Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VIII

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Feb 11, 1999

In the eighth numbered Final Fantasy title, Squall and his band of mercenaries fight to save their world from conquest and destruction. It introduced several new concepts to the franchise, including a subplot with an alternate main character, level-scaling enemies, and the Junction system.

Why can't I upgrade certain characters weapons?

LostRebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LostRebel

Like I can't get the Cutting Trigger (400) or the Flame Saber (600) for Squall or the Flail (100) & Morning Star (200) for Selphie, but I have 73800 Gil? Why can't I buy them, yet I can buy the Maverick (200) for Zell and the Valkyrie (200) for Rinoa?

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By EuanDewar

Don't you have to have certain materials to make them in addition to the money? Hell I don't fucking know, I played that game like 10 years ago. I should really go to sleep now. Properly.

LostRebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LostRebel
    @EuanDewar: How do you get materials?
    beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By beforet

Da, you need to grind a certain amount of specific items. You can find what you need in the weapon magazine's in game. Couldn't tell you what those weapons need though, haven't played in ages.

Edit: They usually drop from monsters, but they can also be mugged and I guess morphed from other items. You'll need to read a guide to find the specifics experiment.

LostRebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LostRebel
    @Beforet said:

Da, you need to grind a certain amount of specific items. You can find what you need in the weapon magazine's in game. Couldn't tell you what those weapons need though, haven't played in ages.

Edit: They usually drop from monsters, but they can also be mugged and I guess morphed from other items. You'll need to read a guide to find the specifics experiment.

Like what monsters drop what?
    Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By time allen

gotta get dat material

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By gla55jAw

@LostRebel said:

@Beforet said:

Like what monsters drop what?

You're killing me, Smalls...Maybe I'll put together a complete Final Fantasy VIII weapon upgrade guide in the next day or 2. It really depends what part of the game you're at and what locations you can go to. Try that gamefaq first. It might take me a while to put my first guide together and dig through the strategy guide.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.