Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fortnite

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jul 25, 2017

Originally a co-operative looter shooter from the studios behind Unreal Tournament and Gears of War, Fortnite became one of the most successful PvP "battle royale" games and later became its own platform for several types of games.

Anyone still playing ? Marvel Season just started

Maxx2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I've dabbled with Fortnite before a little bit and now my son (5yo) started watching local kid friendly streamer playing Fortnite, so I started playing too as he enjoys watching it.

And at a perfect time as Marvel season just started and he's a big fan (and so am I). It seems Fortnite has become even more accessible than it was before with so many missions and things to do that if you don't feel like going for survival, there are other things you can concentrate on.

Matchmaking seems to work ok as I'm doing quite well even with playing on a Switch, though I've only played solo so far as other modes are way anxiety inducing to me :D

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't know how Fortnite works with other properties, so I don't know how the Marvell stuff fits in here. But is this supposed to prime the pump for the Avengers game or something?

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ry_ry: That's possible, but they do Marvel and DC all the time. Aquaman was in the battle pass like 2 months ago and Deadpool the one before him. This one being all Marvel is unusual.

Fortnite is nice, dumb fun. I play it a couple times a week since it's the only game my GF plays.

Maxx2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Maxx2029

@ry_ry Aquaman thing just ended, I got into Fortnite with like two days left for his season :D so I had to grind it fast, luckily there was only few missions to get him and his second skin.

But the Marvel stuff that stays is just cosmetic stuff, like character skins, weapon skins, music and so on.

During the season there are Marvel flavored missions like with Thor skin on you'll have to find and pick up Mjolnir, then do damage with it and so on. To get Wolverine skin the missions start with finding claw marks on the map.

Currently the start area is S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier and map has stuff like broken Sentinel on it.

And there at least promises to be some sort of head to head with Galactus as some point.

GameRoulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got into Fortnite starting with Chapter 2, Season 2 (a.k.a. the start of COVID). As an ex-WoW player, the feedback loop of "do challenges, unlock cosmetics" was pretty familiar to me. Fortnite additionally seems to be a little less of a life vampire, although keeping up on the battle pass can easily become a daily chore.

I didn't really plan on buying the Season 4 battle pass, but when they went all in on cool Marvel skins I re-upped. The game is well-made. It reminds me a little of UT99. You don't have to learn a whole bunch of different classes/characters -- every "character" plays the same. The high-end game is a bit off-putting with its speed wizard architects, but I still have fun doing dumb dad gamer things and placing somewhere in the top 10-20 almost every match.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.