would give the devs an excuse to liven up the brown landscapes, but still give it the feel of Fallout.  Alternatively, going in the totally opposite direction, since the U.S. annexed Canada, they could choose a city like Vancouver.

The acid rain idea is pretty cool, but in practice it'd probably get a bit tedious to have to wait it out.  Then again, if they did a place like Florida it would have downpours followed by sun, so it could work in the context of the game.

If you did have a bigger game world, it'd be a good excuse to give you a car.

I'd like to see more enemy variety.  After awhile, you're just fighting the same guys over an over again.  Give us a boss, like Frank Horrigan - but, for God's sake, make that character fit the game properly."
    I like the whole Boss Idea.
    jonb1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jonb1

dont make it

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Bulldog19892

Personally, I think they shouldn't just give you the "main" storyline that essentially forces you to be a part of the Brotherhood of Steel and their mission. They you should give you multiple factions and allow you to join different sides. Seriously, why can't I join the Enclave? How come I can't kill my dad? Also, there weren't all that many quests, and a lot of the quests weren't especially memorable. Also, I want to aim down my ironsights. I love that view.

And instead of making it so your weapons skills determine whether or not you hit the enemy in real-time combat, just make it determine accuracy. I understand you're trying to make it 'Fallout-y', but in the context of a first person shooter it doesn't work very well. Also, make it so shooting people's limbs in VATS has more benefits. Crippling someone's arm or leg does jack-shit. You're better off aiming for the head or torso in every single case. Instead, make it so crippling an enemies leg makes them fall down or something, thus giving you time escape or advance for a better shot, or shooting their arm makes them unable to use that arm, making two handed weapons either impossible to use or incredibly inaccurate.

I could go on for a long time. Even though I loved the game, it had a shit ton of flaws.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Gunner
    TekZero said:
    "giyanks22 said:

Any other Ideas."
    Wow, that's not Fallout at all."
    This

I would like to see some more history/Lore of the fallout universe come into play in future titles.
    destro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By destro

Still a post apocalyptic America, but make the map maybe a bit bigger. Also, it should be a couple hundred years into the future so the water would be fresh and some greenery would exist (making adventures seem a little less bland) Also it would be cool if there was some small, uprising, futuristic cities coming up. But then you also have the fucking up creators and stuff. Not sure what the story line would be though, haha.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By RHCPfan24

I need to finish Fallout 3. 

I will get back to you when I actually get somewhat through it.
    Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Systech

Bring it back to San Francisco possibly. I would love to see what happened to the Golden Gate Bridge, the vertical street gameplay, and all the insanely large Mirelurks in the irradiated bay.

destro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By destro
    systech said:
    "Bring it back to San Francisco possibly. I would love to see what happened to the Golden Gate Bridge, the vertical street gameplay, and all the insanely large Mirelurks in the irradiated bay."
    And all the gay gouls..........haha just joking
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By shadows_kill

i would enjoy better aiming cause its very inaccurate as is now. maybe move the location again...maybe to new york or chicago?

destro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By destro

NY City would be dope, no doubt about it, but make the city more excessable, i didn't like how in fallout 3 a lot of the streets and shit are blocked in DC.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jayge_
    End_Boss said:
    "Jayge said:
    "Why does it seem like all of the users who's names are green can never come up with anything more interesting than a generic trolling attempt or Generic Generalization Post #1-10?"
    So you deny that Fallout 3 needed more colorful and interesting landscapes, despite the overwhelming majority of people who think otherwise, including Giant Bomb's own Bombcast? So you deny that the characters in the game stare at you lifelessly with their hands at their sides for the majority of the conversations (cutscenes, few as they are, are exempt)? Furthermore, you deny that the "find my missing parent/sibling/lover" plotline isn't as tired as the "you must do this for you are the chosen one" plotline? So you deny that the engine used in Fallout 3 is remarkably similar to Oblivion's?

Take the blinders off, kiddo. Your Fallout 3 definitely ain't perfect, and as I remember someone asked for ideas for Fallout 4. There they are."
    It's a post-apocalyptic wasteland. It's fucking called, "The Wasteland". Anyone expecting otherwise was a dullard. If you disagree with the setting and that makes you dislike the game, that's fine, but it's a staple of the entire Fallout series. It's fairly obvious that they won't and shouldn't change that. As for citing the Bombcast, I've said it once and I'll repeat it- I don't agree, in general, with any of the Crew's general critical perceptions. As for characters being lifeless husks, they weren't. In terms of animation, yes, they have a general stiffness that is characteristic of all Bethesda games. Would I like that improved? Sure. However, that doesn't automatically make the characters simple vessels for quest information. Most of the many named characters in the game have distinct personalities and dialogue, each with their own humor and subtleties that vary based on importance to questlines and the like. If you choose to ignore that, that's not my problem.

As for the main questline being uninspired- that's your personal view. You'd be hard pressed to find anything that isn't. Of course, I would say you're mistaken if you cared about the main quest enough to care about the main "plot". The game isn't about finding your father. It's about saving the Wasteland. You are attempting, for part of the game, to find your father; that is true. That's not what the purpose of the plotline is though. The main story missions weren't my focus throughout most of the game, nor were they many other people's. And most of those playthroughs have been better for that fact. The ability to choose which order you complete the objectives in the story, and that nothing about the "story" hinders your progress as you progress on your own terms, is what makes Fallout 3 the game that it is. You can place as much or little emphasis on whatever you want, whenever you want, and nobody faults you for it. Anybody who minds your business can be killed. In the end of the game, although it wasn't the "climax" that so many people lament not having, the choice is yours, to topple the towers you've built up, to deliver the final blow to the crippled creature you've made of the Wastes, to leave it to itself, or to attempt to help it. And when the DLC comes out, you'll (hopefully) be able to view and realize those choices.

I don't deny that the engine is remarkably similar to Oblivion's- it is the Embryo engine. What do you think, they would create a new one from scratch, when their already-succesfull one can have necessary improvements made to it that will keep it relevant in future generations. Bethesda's remarkable scripting talents ensure that the games they make are replayable in ways that barely any others can rival. What possible reason could they want to have for using a new engine? It's flexible enough, and they can easily fix the animation issues themselves without coding something entirely new. If it's succesfull and highly functional, why not add to it instead of scrapping it and starting anew?

I don't have any "blinders" on. I know Fallout 3 isn't perfect. I had to replay several hours of it to complete multiple objectives for achievements and other in-game goals to take effect because of some oversights that were made. I'm well aware that Giyanks has asked for suggestions; but when they're so generic that they look copy-pasted, and you have yet to still provide any reasoning behind them, people (such as myself) are bound to question them.
    destro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By destro

Fallout 3 is dope. One of the only games i think is even worth my money this generation (so far). Just for the replay value

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jayge_
    SoothsayerGB said:
    "__    ------    POSSIBLE SPOILERS  ------   __

How bout, they make the game fun, worthwhile, interesting, and a real RPG, and not just a failed attempt at a FPS with an identity crisis.

Fallout 3 was horrible.  I haven't played the first 2, so I have no place to speak.  But I will anyway.  I was excited about the game and it failed to keep my interest.  Big time.

I hated navigating through the subways over and over again. I know their is fast travel, but i mean that  all the damn subways felt the same.  The whole game looks and feels the same.  RPGs should have lots of Variety.

It's a FPS with RPG elements.  If the game's main mode of conflict is FPS action.  Then above all it's a FPS.  Sorry if your in denial about it, like the devs clearing were.   But it failed horribly as a shooter.  The VATS system was a massive crutch and boring fallback mechanic when over used.  The guns played like a Half life rip off, but very badly done or half assed.  The shooting was boring, inaccurate and left me having to use VATS over and over just to not have to use all my meds.  Sorry I am used to real shooters.

The story was so bad I almost stopped playing.  Just find your father, that's it.  I thought this was a RPG.  They should go play a FF or MMO.  They need more writers.

Then there is the way they tried to instill a feeling of realism.  By stapling on a bunch of annoying and useless features.  Like getting weighed down if you are carrying to many items.  Why can you carry so many if...  Also currency.  When you can kill just about anyone, but can't take their items....  URK.

Eh... I just really hated that game.  But a lot of people claim to really like it.  So I should mention some of the notable things included in the game.

Like the great way you are forced to deal with the consequences of your actions. The very interesting way, or the look at a post apocalyptic DC.  ZOMBIES with detectable limbs and exploding heads!  Pre-teen punkers that you can kill everywhere.  Letting the rats eat his mom.  ^^ Nukes!

All thoe, I really don't like Fallout 3 at all or in any way.  A well thought out, well polished and nicely executed 4.  Could be a great game.  So I hope B.  goes back to the drawing boards and starts from scratch.  They have a want for a great idea. But they just need to be more aware of themselves and of what fans want.

If it plays like a FPS, looks like a FPS, then damn it.  Make a FPS!

or at least a RPG.
    "
    I'm sorry... have you ever played an RPG before?
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

jayge it sounded like he didnt even play it ....

also how the fuck do you make a subway look interesting they all look the same in real life genius...
    goldenmnk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By goldenmnk

lets ask levio91

Monkeymantjg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Monkeymantjg

I like the whole Vancouver Idea and it could encompass Alaska and route out all the Chinese as brotherhood of steel sets up camp in the town of HOPE , BC where Rambo film the first movie LOL and  Jasper of Banff  can be enclave bases.  your character comes from a Vault near Seattle.

you start when the brotherhood enter the vault and you are recruited to the brotherhood of steel and then as you rise up the rank they order you to recruit waste landers to set up  out posts in Canada as you move towards Alaska with the goal to fight, kill not capture the Chinese in Alaska.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By End_Boss
    Jayge said:
    - It's a post-apocalyptic wasteland. It's fucking called, "The Wasteland". Anyone expecting otherwise was a dullard.
    - As for characters being lifeless husks, they weren't. In terms of animation, yes, they have a general stiffness that is characteristic of all Bethesda games. Would I like that improved? Sure. However, that doesn't automatically make the characters simple vessels for quest information.
    - As for the main questline being uninspired- that's your personal view. You'd be hard pressed to find anything that isn't. Of course, I would say you're mistaken if you cared about the main quest enough to care about the main "plot".
    - I don't deny that the engine is remarkably similar to Oblivion's... They can easily fix the animation issues themselves without coding something entirely new.
    - But when they're so generic that they look copy-pasted, and you have yet to still provide any reasoning behind them, people (such as myself) are bound to question them."
    Okay, let me take your unnecessarily long post and take from it what points I can.

- The fact that its a post-apocalyptic wasteland does not justify everything being a brown wash of boring. The folks who worked on the game who you so lavish praise upon are surely smart enough to realize that and apparently talented enough to find ways to work in interesting color palettes and scenery other than Rusted Car 456,613.
    - If someone stared at me with their arms pinned to their sides while delivering a particularly lively monologue in real life, I would question their sanity. Fallout 3 is portrayed as a realistic game but, unless something happened to mankind as a collective species post-nuking that now prevents them from expressing emotion through anything but their voices, my verdict on the characters remains the same: play a lively voice through a corpse and its just a corpse singing Dancing in the Rain.
    - My personal view? How many games have you played that have that same plotline or one so similar that to bring up the differences would be ridiculous? If you say "not that often" then this conversation, such as it is, is over. You want an example of a game with a more inspired plotline leading to a more story-driven experience? Hell, I'll give ya' one within the same genre: Mass Effect. There.
    - I know its the same engine. That's why I said they needed to change it. Whether that means re-hauling the entire engine or just making a few tweaks here and there is irrelevant. The statement stands, because the fact is that they didn't make those changes.
    - From reading some of your posts, I've already come to recognize that you try to invalidate opposing poster's points by attacking them personally. You did so twice in this post alone. All you succeeded in here was making yourself look pretentious.

P.S. The above? That's what they call "reasoning".
    atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By atejas
    HandsomeDead said:
    This. Something like STALKER's blowout.
    And make decisions in sidequests relevant to the story.
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#38  Edited By skrutop
    destro said:
    "NY City would be dope, no doubt about it, but make the city more excessable, i didn't like how in fallout 3 a lot of the streets and shit are blocked in DC."
    Not that I disagree about playing in New York, but I'm tired of seeing NYC all of the time in movies and games.
    aemaeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By aemaeth

Fallout 3 was good, but  nobody should make another Fallout again. Ever.

I'll take Fallout 2 anyday, hell, even Tactics over Fallout 3.
    atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By atejas
    End_Boss said:
    Okay, let me take your unnecessarily long post and take from it what points I can.

- The fact that its a post-apocalyptic wasteland does not justify everything being a brown wash of boring. The folks who worked on the game who you so lavish praise upon are surely smart enough to realize that and apparently talented enough to find ways to work in interesting color palettes and scenery other than Rusted Car 456,613.
    Have you played the first two? Hell, did you know the franchise existed before 3?

End_Boss said:
    Fallout 3 is portrayed as a realistic game
    Because that's why it's a pseudo-50s-esque game filled with black humour, right?
    End_Boss said:
    If you say "not that often" then this conversation, such as it is, is over. You want an example of a game with a more inspired plotline leading to a more story-driven experience? Hell, I'll give ya' one within the same genre: Mass Effect. There.
    HUGE ROBOTS. WHO WANT TO KILL EVERYONE, BECAUSE
    GreatOneFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41  Edited By GreatOneFreak

1. Make Cyber Ponies. They  are supreme evil .

two is lame

3. Make it not suck?

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By End_Boss
    atejas said:
    - Have you played the first two? Hell, did you know the franchise existed before 3?
    - Because that's why it's a pseudo-50s-esque game filled with black humour, right?
    - HUGE ROBOTS. WHO WANT TO KILL EVERYONE, BECAUSE"
    - you mean the ones released in 1997 and '98 respectively? Yeah, you're right, its too soon for progression.
    - sigh... Alright, let me clarify, because apparently just saying it isn't enough: no video game, according to your standards, is realistic. The style of Fallout 3 is realistic. The people (even the horribly mangled ghouls) are based in reality, as are the backdrops and settings of the world proper.
    - the main plot of Mass Effect was far more intricate than that. Did you play that game?
    Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By Gunner
    End_Boss said:
    "atejas said:
    - Have you played the first two? Hell, did you know the franchise existed before 3?
    - Because that's why it's a pseudo-50s-esque game filled with black humour, right?
    - you mean the ones released in 1997 and '98 respectively? Yeah, you're right, its too soon for progression.
    - sigh... Alright, let me clarify, because apparently just saying it isn't enough: no video game, according to your standards, is realistic. The style of Fallout 3 is realistic. The people (even the horribly mangled ghouls) are based in reality, as are the backdrops and settings of the world proper.
    - the main plot of Mass Effect was far more intricate than that. Did you play that game?"
    What do you mean the style? You mean the little technical things like items "weighing" you down? that's just a way to limit your inventory space, much like every other RPG known to man. Nothing about that game is supposed to be "realistic" except for the graphics, and even that is debatable, your supposed to be arguing about whether or not the game is good or not remember?
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By End_Boss
    Gunner said:
    "What do you mean the style? You mean the little technical things like items "weighing" you down? that's just a way to limit your inventory space, much like every other RPG known to man. Nothing about that game is supposed to be "realistic" except for the graphics, and even that is debatable, your supposed to be arguing about whether or not the game is good or not remember?"
    My original comment was that the NPCs aren't as believable as I think the world would like them to be. I never felt any emotional attachment to them because the only parts of their bodies that expressed the sometimes intense emotions that they were feeling was their vocal chords. The first comment kind of got railroaded to where we are now... You'd have to refer back to the original post. Also, we weren't ever actually supposed to be debating whether or not the game was good... I gave my suggestions as to what could be improved for Fallout 4 (as the topic line stated) and it spiralled out of control from there.
    Mkd222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mkd222

I have 2 ideas for fallout 4 and here they are.

They should continue on with the fallout 3 story,so basically Fawkes or charon go into the irradiated chamber of Project purity and revive you then after that if you have destroyed the enclave then the brotherhood use their Tech and gear up to fight the Remnants of super mutants and enclave in other cities.So basically make the map all across the USA and have new weapons,armour,characters,quests and scenery.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By crunchUK

Better atmosphere. Somehow fallout 3 just feels like some kind of cheap set for a moive instead of making you feel you're in some barren dangerous wasteland

Mkd222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mkd222

heres my 2nd idea you are a soldier in anchorage after the war fighting chinese remnants and fight your way out of the mountains of anchorage[basically opeartion anchorage]
    but you reach the capital wasteland with some of your soldiers and encounter the abominations of the wastes.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By atejas
    End_Boss said:
    "atejas said:
    - the main plot of Mass Effect was far more intricate than that. Did you play that game?"
    -Fallout was always brown. Fallout was always bleak. Bethesda stayed true to that, at least.
    - I WAS talking about the style. Explain to me why everyone uses old 70s era computers. Tell me why the robots and energy weaponry are the type commonly seen in 20th century pop culture depictions of the future. Tell me why the radio broadcasts music from the 50s. If that isn't the style, what is?
    -Mass Effect had some fascinating backstory, I'll admit. But the main story was mediocre at best.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By REDRUN

fix the oblivion/fallout bugs

prinny_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By prinny_god
    giyanks22 said:
    "Anyone have any ideas for a plot for Fallout 4...One that comes to mind for me is a game that takes place in Hiroshima in 1945 after the Atomic Bomb has gone off. You're a lieutenant in the Japanese military, somehow you survived the explosion with only a few cuts and brusies and the whole point of the game is to reach the emperor of Japan, and to protect in the event the United States invades Japan. They could of course fantasize the story and make weird creatures, and what have you, but I think that's a pretty good plot.Any other Ideas."
    that's a s.t.a.l.k.e.r game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.