Is YouTube's 1440p processing down lately?

Frag_Maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Frag_Maniac

I usually don't have a problem with YouTube finishing processing my 1440p uploads to actual 1440p. Lately though, the last 3 I uploaded stopped at 1080p. Two of them I left the upload page open where I got final confirmation of "Processing Done", yet still only a 1080p viewing option on the uploaded video.

I even tried uploading a very condensed 30 sec clip of the last upload, and though it processed a lot quicker of course, after some time, still no 1440p viewing option of the upload. So I have to wonder if something is wrong with their 1440p processing, and if anyone else is having this problem the last couple days?

Can someone here try uploading a brief 1440p clip to see if you get it processed to a 1440p viewing option? You don't actually need a 1440p or 4K display to do this, many video editing tools have a resize feature. I'd appreciate any help or feedback on this. My 1440p vids were processing fine a few days ago.

Frag_Maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It looks like they sorted this out now, at least for me (and I'm sure many if not most others). All the videos I uploaded that were stuck at 1080p are now playing in 1440p.