Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

If you could make FFXIII PS3 exclusive would you?

• 83 results
    Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Alphiehyr

I couldn't care less because they started developing for the PS3 version first. It was believed to be almost done before they started the 360 version. However, if they scaled the data to be "equal" to 360, that's a different story and I would've voted yes.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By animateria

W...why?

manu7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By manu7

I would but only if it's releasing in two weeks

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Just to be a prick, yeah probably.

Aounslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Aounslaught
    @Hitchenson said:
    " You've got to be utterly sad as fuck to say yes. Although I couldn't care less, I've got about as much interest in playing a JRPG as I have throwing myself off the top of a bridge. "
    Took the words right out of my mouth, good sir. On both accounts.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Turambar

Yes, because I think I'm entitled to be a dick once in a while.

Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Nemesis

Wow, PS3 fanboys are pathetic. Why wouldn't you want more people to have access to the game? It is total crap anyways. If people want their RPG fix, I would recommend Demon Souls instead of this insult of a game.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ryanwho

No, its always good when more people are able to play something. But as usual, the "real hardcore" are getting louder and louder because they're less and less relevant. They should probably be ignored wholesale at this point, they represent so little of the market sum.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By demontium
    @L4wz: There are more Xbox users here. 

SO the natural answer would be no, which is what I chose. 

I want PS3 to have exclusives, and it basically is since Square is releasing the lesser version (360) later. 

But on the other hand I know it will sell more multiplat, and thus I say No.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#60  Edited By Jeust
    @iAmJohn said:
    " Who fucking cares?  Whether or not it comes to 360 doesn't change the fact that I will play it on PS3, if I play it at all (which is doubtful). "
    Really who cares about making it exclusive or not, besides the console manufacturers?
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ryanwho
    @Darkstar614 said:
    " "Oh no we have to stop him! He's going to kill us all, use the secret power of-"   PLEASE INSERT DISC 6 "
    That's right. You'll have to get up 6 whole times in the span of 55 hours, fatty. Boohoo.
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#62  Edited By beargirl1

No. 

Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Manatassi

Since I have both consoles and plan on getting the 360 version for the Achievements I should probably say no.  

Actually thats a lie I couldn't care less, I cant see me buying it unless it does something dramatically different from the rest of the JRPG stock. Which it might and if it does don't get me wrong I'm open to getting the game. I have just been burnt too many times recently by JRPG's being the same old same old rehash. 

Tales of Vesperia has been the only exception for me over the last 4 years. And that wasn't even that big a change from previous Tales games. 

I guess thats just my opinion on it. If the PS3 version of FFXIII turns out to be a better version of a great game then I would get that, otherwise the genre has lost interest for me.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#64  Edited By gla55jAw

If you bought your PS3 specifically for this, then you should have waited. It's better that it's on both, it will sell more.
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Coombs

Considering I dont own a PS3,
    Yes I would make it PS3 exclusive, Because I have no interest in playing it anyway

kotetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By kotetsu
    @rjayb89 said:
    " I don't care.  As long as more people are exposed to it, good for all involved. "
    Agreed.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @Darkstar614 said:

" "Oh no we have to stop him! He's going to kill us all, use the secret power of-"   PLEASE INSERT DISC 6 "

The game has three discs, and the swap points are at specific points through-out, they're not going to be mid dialogue or anywhere else inappropriate, much the same as Final Fantasy VII.  Did it ruin that game?

@demontium said:

" @L4wz: There are more Xbox users here.  SO the natural answer would be no, which is what I chose.  I want PS3 to have exclusives, and it basically is since Square is releasing the lesser version (360) later.  But on the other hand I know it will sell more multiplat, and thus I say No. "

Unless you're talking about the Japanese version.. the games are coming out at the same time.
    And besides having compressed audio, I doubt there will be any differences between the two.  Certainly wouldn't be calling it a "lesser" version.

If that were the case we could refer to the PS3 versions of Fallout 3, Oblivion, Dragon Age, GTA IV, etc, as the "inferior version".  But what does that accomplish, besides fanboy arguements?  Besides a few very minor differences, they're the same games.
    canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By canucks23

don't care, i personally wouldn't go near a jrpg regardless of the platform it's on.

joshy9411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By joshy9411

anyone saying yes is obviously part of sony's corporate army and is trying to make sony the number 1 super power in the world! go eat some more souls you corporate bastards!
    Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#70  Edited By Darkstar614
    @WinterSnowblind: Yeah I was being pretty sarcastic... I don't have any real beef with the 360 version, just trying to be funny. From what I've seen though, the characters seem to have less polygons on the 360 version (maybe I'm just crazy) in addition to having compressed audio.

The people who are big FF fans are most probably going to get the ps3 version if it fits their budget (ie. don't have to go out and buy a ps3). And those interested enough in FF and that own a 360 and not a ps3 (a lot of people) are going to get the 360 version.

I, for one, don't currently have either system because I'm broke!
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#71  Edited By frankxiv

i only own a ps3 and voted no. eat shit stereotypes

Swaboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Swaboo

No cuz i want to see the xbox 360 packaging. 

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @Swaboo said:
    " No cuz i want to see the xbox 360 packaging. 
    No Caption Provided
    "
    Hate to disappoint you, but like was already stated:  the 360 version has three discs.  They all fit into one box.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74  Edited By demontium
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " @Darkstar614 said:

The game has three discs, and the swap points are at specific points through-out, they're not going to be mid dialogue or anywhere else inappropriate, much the same as Final Fantasy VII.  Did it ruin that game?

@demontium said:

" @L4wz: There are more Xbox users here.  SO the natural answer would be no, which is what I chose.  I want PS3 to have exclusives, and it basically is since Square is releasing the lesser version (360) later.  But on the other hand I know it will sell more multiplat, and thus I say No. "

Unless you're talking about the Japanese version.. the games are coming out at the same time. And besides having compressed audio, I doubt there will be any differences between the two.  Certainly wouldn't be calling it a "lesser" version.  If that were the case we could refer to the PS3 versions of Fallout 3, Oblivion, Dragon Age, GTA IV, etc, as the "inferior version".  But what does that accomplish, besides fanboy arguements?  Besides a few very minor differences, they're the same games. "
    Obviously the Jap version. 

Yes you are completely right, some games are better on the 360 (aka WRPGs and western games generally), and others on the PS3 (aka games aimed towards japanese audiences). 

For now, the PS3 version for Final Fantasy looks much better from a graphical view.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By c1337us

If it was within my ability hell yes depending on the sum of money involved required to bribe me. 

I actually really don't care.

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Quacktastic

Depends on the final product.
    I'd think a game needs to be designed differently with disc swapping in mind.  Either you are switching DVDs constantly or previous areas of the game are blocked off or never used again.  If the original version is altered to not be a burden on 360 gamers, then I'd rather it just stay on a BR and not be changed.  If it isn't changed then no one should care.
    I'm reading the game is really linear, split into chapters and that there is no over world.  This sounds perfect for for disc swappers; though, that makes me wonder which came first.

I could be totally wrong though and most of the games data could be used in cut scenes and not different area textures - thats how it was in PS1 days but you'd think the ratio of cg to the rest of a games file size has changed a lot in ten years.

Can't really say either way until I play it.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By CL60

Unrelated here, but it has to do with multiple discs... with MGS4, that joke in the game about switching discs, is it funny to anybody else that if the game were multi-plat, the places where the 360 would need to have changed discs would have probably been at the same places the PS3 version would need to install? So in-turn....people think...

5-10 minute install > 5-10 second disc swap

Anyways. If I could make it a PS3 exclusive, no I would not. Because what is the point really? Why not just let everybody play it?

DrainDeimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By DrainDeimo

I personally only own a PS3 right now. I'm glad that Final Fantasy is multi-platform. It mean more people will play it and ultimately more money for the developers.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79  Edited By m1k3

After hearing how a lot of people are hating FFXIII for being too linear, it gives me hope that SquEnix put their man power in developing VersusXIII. I really want to see more on this game.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Dan_CiTi

How could you say no?

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By weltal

Nope. Games are important, not their platform.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care much about the game, but anyone who would want to restrict a presumably high-quality game to one system is foolish.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Fallen189

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.