Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 5

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Mar 27, 2018

The fifth main entry in the open-world series, this time set in Montana. The protagonist must free Hope County from the cult known as Eden’s Gate, led by cult leader Joseph Seed.

Shooting feels bad?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#1  Edited By Kidavenger

This is my first Far Cry game and I can't seem to hit anything with any accuracy.

The Sniper rifle floats around so much it's essentially useless

The regular rifle jumps around so much...

The Bow seems pretty good but it's range is really lacking.

The pistol seems like it has so much aim assist that I can aim better with it than anything else.

I'm guessing this stuff gets better at some point with perks/upgrades but it's not a very good first impression.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

What platform are you playing on? I did a playthrough on Pc and was landing pro shots like a pro gamer even though I am very much (probably) not. I had several moments where I took out like 5 to 6 dudes in succession with a silenced pistol without being detected. Maybe this is an example of a game feeling better on m/k over controller.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I found that just sticking a red dot on, short bursts and headshots helped me a lot out of the same first impression. They stand around, or come to a stop, and my tracking while they are moving has improved. I'm waiting for the same perks.

Too general to go into here, but just the same, still not feeling the game........

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

You can change the rate of fire on guns from full auto to 3 round burst to single. That should help with the AR jumping around. You can hold your breathe with the sniper when zoomed in and there’s a skill that reduces the sway as well.

Try turning off all the ui elements and just mess around with single shot assault rifles to get a feel for the recoil I guess? Idk that’s some stuff to try that probably won’t actually help.

chiefbott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont know if its just me but i feel the gun play is actually really good. There's actual recoil unlike every game that isn't counter-strike/pubg. For fuck sake even rainbow six siege doesnt have recoil anymore. Id like to try this gunplay at 60 fps though 28ish sucks on ps4 pro.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@werupenstein: I think it's just how the guns are in those games. I've always hated the shooting in Far Cry and found it too floaty and inaccurate for what it is.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By pweidman

The shooting is really good w/o being easy imo. Toning down the rof at first will really help, hold breath while sniping, and get used to shooting on first sighting before sway. Also the perks for the weapon classes help too. There are also much better weapons you can find and buy, than the ones you start with. Attachments also help. There is a real nice progression as you acquire all these things in the game. I'm playing on console/controller for reference.

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a huge fan of the game but the shooting is very tight, I would say. Far Cry has pretty much always nailed the feeling of the weapons.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I've always kind of despised the feel of the guns in this game. It feels like there's more "snap" to the auto-lock of the aiming this time around, which I think mitigates some of the wild recoil movement, but yeah, this is kind of the way Far Cry always feels.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One other small mention. there is an adjustment for targeting off-center and on-center. Don't know why, mine for some reason was off center. Corrected that and things are much better.

CrimsonJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're playing with a controller, I've always felt like the Far Cry games have really bad aim on them. Definitely a m+kb type of game like the MachineGames Wolfensteins.

BlindSeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BlindSeer

Although I prefer KB+Mouse for Far Cry 5 I've found I can be pretty accurate with a steam controller that has a touchpad on it. It can take a little practice getting that hang of Far Cry weapons but with a little practice you can be very accurate.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.