• 183 results
pirogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#151  Edited By pirogen

Jason has been good on the podcast, but I'd like to see a little more Rorie.

A permanent rotating 5th chair would be cool.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By overnow

It doesn't have to be weekly, but I would enjoy getting at least 1 bombcast a month with Jason and 1 a month with Rorie.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I would like Jason to stay because he has knowledge on games/genres the rest of the crew don't, and having actual discussion about those games instead of inaccurate information/bad jokes/speculation is nice.

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

I would love to have Jason on the podcast permanently! The 5-person dynamic was really cool back when it was Jeff, Ryan, Vinny, Brad & Patrick. I'd love to have that with Jeff, Brad, Drew, Dan, and Jason =)

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Jason is great. He is the Anime Editor we deserve.

madpierrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#156  Edited By madpierrot

More Jason, yes. 5 man podcast, huge no. Same rule applies for podcasts as sports pre and post game shows. Never go over 4. It just becomes to crowded. And personally for me the podcast can drag on too long sometimes so a 5th person would probably make it hard to listen to.

Jason is great though. Cool dude, good knowledge of games and seems to have a pretty different taste in games than the rest of the crew.

Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#157  Edited By Scarlet_Rogue

5 man bombcast is too many voices (its fine on E3 week or GotY deliberations, but not every week.). They should just alternate between Jason and Dan. I find Dan grating and his vacation has been a blessing. I'd prefer him in small doses going forward.

zkrizt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

YES

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm ok with a 5 man bombcast. I'm currently listening to the podcasts from early in 2012 when there were 5 dudes and they are just as good as the 4 man ones.

Wilshere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Five is too much in my opinion. We won't hear anything from Drew outside of the introduction.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#161  Edited By impartialgecko

I love the Jason/Drew dynamic so I'll take it in whatever form it comes.

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#162  Edited By Dragon_Puncher

I think a 5 man podcast would be great, but Jason's duties as video producer (and Rorie's as community manager) should probably take preference over being on bombcast. The perfect solution to me would be if they had a rotating fifth seat for either either Jason, Rorie or guests from Gamespot or whoever they can shanghai into doing a podcast with them from the video game industry. Bringing someone in with some knowledge/experience with the games came out the week before would be preferable, but as long as the guest is good I don't think that's a make-or-break thing.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Absolutely Jason should be part of the bombcast! He's a fantastic duder, and so is his wife. Really loved their 24hr stream.

flakmunkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Signed, Striker is awesome and I love that calm, cool voice in my earholes

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By BradBrains

if they add another person the what have you been playing part will be even longer which means even less emails and hilarious news talk.

brandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5 is too many. Plus, you have to have novelty. Sure, it's fun having Rorie or Jason on now, but if they were on every week, it'd quickly be less and less interesting. Save them for every few weeks.

People said the same thing about Drew he started becoming a regular on the podcast and now hes one of the most beloved. Honestly, i find Jason far more interesting then some other members so he has my vote.

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

if they add another person the what have you been playing part will be even longer which means even less emails and hilarious news talk.

Or the podcast would just be longer. I wouldn't mind a 3 hour cast every week.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bradbrains said:

Or the podcast would just be longer. I wouldn't mind a 3 hour cast every week.

neither would I but they seem to be trying to avoid that a lot more recently since brad started hosting.

AzrealInc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't care one way or the other. Just as long as I get my weekly dose of Gerstmann and Shoemaker.

deathbyyeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Add Jason

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60061752a57
deactivated-5e60061752a57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Striker is a hit.

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By alexpiercey

I like his different tastes as opposed to the other guys, but after knowing him for a while now (I watched Game Informer for his entire duration there) I don't think I'd want him as a permanent part of the bombcast. I don't want to be mean, but I just don't find him as entertaining as the other members.

notasfarwest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By notasfarwest

Maybe it was the sleep-deprivation, but the A.Strikerseses Extra Life stream was my favourite of all of them - it took Jason out of his position as the omnipotent voice on QLs ("The game's called JET Gunner") and revealed him to be a really chill guy who has interests that accommodate for the existing crrew's knowledge gaps.

I am in support of perma-Jason on the Bombcast as well as a potential premium offering from both Oestreichers.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unastrike is a damm bonafide pimp. i vote yes

man doesnt give a fuck (which i think is great), but at the same time he's one of the more open minded of the staff members.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Jason is my bro, bro. Keep him. This week he started to really settle in. The first few weeks he didn't speak up much but I think he is finally feeling comfortable now and starting to really find his groove. What I really want are video series where Jason and Dan go on mis-adventures together.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#177  Edited By Haruko

Either him or Danny would be great.

ike7779

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@haruko said:

Either him or Danny would be great.

Yes, this. But we so rarely get Danny, and Jason is definitely one of my new favorites of the lineup.

Lausebub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Lausebub

Oh, why didn't I see this thread before!? I really hope he becomes a regular and not just because of his awesome family name. I had a good feeling the week he started and he confirmed that over the first few weeks and now the "general public" realized that the world needs more Jason.

JimmySmiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, Jason is great.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess the biggest reason why Jason or Rorie are nice on the podcast are that they are proficient in genres of games that the others haven't played nearly as much of. Rorie knows probably more about CRPG's than the rest of the crew put together (though that isn't saying much really), and Jason knows fighting games really well. Dan is entertaining but largely enjoys the same games and has the same opinions as Jeff. Brad plays DotA and then one or two other things, and Drew is really entertaining but it rarely has to do with video games. I'm not sure he plays that many.

THE_RUCKUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By THE_RUCKUS

i would like Jason to be on podcast more but the reason why he probably doesn't come on often is because he is busy and we all have respect fact that got videos sort out.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Jason seems to have a viewpoint that is missing from the bombcast. He seems like he is still excited to play games, specifically fighting and character action games on a deeper lever. No one else has that vibe. I would like to hear what he has to say on a weekly basis. I assume, however, that he is busy editing videos and won't be joining as a new 5th member..

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By cooljammer00

I enjoy Jason on the Bombcast, but I think since he's the new Drew since Drew became the new Vinny, his obligations lie elsewhere. Can't be having the only two video people locked in a room for three plus hours every Monday, not editing video.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I like Jason a lot. I'd like to hear more from him in podcasts, UPFs, and (even more) Quick Looks... but only if he wants to.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Mcfart

pls don't do permanant 5 people. Just rotate dudes besides Brad. Danny/Jason/Dan/Rorie can sub in, but keep it 4. 5's too many. I hated when they did 5 man podcasts back then.

mra138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I vote yes

Avatar image for anonymous_jesse
Anonymous_Jesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked Jason last week but whenever his on with Dan they both seem less loud than usual which is a shame.

abnewton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, please keep Jason on the bombcast. Considering Drew doesn't say or play much I'd rather have Jason, but I can't see what the issue is with having 5, or maybe rotate Drew, Jason, Rorie & Dan.