Keep Jason on the bombcast petition

• 183 results
Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

GotY demands at least 15 people on it to be fair and balanced.

minimum

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

remember jason's actual job is production so id ratehr him doing that and making videos most of the time then being on the podcast.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Yep, Jason gets really deep into games and provides a ton of knowledge on stuff (both past and current).

There's room for two video editors! Imagine how much we'd be missing out on if Drew stayed behind the scenes?

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

remember jason's actual job is production so id ratehr him doing that and making videos most of the time then being on the podcast.

That was also Vinny's job when he was out in San Fran and it's currently Drew's job too. I'd love to hear more Jason on the podcast. I don't think five is too many but if it is then do rotation. Another podcast I listen to have about 7 different people on staff who will be in the podcast and they just rotate them around week by week.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can say the same for Drew, though. Years ago, Vinny was just some production guy behind the scenes at Gamespot for On the Spot.

triplestan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By triplestan

I don't think 5 is too much (I mean that was already the number of people on the podcast for a long time), and honestly they're going to do what they want regardless of whether we endorse it or not. From the extremely brief chat they had about it on this week's episode I think Jason is here to stay.

I could be completely wrong about that though, wouldn't be the first time.

In regards to my personal opinion, I'm all for it. It does seem like he and Dan take a back seat to Jeff and Brad, which is a real shame, but I think more time on the podcast will alleviate that.

Tiny1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am all for keeping Jason on the podcast. He seems like a cool guy that has a different perspective on games than the rest of the crew. I don't think 5 is too many especially since it's not the first time they have gone with a 5 man podcast.

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im all for having Jason over Drew on the bombcast, with Drew and Rorie alternating guest appearing now and again.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

They should rotate Dan and Jason week to week. I want Jason to stay on but I also think it works best as a 4-man show.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

It's a shame that Vinny guy disappeared from podcasting. I quite liked him.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I fully support the idea that Jason and Lisa should have a podcast on the site. There's a clever name in there and it just needs fishing out.

And for the Bombcast, I'll take Jason's perspective and reasonable approach over Dan's crazy nonsense any day. Especially now that we have context for Lisa and their relationship.

LassieME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I fully support the idea that Jason and Lisa should have a podcast on the site. There's a clever name in there and it just needs fishing out.

And for the Bombcast, I'll take Jason's perspective and reasonable approach over Dan's crazy nonsense any day. Especially now that we have context for Lisa and their relationship.

That would also reduce the amount of wrestling talk on the podcast, which I'm all for.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is what I thought about after the latest Bombcast.

He plays different games from the rest of the crew. Things that they would never play. That's something I'd like to see more of on the bombcast.

Also he watches anime and nobody talks shit to his face about it.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65  Edited By Shortbreadtom

More Jason everywhere, forever.

Let's just strap a Go Pro to his head and livestream his whole life.

Dew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Bombcast has had 5 people before and it worked out just fine. Jason has been great on the podcast and I would love to seem him as a regular.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ripelivejam
soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

more Jason in my everything, even in my cornflakes !

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the very least, he should be on when talking about fighting games. EVO coverage was terrible since no one else watched it.

Avatar image for obsidiangrvmind
Obsidiangrvmind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason....Oestreicher....in the coffee?

joey2683

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason is great. Petitions are not.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

More Striker more Rorie. Both of them are chill and have different areas of expertise/interest than the other guys so it's always good to get that perspective.

MadScientist18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm all for this...having Jason on the show mixes things up a bit.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By phantomzxro

I dig it, like the mix of a cooler head in the bomb crew now that brad is host. Also yeah the open minded opinion on games is great which is missed from drew and vinny.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason mentioned a meeting with Vinny recently, and I realized that it seems like they've never spoken. My proposition:

A Bombcast with Jeff, Brad, Dan, and a revolving 4th based on games they'd know about (Alex, Patrick, Rorie). Current format, talk about the bigger releases they may be reviewing.

A shorter sister podcast with the video crew. Drew, Vinny, Jason. About life as a video man with the usual game/life talk. These guys usually check out games the others don't follow. Simulators, fighters, Witchers. The deep cuts.

I dunno, unify the brands. Too many good personalities to keep some hidden.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

Jason mentioned a meeting with Vinny recently, and I realized that it seems like they've never spoken. My proposition:

A Bombcast with Jeff, Brad, Dan, and a revolving 4th based on games they'd know about (Alex, Patrick, Rorie). Current format, talk about the bigger releases they may be reviewing.

A shorter sister podcast with the video crew. Drew, Vinny, Jason. About life as a video man with the usual game/life talk. These guys usually check out games the others don't follow. Simulators, fighters, Witchers. The deep cuts.

I dunno, unify the brands. Too many good personalities to keep some hidden.

I don't like that idea, since the other podcast would have to be over VOIP or w/e. We don't need a second podcast, since we have the Bombcast and Bombin the AM. The only problem is that Vinny is in neither of those.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcfart: I figure a second podcast is inevitable. Alex and Vinny discussed it and I'm sure it's in the cards in some form.

My idea won't happen, of course, but I do hope they do more stuff that involves the offices interacting.

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'll sign good sir

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@bucketdeth said:

@justkamtoo said:

@bradbrains said:

no. enough people already. 4 is more then enough. nothing against Jason.

Fuck it, remove someone then, I think Jason is great.

jason is great. but there is no one to remove and too many cooks in the kitchen. more people mean the current members even get less time to talk about what they want.

I dont mind him every once and while though. just like rorie its a fun change when someone else is sick or gone or whatever.

New petition to get Jason onto the Bombcast and lock BradBrains in a closet where his divisive opinion cannot be heard!

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Signed, Jason is great and seems to enjoy different games to the rest of the crew so I'm onboard.

thebrainninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, obviously I'm in favor of whatever best suits their workflow, whether that's Drew/Jason working on video stuff or EVERYONE ON THE PODCAST, but I would absolutely love to see Jason in more things. Production dudes have a cool/different perspective from editors, and I love seeing that represented. Also Jason is cool and good at video games and I like his voice.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I guess Vinny and Drew shouldn't have been on it either then.

Y'all crazy to say 5 people is too much. Don't really agree, would love for Jason to be on. Plus, he seems to play some different games, which is good.

It's almost like they forget the podcast DID have 5 people at one time and was awesome.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

Maybe put him on Giant Vinnycast ?

kieran_smith5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I'd like to see a rotating seat.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#86  Edited By monkeyking1969

I trust GB to do what needs to be done, I trust Jeff know what to do ....

FOR...ultimately, I do believe Jeff has a plan for us & GB. In some obscure text, Jeff says to a prophet( or was it an intern), “For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Doesn't say anything about what games to play or where you put your Extra Life Money or what you should do on XBL Chat. Jeff wants you to thrive, to have hope....to have a future with GB. Jeff has given each of us the gifts necessary to live a life of Dubstep, games on Friday nights, and reviews of some 'really dodgy games. And then Jeff places before us the choices of how we can do that content - to watch or not as we will. When we game we choose: life or death, DLC, or 'In-game-codes'. Can you still serve Jeff as a lazy duder a GB? Sure. Can you still honor Jeff in commenting on every Quicklook? You bet. I believe Jeff is less concerned with what we do and more concerned with how we do it: with grace, with integrity, with love, each day becoming more and more like Patrick, Alex, Vinny, Drew, Brad or Dan. Ah! Striving to become more like Dan-like with that magic thinking. Now that sounds like a good plan.

Can I get an amen!

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best crew was: Ryan, Jeff, Vinny, Brad, Patrick. Correct me if I am wrong, but that was 5 people. So I think it is pretty clear he needs to have a spot. Anyway, Drew doesn't talk as much most of the time so adding Jason would even things out.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@yummylee said:

@conmulligan said:

Yeah, I'd love to see Jason appear more frequently. In fact, I think it'd be great if they rotated between Dan, Jason and Drew with Brad and Jeff as the constants. There's no reason why the crew has to be set in stone week-to-week, and swapping people in and out might keep things fresh and free up more space for guests. It might be good for the guys too — like, I get why people are into Dan's stories, but I've taken to skipping past them now whenever they come up because it's just too much every single week, whereas if Dan was a more irregular presence, that stuff might be more entertaining.

Don't forget Rorie!

I really like this option.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love his addition to the Podcast and love his personality. So I am all for it. Although I'm sure the guys can decide this one of their own...

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Jason on the podcast and want more of him around the site in general. He has a different personality from the other guys and brings a nice change of pace energy. Not that I don't like the other GBers, but variety is cool, yo.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By ripelivejam

i just want vinny and dan to touch. ever so slightly.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The lack of "blah blah Kid Rock....blah blah wrestling" on this week's podcast wasn't the worst thing ever

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

I'd settle for Jason to be on his own premium video with someone. I know those things tend to be more organic and not forced but I hope he and someone else in the office find a chance to do that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Jason is really entertaining. I'd love to have him around more.

LifeByDegrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a part of why Jason hasn't been on in the past because wife/family time.
Walking into Bombcast tradition- it made sense to not be a locked weekly member if that was his concern.

I'd support him and Lisa being a bigger part of the site content- and agree with perspective added bonuses.

But if the reason he's not a regular member- or has not been- is family- I fully support that.

triplestan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@straightgrizzly: Exactly, I think the golden age of the Bombcast was when they had a 5 person crew, which is why it astounds me that people now think 5 is too many.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they keep putting their behind the scenes people on camera they'll need to hire new behind the scenes people, THE ENDLESS CYCLE OF GIANTBOMB CONTINUES.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers