Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

Official Fez puzzle hint thread!

1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#451  Edited By 1p

@LongMasterWolf: I LOVE YOU TOO MAN and i'm elated that this train is rolling again.

This is probably going to turn out to be the actual solution path to the monolith, right? That one guy said the solution isn't "in the game", so it's probably on the soundtrack.

aperfecttool72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#452  Edited By aperfecttool72

I just want to thank you all who are helping put together that Fez Game Guide. That is going to be alot of help to us who don't have much time to game and decode all this craziness. Vinny is going to find his playing time cut shorter and short as his little dude grows up. Crazy kids, always needing something!

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#453  Edited By sjschmidt93

Anyone else using serious use of their cameras/phones while playing this game? I've taken many, many pictures.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#454  Edited By mesoian

@CrunchbiteJr said:

Can anyone offer any help here?

No Caption Provided

Edit: Ignore me. Idiot.

Well I certainly haven't, so dish. I have no idea what to do with the gravestone looking things.

Also, at any point did sound start coming out of the Skull artifact last night for anyone? I swear before I went out, If I rotated it just the right way, some sort of sound was coming out of it, but would get softer if I rotated it away. Might have just been a bug though

1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455  Edited By 1p

@Mesoian said:

Also, at any point did sound start coming out of the Skull artifact last night for anyone? I swear before I went out, If I rotated it just the right way, some sort of sound was coming out of it, but would get softer if I rotated it away. Might have just been a bug though

Dude what? Someone please confirm this.

Mysterysheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#456  Edited By Mysterysheep

@Mesoian: Pretty sure that's just the ambient sounds in the level being altered by moving the left analog stick around. Left analog stick is used to move the camera and seems to continue doing so while in the artifact menu.

OllyTrolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457  Edited By OllyTrolly

Hey everyone :). This thread has been enormously useful with getting through the game, especially where people have put hints instead of just spelling out the answer. So thanks for anyone who has helped out in any way. Interesting how everyone does different things and notices different things in the game. Seems there are tons of little details out there.

Anyway, just a fewthings:

I've seen you repeatedly say the text '"ALL OF TIME AND SPACE. AND THE SPACE OUTSIDE OF SPACE. WHERE DOES IT END?" is at the end of the tome, but I read it on the side of one of the levels. Unfortunately I can't remember which, but I can tell you for sure I didn't read it in the tome since I haven't unlocked the end of the tome and haven't even attempted to read the tome yet.

I had the same phenomenon happen to me, but it also happened when standing on top of the statue and in first-person mode. I suppose it could be ambient, but I don't think it was. I'm fairly certain it's to do with the skull artifact and the 'gravestone' puzzles.

While on the topic of the skull artifact, I did finally work out the number system with the help of a comment on here. But I still don't understand the significance of the skull picture in the boiler room, the symbols opposite the skull picture and the indents on the bottom of the actual skull artifact (that form the same three dot shape as in the picture of symbols).

Also, I have a question mark for the room with the weird squid statue (which has the same three-dot symbol on it), and I'm unable to solve the puzzle for the anti-cube in there. Any hints please?

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#458  Edited By Daveyo520

What do I do with the artifacts?

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459  Edited By Robo

@OllyTrolly: Yep, I believe it's under the observatory. Either that or the clock. I don't remember.

I still believe it has something to do with the final puzzle. It's a shame we never really pinned anything down with that.

@Daveyo520: Well, the red cube simply appears to be a tool used to write out the alphabet. I don't believe any real use has been discovered yet (I personally tried mapping it to the picture of the number cube from a classroom and creating a system to use to either decipher the tome or further work into some sort of input sequence...but all that was to no avail).

The blue cube seems to be the same sort of thing, just for numbers.

The skull remains a mystery (as OllyTrolly mentioned, there's a picture of a similar skull in that boiler room next to the letters XYZ and other glyphs).

The tome has been deciphered. It contains various haiku-like messages - most of which can be found elsewhere in the world. Some appear to be hints to the games final puzzles.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#460  Edited By Daveyo520

@Robo: I have since done everything, lol. Thank you though. Sadly I somehow did the extra cube glitch without even meaning to and screwed up my game.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#461  Edited By Romination

Hey, with the special red cubes, is there anything to do with those once you get all 3?

Mysterysheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462  Edited By Mysterysheep

@Romination: As of yet, it's a mystery. Some think the images found in the games soundtrack may offer some insight.

LongMasterWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#463  Edited By LongMasterWolf

@Mysterysheep said:

@Romination: As of yet, it's a mystery. Some think the images found in the games soundtrack may offer some insight.

Yeah at this point all you can do is watch them float majestically.

flufflogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#464  Edited By flufflogic

This needs its own Wikia. Makes my head hurt.

Lokno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#465  Edited By Lokno

@ADAMWD: I'd move on and come back to it.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#466  Edited By OmegaPirate

@CptDanger said:

No Caption Provided

anyone figured these out?

Still can not for the life of me figure what to do with these.

I'd heard murmurings of the skull artifact being related - however i have since aquired it and still not got anything to do.

Theres a skull marking in the boiler room but for the life of me both these structures and the skull artifact are bewildering me

Lokno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467  Edited By Lokno

@OmegaPirate said:

@CptDanger said:

No Caption Provided

anyone figured these out?

Still can not for the life of me figure what to do with these.

I'd heard murmurings of the skull artifact being related - however i have since aquired it and still not got anything to do.

Theres a skull marking in the boiler room but for the life of me both these structures and the skull artifact are bewildering me

Have you truly explored the areas that have posts from every perspective?

kamikaze_tutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468  Edited By kamikaze_tutor

@CptDanger,@OmegaPirate,@Mesoian:

Have you finished the game?

Oh and for everyone here, I really need to leave this here, no matter how obvious it is for some:

Play the game with rumble on.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469  Edited By OmegaPirate

@Kamikaze_Tutor: i believe i just have, everything fucked my face for 10 minutes then i got the kill screen achievement, watching creds now

LongMasterWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470  Edited By LongMasterWolf

@OmegaPirate said:

@Kamikaze_Tutor: i believe i just have, everything fucked my face for 10 minutes then i got the kill screen achievement, watching creds now

Go back to those and use your New Game + power and take a look around.

kamikaze_tutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471  Edited By kamikaze_tutor

@LongMasterWolf: Heh, I was trying to be a bit more subtle. :P

LongMasterWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472  Edited By LongMasterWolf

@Kamikaze_Tutor said:

Lol I know but we will see if he understands what to do with the info given.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473  Edited By OmegaPirate

@LongMasterWolf said:

@Kamikaze_Tutor said:

Lol I know but we will see if he understands what to do with the info given.

cheers for the help there :) wasnt actually planning on finishing u the game but managed to stumble into the endgame. glad theres a new game+ to go into, didnt get to start it last night as i had to go out on the tiles - now to see whether a hangover head is capable of dealing with this shizzle! :) x

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5619720a117
    deactivated-5e5619720a117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hey duders,

I just got 32 cubes, but it's not all 32 regular cubes, it's 22 plus 10 anti cubes. However Dot was like "Hey go open the 32 cube door!" If I go through this Stargate before I have all 32 regualr cubes is it going to give me a bad ending or mess up my new game +?

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475  Edited By Zithe

@Dross said:

Hey duders,

I just got 32 cubes, but it's not all 32 regular cubes, it's 22 plus 10 anti cubes. However Dot was like "Hey go open the 32 cube door!" If I go through this Stargate before I have all 32 regualr cubes is it going to give me a bad ending or mess up my new game +?

Nope, that's normal. You are ready for New Game+ which will help you get the remaining cubes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5619720a117
    deactivated-5e5619720a117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Zithe said:

@Dross said:

Hey duders,

Nope, that's normal. You are ready for New Game+ which will help you get the remaining cubes.

Cool. Thanks a lot!

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#477  Edited By Brackynews

Duders, the guide is looking awesome but it still needs a LOT more solutions to any room it's missing. Dig in! Brute force! lol

1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479  Edited By 1p

@Massif: That's amazing.

It's unfortunate that most people, me included, stumbled upon the solution by accident without having to actually figure this out.

konradbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480  Edited By konradbm

Alright I have almost given up on the sunglasses. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with them. Anyone capable of pointing me in the right direction without outright spoiling it for me?

Lokno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482  Edited By Lokno

@1p said:

@Massif: That's amazing.

It's unfortunate that most people, me included, stumbled upon the solution by accident without having to actually figure this out.

Yeah, that happened for me too.

If you encode the left and right stars as LT and RT respectively, and then begin to enter this as a sequence, you'll get it once you reach the pattern 100110

I didn't even get a chance to explore its meaning more.

konradbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483  Edited By konradbm

@Massif said:

@Devilb0y: Do you know what the glasses do? If not, try randomly pressing some buttons.

If you know what they do, but not where to use them, there's probably a group of secrets you still haven't gotten that have something in common. Use the glasses around that common thing.

Open for a bit more obvious clue:

It has to do with the pillars with the square pictured above by CptDanger

Yeah I knew what they did I just had know idea where to use them.

That's really helpful though - I'll get back to my puzzling. Cheers dude.

Avatar image for donshuladoingthehula
    DonShulaDoingTheHula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK, finally resorting to asking for hints. I've enjoyed figuring things out myself to this point, but I think I'm stuck. I'm in New Game + and (I think) I'm almost finished. Hopefully asking multiple questions isn't breaking protocol.

There are only four unaccessible rooms left on my map: the maintenance room in the first zone, the room connected to the four-sided door cube room in the raining zone, the room connected to "owl island," and the room attached to the museum/library. I also just missed the timer for the white arm on the clock so I'm pretty ticked about that and will likely yank the ethernet cable on my Xbox and try to change the time manually. I have no idea what the actual interval is, but I know it's been heading toward 12 for several days and I knew approximately when it would hit - I just missed it.

I have 31 and 7/8ths regular cubes and zero nodes on my map showing remaining pieces. I assume it's in a room I haven't entered yet, but I've been playing for hours since my last cube fragment and I'm getting the feeling this last one is intentionally hidden well. F'n bookcase. Been playing around in that room forever.

Obviously I have no clue on deciphering the number system, so any hints on that would be appreciated. I still have the "cube room" with the four treasure maps and the bell to figure out. I've been looking at the number symbols for quite awhile and nothing is clicking (I figured out the damn alphabet while on a break from trying to figure out the numbers).

I also have the riddle relating to the alphabet to figure out - I saw some hints on that above and will see what I can do with those.

This is a pretty needy first post, but I really love this game. Just bummed I can't solve it all on my own.

karmaghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#485  Edited By karmaghost

@DonShulaDoingTheHula: Ok, I'll lend a few pointers if I can. Excuse me if I get a bit verbose, I haven't really had much of an opportunity to discuss the game with anybody since I "beat" it.

First off, you really can't not-know if you're in New Game+; did you select that option from the menu when you "beat" the game the first time? Also:

the game gives you a new ability and tells you how to use it.

Next, when you say "unaccessible rooms," do you only mean you can't get to them or do you also mean that you can't figure them out? I ask because it sounds like the maintenance room you're talking about is what I call the boiler or furnace room. This is accessible from the very first, home area. If this is the room you're talking about, I have two suggestions:

The first is to make sure you've seen everything in that room. It can be easy to overlook things, even when you're rotating/changing perspective. The second is to use your current knowledge of the tetraminos along with information from the classrooms to help figure out, not only what to do in that room, but how the number system works.

I figured out the number system by using a combination of brute force and the information from the world and even then I didn't get it completely right. But right enough, it turns out. I figured out the alphabet after I figured out the number system and was kinda disappointed at how easy it was. The best thing to do for the numbers, in my opinion, is to collect information from the world and

ignore the "counting" artifact. Seriously, don't bother with it and in fact, I think all the artifacts are essentially useless and borderline red-herrings in some cases.

I can't really hint at owl island without giving it away, but there are two ways of accessing the attached room. However, only one of these will make the purple question mark disappear from the map.

Maybe there's a place where you can remember seeing a few owls in familiar locations?

Finally, for now, don't worry about the alphabet puzzle quite yet. I'd focus on the numbers since they're tied to so many different things.

ShadowVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#486  Edited By ShadowVirus

Not sure if this is a spoiler but will hide it just in case.

Quick question, I have 32 cubes and 32 anti-cubes. The only non-golden rooms on my map are the clock tower, observatory, monolith and security code. I'm pretty sure those last 3 rooms give you heart cubes or something for the 64-cube door. But with the clocktower, I've got 3 anti-cubes from it so far, now just need the grey hand to reach 12 to finish that room, but won't that give me an anti-cube and then I'll have 33? Did I glitch the game some how?
    karmaghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487  Edited By karmaghost

@ShadowVirus:

You'll get a fourth cube from the clocktower and this will technically be your 33rd, but as you suspected, the game is glitched. However, I don't recall how or where as I pretty much played this game in a vacuum until the very end.
    Avatar image for donshuladoingthehula
    DonShulaDoingTheHula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karmaghost: Thanks! I figured out that I had unintentionally glitched the owl room awhile back and didn't recognize it when I finally

"assembled the parliament"and opened the rear door. I had accidentally accessed the rear door earlier and turned the room gold. So when I talked to all the owls and they opened the door, there was nothing there for me to do. That confused the heck out of me.

karmaghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489  Edited By karmaghost

@DonShulaDoingTheHula: I did the same thing

KevinK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490  Edited By KevinK

Can somebody give me a hint regarding the four-sized clock? One side is green, one red, one white, etc. I'm NG+, can't seem to figure this one out.

bipolarmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491  Edited By bipolarmike
    verysexypotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492  Edited By verysexypotato

@RoboOh boy, i apologize since i know weve figured this out, but ive tried too hard on my own to just read the answer. I can read/write, but i cant figure out the counting system!

There are 16 possible icons, which lead me to believe it works off of a hexadecimal system. But the "3=3" and "(what i thought was 12) =3" have destroyed my whole theory. Im just curious if it works in hex or not.

And as an aside, the "glitch" that makes platforming obsolete... Did you figure that out from information in the world, or did you stumble upon the commands?

Edit: Well, I guess you can ignore the shit out of this post. I pieced together how to count to 10 and figured out the bell and boiler room puzzles. Now I that I have all 64 cubes, I only have the "Security Riddle" and the "Monolith" puzzle left.

I'm sure this has been talked about already, but I've fallen so far down the rabbit hole. The Fez soundtrack has images in it's visual audio spectrum - I cant do this anymore...

I have to turn my brain off! I don't know if I should continue to wrack my brain over the Security Riddle, or just look it up. I mean, it was found through community help, yes? (I'm starting to justify this decision.)

TrottyVek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#493  Edited By TrottyVek

i don't have a smart phone can somebody help me out with the QR code puzzle(s), don't know if there's more than one

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#494  Edited By bibamatt

Giant Bomb Fez fans! Help! So sorry for digging this thread back up, but I'd love some advice. I don't really want to go googling around for fear of MASSIVE SPOILERS and, hell, it's pretty hard to type into Google where I am/how far I am in the game. Basically, I don't know if I'm on the right track or maybe not getting something or even just lost.

I've just got my third artifact (I now have the number cube, the writing cube and the Tome) and I have 26 cubes (I think) and three anticubes. Just been into the Gameboy style sewers (I remember in some old podcasts it was mentioned that people usually miss the sewers and that that's where you should go if you haven't). I'm just kinda aimlessly wandering the map trying to hoover up any remaining shards/cubes, but more and more are running into 'secrets' that I can't for the life of me work out. I haven't done any deciphering of the obvious alphabet stuff yet. I've had a big think about the letters and the numbers but currently can't work it out and I don't even know if I should be! Is that something I need to worry about now? Or is that a future thing? Also, tetris pieces. Tetris pieces everywheeeere. Don't know if that's a thing.

Basically, should I just be trying to collect more cubes? I've opened the 16 door (I think). Currently at 26 cubes and 3 anticubes. Is my current objective to just find the rest? Or should I be going deeper and trying to do this deciphering? I feel a bit like I might be wasting time just wandering round this bonkers map at the moment, I don't know if I've missed something. Spoiler-free (well, as spoiler free as possible) help much appreciated! Thanks!

Virdamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#495  Edited By Virdamo

Okay guys. I have absolutely NO idea, what this game is about, but I heard of this mistery from tvgrypl and I might know something, that can be useful:

I know, that this game was released on 4/13/2012, which is aniversary of webcomic homestuck and while it can prove nothing, I also know, that on 2012 homestuck has reached peak of popularity back then, so author of this game could possibly be fan or former fan of homestuck. Also in homestuck you have sorta symbolic numbers: 413, 612, 1025 and 1111 with 413 being most important. This piece of information might be useless as well, but since you have no in-game hints about this, it's still going and even experts of this game can't find answer, I think it has to have some out-of-game answer, like something for example related to homestuck. And that's pretty much all i want to say and like I said: this might be useless, but it can be also a key to this mystery.

SkyeMors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496  Edited By SkyeMors

Sorry for the necro, but I'm curious. I've beaten the game a few (dozen) times - I love the soundtrack and visual aesthetic - and just completed a full run in a day or so. That's all 64 cubes, 3 heart cubes, all artifacts, and both endings. BUT. There's one room that I can't seem to find the door to, and according to the map it's attached to the Patternism Puzzle Room (as seen and called such here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=170893761).

Problem is a few things:
    1) I've never seen that room, and on all my playthroughs (previously all on Xbox) I don't recall running into it
    2) The prerequisite room it's supposedly is attached to is gold, meaning no attached doors that haven't been used (also no collectables left)
    3) The room in question is grey, meaning I haven't been there (so not an in-between cell, or a loop placeholder, etc.) even though I've played through the entire thing

Now that I've gotten (209.4% - 00.11:24) I'll be going back and using the Unfinished Dev Code on the heart to make it shatter or whatever, see if that does anything to help.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.