• 183 results
TAFAE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@wjb said:

I don't get this "5 is too much" since the Bombcast had five people for years without much problem, and back then, all five (Ryan, Jeff, Brad, Vinny, and Patrick) spoke ALL THE TIME.

This totally isn't true! Go back and listen to some of those, Brad is basically falling asleep or on his phone a lot of the time. He's much better as a host, but they will have too many people to keep everyone engaged if they just put every cool person they can find on the show. I even remember forum threads about how good the 4-man casts were whenever someone was out that day! I love all of the new-found Jason perspective, but I want a 4-man cast with rotating crew. Either that or go all the way crazy and make a second podcast and constantly shuffle the lineups around.

gamergutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This was my first impression, but i think i like him more than Patrick (and I think Patrick is a cool kid btw)

As awesome as Jason is I actually don't like him very much on video/on the podcast. He's kind of dry to me and doesn't have the personality of a Dan/Jeff/Ryan/Vinny/Brad etc.

I do like his input on fighting games however.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3
deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to add Jason for his knowledge on anime and fighting games, which are among my favourite things and something I think the current BombCast crew currently lacks.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

If nothing else, I think Bombin' in the AM could work with one or two more regulars, making it even more of the mini-bombcast it already kinda is.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason's great, and I'm totally fine with 5-man podcasts. If we were in a situation where it's gotta be 4 though, Jason's the one I'd cut.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By wjb

@tafae said:

@wjb said:

I don't get this "5 is too much" since the Bombcast had five people for years without much problem, and back then, all five (Ryan, Jeff, Brad, Vinny, and Patrick) spoke ALL THE TIME.

This totally isn't true! Go back and listen to some of those, Brad is basically falling asleep or on his phone a lot of the time. He's much better as a host, but they will have too many people to keep everyone engaged if they just put every cool person they can find on the show. I even remember forum threads about how good the 4-man casts were whenever someone was out that day! I love all of the new-found Jason perspective, but I want a 4-man cast with rotating crew. Either that or go all the way crazy and make a second podcast and constantly shuffle the lineups around.

I'll agree with Brad not contributing at times, but I still think he contributed enough and the podcast didn't implode.

Regardless, the Bombcast had a lot of people who were older and more knowledgeable about the industry than it does now. Even Patrick, despite being younger and unpopular with some fans, surprised me about the stuff he knew. Plus, he was the news guy and took center stage whenever they got to that point of the podcast.

I love Drew, but it's never been a secret that he only knows so much. I enjoy listening to the crazy stuff he does in his life, but it seems like he takes a backseat whenever they move past the introductory "What's been going on?" segment. Same with Dan sometimes. I like him and his bat-shit logic, but I'm a little disappointed with his lack of knowledge about certain aspects on video game history, and he's two years younger than me.

The point I was making was that Brad and Jeff kind of take over the show at some points, so why not have one more person to help with the discussion? It's not "too many cooks in the kitchen;" it's like a head chef, a sous-chef, and a couple of kitchen hands or porters.

Besides, I can understand 7-8 people being too much, but again, I don't understand why a 5th person would ruin the dynamic. I'd rather have Jason fill in the holes about stuff the other four know little about than "fuck up some unofficial formula" that certain people think it's important.

eXists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

Sad? Truth = Bombin the AM > Bombcast

Note: Keep Jeff & Brad and add a guest occasionally, pls get rid of the rest, they all suck!

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Jason's "do you think love can bloom on a battlefield?" story on the charity stream was amazing. I'd just be happy to hear more from him - doesn't have to be weekly on the bombcast necessarily - just more.

Give Jason.

Press X to Jason.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#109  Edited By Blackout62

Drew, Danny, Rorie, Brad! It won't be outrageous. There won't be any talk of wrestling. It will alienate some viewers with how worldly and educated the conversation can get and at the highest point of this podcast they will finally talk Kentucky Route Zero. It will be glorious.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, some people are being fairly rude in here. Stating an opinion is fine but some people are not doing so in a way that doesn't make them look like a giant asshole (most are being fine though).

Jason and the rest are great. I enjoy the Bombcast. While I wouldn't mind Jason to be a regular member, I have faith that Giant Bomb knows what is best.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's way too quiet to be a regular. The first Bombcast he was on (after his "you've been hired" episode), he barely talked. If he's going to be on it more often, he needs to talk more, plain and simple.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By penguindust

I like Jason on the Bombcast, but I don't see why they can't continue to have him, Drew, Dan, Rorie and whoever else is available on a weekly basis. Brad and Jeff are the rocks to anchor the show, but sliding in and out the others keeps it fresh. 4 is a good number, keep the number of participants at that, too.

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree. I like Jason on the podcast too.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Totally! Jason's great and is good about not talking over people.

Also, more Rorie when he has time would be great. I've really enjoyed the Bombcasts he's on

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3
deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's way too quiet to be a regular. The first Bombcast he was on (after his "you've been hired" episode), he barely talked. If he's going to be on it more often, he needs to talk more, plain and simple.

You can't blame him for that since he's still adjusting to the workplace. Drew was like that too when he started becoming a regular.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

@babychoochoo said:

@fattony12000 said:

Jason and Lisa should have their own podcast to add to the Giant Bomb Family of Podcasts.

Fucking thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis.

But yeah, I would totally be down for a Jason and Lisa podcast.

i know right

One A. Striker is not enough now we've encountered them as a team.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#117  Edited By asmo917

I have greatly enjoyed Jason on the Bombcast and would love it if he and Rorie could alternate or rotate the fifth chair position. Not because I only want one of those two, but because they are busy dudes! I think more voices are always welcome and five or even six people isn't too unwieldy, but someone needs to keep the site's lights on.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

More Jason in general would be cool. Rorie too.

TyrellOCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes to more Jason. Greater variety of games being discussed = greater podcast.

The Fantasia QL was when Jason truly arrived at GB. That and the dejected "Nobody can here me right now" VO.

matmaelstrom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree, more Jason in videos or podcasts would be great!

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. I love the guy, but that's all up to him. I'm sure he's got plenty of work already.

Either way, I'd be cool with it.

goreyfantod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lassieme said:
@bacongames said:

I fully support the idea that Jason and Lisa should have a podcast on the site. There's a clever name in there and it just needs fishing out.

And for the Bombcast, I'll take Jason's perspective and reasonable approach over Dan's crazy nonsense any day. Especially now that we have context for Lisa and their relationship.

That would also reduce the amount of wrestling talk on the podcast, which I'm all for.

Yes, yes and a hearty hell, yes!

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

If it's feasible for him and the rest of the team I would love to see Jason appear on the bombcast more often. I'm somewhere in the middle on the "5 is too many for a podcast to work", as I've seen it work fine before. It really just depends on the cast and chemistry between them. Regardless I hope he makes more appearances outside the few times when someones sick or on vacation (Same goes for Rorie!)

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about they download Skype and call Vinny?

mackgyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Both Dan and Jason are great but I would have to lean more towards Dan. He seems more lively and vibes better with the rest of the team in terms of laughs than Jason.

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Corwag

If a fifth were to be added my vote goes to Rorie. If a sixth were to be added my vote goes to O'Dwyer. If a seventh were to be added my vote goes to cool baby. 3 weeks is/was enough Jason for me.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onlykris said:

@likeassur said:

You can't blame him for that since he's still adjusting to the workplace. Drew was like that too when he started becoming a regular.

Drew was thrown into it because Ryan had just passed away and Patrick had just moved, so of course he was quiet; it wasn't like he had time to prepare nor was it the best circumstances that he was added in. Jason is not in that situation at all. Ergo, the two are incomparable.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Belegorm

I definitely would like to hear Jason more on the bombcast, but I feel like I can't mention that without also mentioning how I'd like to hear Rorie on the bombast more frequently, even more.

Avatar image for deactivated-5914f5c50a1c5
deactivated-5914f5c50a1c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh, the dude's primary job isn't to be personality. If he has other shit to do, then I'm fine with him not being on the Bombcast.

Also, I really don't intend to offend anyone, but I'm alright with Rorie staying off the Bombcast. I don't find him as entertaining and I don't think he can carry conversations as well as the others. But that's just, like, my opinion, man. I certainly won't stop listening if he becomes a mainstay.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By damodar

They'll probably add him in eventually; He's just getting used to the new office.

Ok but serious answer though, they should do whatever they see fit in regards to the bombcast and all that, but I would like to also put my vote out there as somebody who would enjoy Jason being more visible in the content if he has interest/time etc.

Maybe what they need to do is hire a production person who is a real piece of shit, because if they all have great personalities, you end up with this endless recursion. Vinny's great, somebody get him out of the control room! Ok now Drew is filling in. But Drew is great, get him on camera! And so it goes!

crcruz3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason is great.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look, I like Jason, but I'm gonna have to cast my vote for no. He's a cool guy and all, but his personality is nowhere near as big as the other guys on the Bombcast, which is fine, because he wasn't hired to be in front of the camera. I understand the impulse to be like "Oh, he was hired by GB so of course he belongs on the Bombcast!" But they brought him on to do behind-the-scenes stuff.

As this site grows, and it is growing, they're gonna need to hire more people. They can't all be front-and-center. I would honestly be much happier if they had more regular guest appearances to fill the fifth chair. O'Dwyer, Mary, Ty, Samantha, Brad Muir, etc. are always super interesting to listen to/watch and have great chemistry with the Bomb Crew.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"X"

Signed. Bombcast needs Jason.

Biddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Signed.

vocalcannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since there's lots of varied talk going on in here, I'm just going to put in my two cents as well.

I like really Jason! I don't like that he will occasionally pop into a discussion to say things like "don't be a pussy" or "bitching about [blank]". People have different vocabularies and that's cool, but it strikes me as odd that he says stuff like that pretty regularly when it's language that I'm not sure would be allowed on the forums.

I'm not a language prude by any means -- seriously -- and it's different when gendered slurs are being reclaimed (even if I don't do that myself anymore), but it still kind of makes my skin crawl.

aznxchunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want jason to stay on the cast. He talks about games that the others just ignore/dismiss like valkyria chronicles or freedom wars.

Zamolxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there would be too many people

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#138  Edited By carlthenimrod

I like Jason as others have posted.

They just need to rotate so people have more to talk about.

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Joshakazam

My dream world is a land where they can have a guest spot every week and rotate between rorie/jason/danny or others, and extend the podcast length to >3 hours so there's time to go through everyone. Of course I understand the issues with that and why it's probably not gonna happen, but a man can dream, can't he ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5914f5c50a1c5
deactivated-5914f5c50a1c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vocalcannibal: Does your skin really crawl when someone says "don't be a dick"? I doubt it. What the guy says is fine, as long as it isn't outright belittling a large group of people, and I really don't think you are by simply using the word pussy or bitch. There's a lot of shit the crew says on camera or the Bombcast that can't be said on the forums, also. That's just the way it is.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

DeadPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By DeadPan

Keep him on ahead of Dan

Or rotate every week.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#144  Edited By viking_funeral

The old 5 man Bombcasts were fine. I don't get that complaint. Jason seems alright. The Bombcast could definitely do with a better variety of personalities right now.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Maybe its the fact English is not my main language, but I had a really hard time distinguishing Jason's voice with Dan's voice... This time it worked because Dan wasn't there, but I think I would be a hell of a lot confused if they coexisted in one podcast.

OT: I liked Jason on the podcast, but I completely agree with those that think maybe there are too many people (except on special occasions like E3 or GOTY)... I think Jason is a good addition when there are short of people. I don't know, maybe its because he is newer to it and didn't have so much to talk about, but I don't know what new perspective he can bring to the table.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By ripelivejam

More rorie would be great. I always love his change to articulate gamersman on the bombcast vs his somewhat goofy, aloof, and uncouth on camera appearances.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Jason's a super cool dude. Would love to hear his opinions every week.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@onlykris said:

Drew was thrown into it because Ryan had just passed away and Patrick had just moved, so of course he was quiet; it wasn't like he had time to prepare nor was it the best circumstances that he was added in. Jason is not in that situation at all. Ergo, the two are incomparable.

It's not like 2013 was Drew's first appearance. He sat in on podcasts way back when as a fill-in, and was extremely quiet and soft-spoken -- quieter than Jason even, for sure. This was true for many subsequent Quick Looks and such too. Drew got more comfortable the more he did it. He was already becoming a regular even before last year's tragedy. Of course, being forced into one of the permanent chairs forced him to grow even faster. And damn if he didn't rise to it!

Anyway, just saying you can compare the two, because Drew did the fill-in seat dance too.

Jellybones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5-man Bombcast has worked before, it can work again.

On a not entirely unrelated note, Jason seems like the nicest guy on the planet.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason's awesome and I will sign this petition.