I can't upload images from URLs

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

When I added a few new games today, I was unable to add default images using the URL Address button. It accepts the URL, starts loading and processing the image (including showing a small version next to the progress bar), but when it finishes it just went back to the add new game page like nothing happened. And the image uploads seem to have happened, as they add new entries in my user image gallery, but they just show an empty broken image box and won't load.

One of the images was a Phantasy Star Nova cover from the Japanese PlayStation website, which I've used as a source for images many times before without issue. And it did get accepted when I instead downloaded the image to my computer and used the "My desktop" upload instead.

Anorionil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Anorionil

I'm having the same problem. My image galery seems to be broken a bit, and I can't switch my avatar or upload images. I also see a lot of javascript errors in my console :/

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

You're not the only ones, bros.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Same here

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup me too cant upload any images at all from websites. Using chrome on windows pc and IE 10 on surface tablet.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has been happening for the better part of the year (if not longer) with URL uploads in general. Ergo it also happens when you do URL uploads in the gallery.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I have the exact opposite problem. URL uploads work fine (the two or three times I've ever tried them within the past few months), but uploading from my computer gives an "Internal Service Error"

Computers are weird.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert: The uploading from hard drive has been borked for gods know how long.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@def said:

This has been happening for the better part of the year (if not longer) with URL uploads in general. Ergo it also happens when you do URL uploads in the gallery.

That's not been my experience. URL uploads have generally been working fine for me until the last few days. There is an old bug that makes you unable to do anything with an URL uploaded image when it enters edit mode just after you upload (just gives you a red "Unexisting image" error banner), but that can be worked around by reloading the page.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert: The uploading from hard drive has been borked for gods know how long.

That has been no problem for me.

lol everyone's having different issues with the same thing^^

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I find a lot of time, the image won't appear in the text editor while you're still typing up the post (it has the option to delete the image even though the image never appears while typing), but it does upload and it's in your gallery, and it's actually in the post you're typing, it just doesn't display properly. So if I just submit the post, the picture will be in it properly, even though it doesn't appear in the editor.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a pretty large bug. Is there anybody at all who is able to upload images, currently?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Something's definitely borked with the URL upload and I'll see if it can be looked into.

Uploading from the desktop should work - if it doesn't, email me at support at giantbomb.com and I'll try to look into your account. Usually problems with that are the result of something specifically wrong with your account.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hey there @blacklagoon and everyone else,

Can you give it another shot?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

One thing I've found is that image urls need to have "http://".

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BlackLagoon

@jslack: It seems to be working again for me now.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay!

Anorionil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Anorionil

Yeah, some things work again! Great :)

One thing I can't get to work is to add an image from my galery to a game page. It says my added image is under review, but it doesn't show up under my Wiki Edits.