[CHAT TEST] Bug reporting thread for the new chat system

• 57 results
wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Have you helped in one of our beta tests for the new chat system? Any bugs/comments/concerns?

Thanks!

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Was there a separate test stream, or was this part of another stream (e.g. UPF)?

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Was it like 30 seconds long? Only one of my scripts fired when it started and another one that checks less frequently didn't. Or was there a secret test? I would like to participate in one.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By RonGalaxy

Pressing the quote button (button that shows comment someone is replying to) brings you to the top of the page on android/chrome).

alekso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By alekso

1. When you pop out the chat then hide the sidebar. the chat becomes a small column that you can't resize. Even after un hiding the side bar, it stays small.

2. Staff and mod tabs only appear in popped out chat when you make the window a certain size. Probably should be there all the time, at least when the size of the window allow them to be there without messing with other elements.

3. The Grammarly extension turns @'s white in the typing field.

4. When you close the popped out chat, it should probably open chat again on the stream page.

cyborgx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By cyborgx7

When I send a message in chat, the number of leters remaining stays the same it was when the message was still in the box until I start writing again.

I use current firefox on linux.

EDIT:

Replies also disappear after a very short while, presumably when they get scrolled off the list in the main chat queue.

clain4672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poll questions appear below options, making answering laborious (scroll down for q, scroll back up to answer, instead of one clear motion from top to bottom)

dont know if this is my end, but ive had a few instances of the chat "stuttering", where it comes in big batches instead of individually flowing.

@alekso: the grammerly issue has been around for a while. you can disable the extension with the grammerly icon on the right side of the text field, then refresh the page after disabling it.

cfflymolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By cfflymolo

The pop-out chat will not fill the entire window if the view is a certain width.

macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Chrome 59.0.3071.115 (64-bit)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

alekso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clain4672: Yeah i know that. Thought it was a thing to report. That way they might be able to fix it.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bring back layout prefs. I like my tabs at the top :(

SleinMcAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

When I press on the Emotes tab nothing comes up.

DrM2theJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DrM2theJ

In Firefox (54.0.1, 64-bit) on Mac. The video window scroll bar is underneath the chat buttons when you collapse all of them:

asraimun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my replies section disappear very quickly, cant see what folks are saying back to me (this might have always been a thing, i am not familiar enough with the previous system)

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By turboman

I'm having the same problem that Fobwashed was describing where my replies slowly delete away when I look at them.

Also, my messages pins at the top of the chat which really freaks me the hell out.

EDIT: I refreshed a couple of times and it's working now I think when it comes to the pin

It's back, I'll refresh after every post so it's not weird

knas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ordering is based on local time - I was able to get my message stuck at the top by setting my clock forward 15 minutes.

DrM2theJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knas said:

Ordering is based on local time - I was able to get my message stuck at the top by setting my clock forward 15 minutes.

Confirmed, just able to do that.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My replies disappear all of a sudden, and certain messages seem to stick in specific locations for quite an extended time. Some folks are claiming it's due to local time, but considering this one fella' is stuck at the fourth (from the top) for the last 5 minutes, I think there have to be other contributing factors.

ConVox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like this update has fixed one of my old bugs - where @-ing someone would force the rest of the text to the right into a single column of characters.

But now, if you @ more than one person, it will push the Chat Cursor out of the Chat box.

No Caption Provided

optimalpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I refreshed the page on PS4 and now I can't get the page to finish loading. Too much going on at once for PS4 I guess?

panicswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the popup chat windows, it seems when you click the Hide button on the sidebar menu, it causes the chat to resume the original fixed width it had before popping out into a separate window.

Left Side: Before clicking Hide. Right Side: After clicking Hide.

PC: Windows 7 Professional

Chrome 59.0.3071.115 64-bit

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not sure if this is related, but I suddenly can't pause or interact with the stream. Like the player UI won't show and clicking on the video does nothing to pause it.

Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)

EDIT: Refreshing fixed it, but I thought maybe you would like to know in any case, since I have never encountered this bug before this new chat system.

Avatar image for reasonablesteve
reasonablesteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@do_the_manta_ray: This seems like new behavior. Replies vanish from the reply box as soon as they disappear from the chat feed on 54.0.1 (64-bit) Firefox.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Replies won't show up, even though I had notifications of at least 3 new ones.

No Caption Provided

Crighton09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Crighton09

New chat freezes up Edge on the Xbox one. Have to close the app to even getting working again.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chat is auto-scrolling for me even when I scroll down to look at older chat messages (old chat would lock your view when you scoll down from the latest message), makes it near-impossible to try to look at or reply to chat messages

panicswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panicswitch: Also seems that the Total and Chatting number in the header are the same number all of the time. Don't know if that counts as a bug but figured it was worth mentioning just in case.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One single chat message seems stuck/stickied at the top of my chat stream...

Jutturnato andythemez
super mario brothers 6

cyberspacecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cyberspacecat
No Caption Provided

The top message (Jutturna) was stuck at the top of chat for several minutes.
I can't begin to deduce why, but it was fixed some time later, possibly manually.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Is it possible the new chat is much more memory intensive or something? On mobile, iphone 5, chrome. Can't get the video feed to work most of the time. Browser freezes for several seconds or crashes. Video frame appears unclickable then eventually once I got lucky it finally popped up the video after thinking for a minute straight.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By turboman

So I figured out why my posts were sticking I think... @jutturna should probably confirm if he was doing the same thing.

I was watching on two different computers (one for stream, one for chat). When I quit on one of them and watched the stream on one computer the posts won't stick. I know that in the past you disabled the chat when I had an account that was already online while watching videos.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like it has to do with the local time on the PC (mine is a few minutes ahead) and a couple others reproduced it.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now Jutturna's :dabby message is stuck up top, but I consider this to be a feature, not a bug!

chrisjames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By chrisjames

@sleinmcawesome: That 'Emotes' tab is a third party plugin and I think the person responsible for that is working on a new version for the new chat system.

Jutturna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman: I'm using a single computer. Someone mentioned local system time as maybe being part of the issue, and I realized my system time was desynchronized and fixed it, but my chat messages still continued to stick afterwards.

DrM2theJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jutturna said:

@turboman: I'm using a single computer. Someone mentioned local system time as maybe being part of the issue, and I realized my system time was desynchronized and fixed it, but my chat messages still continued to stick afterwards.

I tested the local system time thing and it did cause my messages to get stuck at the top.

After I fixed the system time to be correct, my messages still stuck at the top, but for less time.

Maybe a reload fixes that?

SleinMcAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SleinMcAwesome

@chrisjames: Oh that's right. I'm so used to it by now I assumed it was always there. Sorry and thanks for the info. :D

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#38 fisk0  Moderator

@boonsong said:

Not sure if this is related, but I suddenly can't pause or interact with the stream. Like the player UI won't show and clicking on the video does nothing to pause it.

Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)

EDIT: Refreshing fixed it, but I thought maybe you would like to know in any case, since I have never encountered this bug before this new chat system.

I also had this happen a couple of times, couldn't figure out any way to reproduce it though. At first I thought it happened when I switched back and forth between popout chat, but it didn't happen again when I did that. You can get it working by resizing the chat without refreshing the page too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some emotes do not work for me, :jawdrop for example. Don't know if this is a bug or not.

EDIT: I found another bug, I think? The text in the poll is messed up, some of it shows up at the top and the rest down bottom.

No Caption Provided

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mobile chrome again but this time on ipad. IPad Air 2, latest chrome version. It causes the browser to freeze and wake up for a second or so every now and then, difficult to even close the tab. It was the same as how it was for me last week on the iPhone. The other streams in between these two featuring the new chat have been working good as usual!

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poll questions no longer show up for me at all:

clain4672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dont know if this is a new chat or old chat bug, but replies seem to break when double quotes are used, which at first glance is almost reminding me of an sql injection type error in how the text is handled.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-63d5c454eb6aa
deactivated-63d5c454eb6aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On ipad, during live streams, the page loads up completely, but then freezes. When it happened during the Sunshine stream, my internet was being wonky, but it is fine today for the Megadate and the same thing is happening.

mekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mekon

Over the last two live streams I watched* the following has happened:

(*steal my sunshine 05 I think for the first, but definitely GBE's Megadate from this evening for the second)

a) first: two people responded to a comment I made just after I logged in, but I hadn't had a chance to type anything (I can't see what they were responding to, because that's not in the chat function now as far as I can tell)

b) second: as I logged in I could see lots of people using the <> tag and saying the show was over, and I saw my own account saying "Thanks all y'all <>" (not amazingly funny but there you go) which is something I think I might remember typing at the end of a show some time ago. (the MegaDate show started around the time that I logged in)

I don't think my account's been hijacked, but I've changed my password anyway. Grateful for any advice.

Edit: Win10, Chrome 60.0.3112.90 x64, AdBlock Plus and LastPass

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've noticed the chat is blowing up every time I open it. I go to https://www.giantbomb.com/chat/popout on Safari, Chrome, Firefox (all in incognito as well) and it all crashes my tab. It'll work for a few seconds and then freezes and then my browser asks to kill the process.

gyozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By gyozilla

@zero_ said:

I've noticed the chat is blowing up every time I open it. I go to https://www.giantbomb.com/chat/popout on Safari, Chrome, Firefox (all in incognito as well) and it all crashes my tab. It'll work for a few seconds and then freezes and then my browser asks to kill the process.

I'm having the same problem. Chat works for a few seconds then the page freezes. Someone needs to reboot their chat because I think I saw Will Carle reply to someone in chat that it's a memory leak problem and everything worked again for me after he rebooted it. I had to refresh chat after a while and now the leak is happening again. I've tried it on Chrome without extensions on both my old Win7 32 bit PC and 2011 MacBook Pro to no avail.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

So here's a bug I keep running into. I can type my first 2 or 3 messages at normal speed but afterwards, my message has this delayed typing where the letters will slowly pop up seconds after I typed that word. I wonder what's causing that bug to happen.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gyozilla said:

@zero_ said:

I'm having the same problem. Chat works for a few seconds then the page freezes. Someone needs to reboot their chat because I think I saw Will Carle reply to someone in chat that it's a memory leak problem and everything worked again for me after he rebooted it. I had to refresh chat after a while and now the leak is happening again. I've tried it on Chrome without extensions on both my old Win7 32 bit PC and 2011 MacBook Pro to no avail.

Same here. Have to constantly refresh the page to get the chat working again. I have my ad-blocker turned off and tried turning off HTTPS everywhere, which didn't solve anything. I've just chosen to turn the chat off.

Win7 64-bit latest version of Chrome.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers