Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Dec 26, 2013

A collection for PS3, PS4, Vita and PC, containing Final Fantasy X International and Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission featuring HD visuals and a remastered soundtrack.

How is this for beginners?

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Unilad

Hey,

Okay, so I have played Final Fantasy X before - on a PS2 with my cousin (watching).

I really enjoyed it, graphically it was clearly an incredible experience and whilst I can't really remember the voice acting or general dialogue weakness, it looked like a game I would enjoy.

Anyways, so it's around 8 years later, I've tried playing Persona 4 and didn't like it, but always wondered about Final Fantasy X?

Is it an okay point to begin. Clearly, this is not about the story (if there are any continuing threads), but rather about the gameplay and whether I would enjoy it in my down time/daily commute.

Danke,

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

FF X is waaay easier than anything with Shin Megami Tensei written on the box, but yes, this is a pretty good " RPG beginner " game I guess. It's not too complex or hard or anything......The leveling system is definitely not something you'd see in a traditional RPG though.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MegaLombax

I'd say Final Fantasy X is an easy RPG to get into. It mostly follows the traditional RPG format. The battles aren't too hard, it doesn't have a steep learning curve. Go for it.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game isn't easy but the systems in the game are pretty clearly laid out for you which helps. Persona is deceptively complicated so it can be intimidating. I don't think ten has that problem as much . I'd give it a go,

But yes the leveling system is not traditional in anyway.

Something like dragon quest 8 might be a good fit too if what others are saying don't seem interesting to you .

But yea avoid megaten games for your first couple RPGs

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By soldierg654342

I haven't played it in a while, but I can totally get people saying the script and localization don't exactly hold up to today's standards. However, the gameplay is really good. It's challenging, but fairly forgiving. I don't think there are many roadblock bosses that'll halt progress for longer than an hour or two.

I wouldn't really say it's a commuting game though, as it uses save points and is filled with at times lengthy cutscenes.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@unilad:

Final Fantasy games are pretty easy imo in the main quest. They generally do a good job of explaining their systems and X is no exception.

They will often have some really challenging side bosses, but that's totally optional.

re:commuting Not sure how well it does in 30-45 minute chunks , probably ok if you aren't in a dungeon. I don't remember much about the save system from X. I think it had save points like the older ones.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag: dont know if they added more for the remaster but save points are plentiful

rpg dont work well in 30 minute chunks for the most part.

blackichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I remember this game not being very difficult except for a few of the later boss fights. I wont spoil it for anyone, but that Mt Gagazet boss....fuck. After than the game's difficulty spikes a bit, but its still not to bad until Zanarkand's boss, which made me want to throw a controller.

EdgeKasey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently going thru it, as others have said there are plenty of save points. But I wouldn't recommend it for a short commute tho because some parts you can skip dialogue and others you can't....Iunno....an rpg and a commute to me don't mix i think. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.