Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Brad! Where's the FF13 review?

• 76 results
    BomberDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By BomberDude
    @Rockdalf said:
    " I estimate 4 stars for solid game play you have to dig through to get to.  Time will tell though.  I would hardly call this a three star game myself. "
    In the podcast however, Brad didn't seem too keen on the game at all.
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By Addfwyn

He's grinding in Chapter 11, obviously wants a platinum before he writes a review.

Expect a review sometime near the release of FFXV 

Seriously though, I'd expect probably 4 stars.  While a JRPG fan could see it being worth 5 stars (I would) they don't review for specific fans, and I think 4 stars is fair for the community as a whole.  I'd say that's true for just about every Final Fantasy though.  I've never recommended one of them unconditionally, even though I have loved every one of them.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Vorbis
    @Addfwyn: Abit off topic, but is it possible to still get a platinum without doing everything in CH11 at first? I only did the D missions and most of C before moving onto CH12 but plan on returning later. Keeping a save on gran pulse just incase.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#54  Edited By damswedon
    @Deusoma said:
    " I bet he's stuck at the challenge level near the end where Lightning has to kill all the demons in one continuous combo. "
    Hahahaha
    god i hope your kidding
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#55  Edited By jeff

We got the game the day before it was released and devoted all of our resources to GDC last week. 

In other words, it'll be done when it's done.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By sjupp

I want more delicious GDC news :C

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By TwoOneFive

i really hate when people make these threads. they should just be locked immediately. somebody makes one for practically every game.  

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By CL60
    @EpicReflex said:
    " I feel sorry for Brad, having to endure this game for its entirety.  2 stars and walk away. "
    You be trollin'
    callumbay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By callumbay

I don't think they got it that much earlier than the actual release date... and GDC was last week. Plus it's a very long game, I haven't completed it myself yet :o

Moridin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By Moridin
    @Jeff said:
    " We got the game the day before it was released and devoted all of our resources to GDC last week.  In other words, it'll be done when it's done. "
    Oh, cool. I wasn't even expecting one. Haha.
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#61  Edited By Addfwyn
    @Vorbis:  
    Short answer, yes.  You can keep a post-game save and work on stuff then. 
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By TheHBK

I am guessing he will give it two stars.  One star if the game didn't look good.  Of course I would give it 1 star for those grass textures.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#63  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

I'm honestly surprised they're persisting with this review. I love Brad and all and I deeply respect the opinions of the editors on this site; however, Giant Bomb has never been the greatest site when it comes to JRPG coverage and their inclusion of a review only seems to stem from how major of a release it is rather than personal interest. While I recognize Brad has a storied history with the franchise, I'd rather he take his sweet time like he did with Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story; most reviewers' (and gamers') frustrations usually come from an odd obligation to rush through the game.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#64  Edited By matthew
    @Jeff said:
    "In other words, it'll be done when it's done. "
    OH DAYYUM SON!!  JEFF JUST PULLED A ZELDA/FINAL FANTASY ON YO ASS! 

Yea, as a couple of you have mentioned, even that Jeff guy up there, they got the game just before release, in what might be a move to control word of mouth/the hype machine that a game of this magnitude has a tendency to propagate.  And as far as how far the sight has gone for JRPGS . . . Valkyria Chronicles,  White Knight Chronicles, Persona 4, Final Fantasy XIII . . . you're right, this site isn't the biggest place for covering that genre.  Good thing there's that url bar up there!
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#65  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Matthew: Ah but the problem with that url bar is it doesn't lead me to many other respectable sites that use GB's amazing 5 star rating scale with no room for those dirty decimals.
    EpicReflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By EpicReflex
    @CL60 said:

" @EpicReflex said:

" I feel sorry for Brad, having to endure this game for its entirety.  2 stars and walk away. "
    You be trollin' "
     Not at all, i'm an avid FF fan but XIII is fundamentally flawed in almost every aspect. It's a bad game propelled only by its production values and the FF brand name.
    Lambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Lambert

They have better games to play really.

Plus, he is probably trying to get through the 20 hours of bullshit in the beginning.

Are you Final Fantasy fanboys sure you want a review? He is going to give this crappy game what it deserves -- a 2/5 (the two is for the graphics).

ErisRon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ErisRon
    @TwoOneFive said:

" i really hate when people make these threads. they should just be locked immediately. somebody makes one for practically every game.   "

Dude, you don't have to be hostile. You need to understand that some people check out video game sites mainly for reviews while others just Google the latest news about gaming. Personally, I greatly enjoy reading GB reviews and their other writeups (even the video reviews).  And some others...simply check out reviews for their ratings. I find GB reviews more engaging compared to the competition, I like how the words are put together (the choice of words, etc), l like how the reviews have an honest assertion and spot-on feel to it (i.e. GTAIV review). 

It's not my wish to make a definitive stand. I started the thread to unearth some more facts as to why a review (for a game that's big and anticipated) becomes really late. There's probably lack of manpower reason why such things happen; I see Vinny posting videos for Tested.com (which is great) so obviously the guys are busy. I'm just wanting a heads up why the FF13 review is not up yet as I am roused to know what GBs take on it would be.

Please respect other people's opinions and viewpoints. We cannot be right all the time. We never have to sound high and mighty, know-it-all and absolute being to others. I believe in humility and a genuine desire to listen rather than talk.  
    SteveVice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SteveVice

Hey....they put Brad on the case of a mildly difficult game that ticks in at about 50 hours....it won't happen this year.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70  Edited By Karmum

GDC and it's Final Fantasy. Especially if they didn't get a review copy...

It takes time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ErisRon said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:

" i really hate when people make these threads. they should just be locked immediately. somebody makes one for practically every game.   "

Dude, you don't have to be hostile. You need to understand that some people check out video game sites mainly for reviews while others just Google the latest news about gaming."
    Well, GB is completely unreliable when it comes to reviews. Sometimes they pop up unannounced, sometimes everyone expects a review that never shows up. Remember the Demon's Souls review? You should read it.
    SteveVice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By SteveVice
    @atomic_dumpling: Giant Bomb isn't the site for early reviews dude. It's not their priority, you obviously don't know this site. It's about original content. Reviews aren't top priority.
    ErisRon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ErisRon
    @atomic_dumpling said:
    " @ErisRon said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:

Dude, you don't have to be hostile. You need to understand that some people check out video game sites mainly for reviews while others just Google the latest news about gaming."
    Well, GB is completely unreliable when it comes to reviews. Sometimes they pop up unannounced, sometimes everyone expects a review that never shows up. Remember the Demon's Souls review? You should read it. "
    Exactly what I'm talking about.
    ErisRon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ErisRon
    @SteveVice said:

" @atomic_dumpling: Giant Bomb isn't the site for early reviews dude. It's not their priority, you obviously don't know this site. It's about original content. Reviews aren't top priority. "

I know too.  Similarly, this is the only site I check out even before I signed up mainly because of the crew. I too know reviews aren't top priority here. Here's hoping that would change. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SteveVice said:

" @atomic_dumpling: Giant Bomb isn't the site for early reviews dude. It's not their priority, you obviously don't know this site. It's about original content. Reviews aren't top priority. "

I have never said that I am here for reviews. Duder, you got the wrong man.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I just hope Brad has something nice to say about it. on the Bombcast.  I doubt it ever gets reviewed.

If you could somehow start the game after the Vile Peaks, I almost think it's something Ryan would like, because even though he hates RPGs, he does like good ole Japanese insanity.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.