Lists are broken

• 73 results
Kinokee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

After the site redesign I could not longer save lists after I edited the order of my items, however, now I can not save my lists no matter what. Adding any new item and trying to save the list as a full list just creates an error and the list does not save. It doesn't save in Firefox, Chrome or IE.

I can not remove items I add in Chrome, or change their order. I can not use any of the buttons below the text window in firefox. I can not resize my text boxes in IE.

Avatar image for deactivated-5abeb9715d7a2
deactivated-5abeb9715d7a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I had to install Opera just to get the lists to partially work. I can save the list, add items to it and add text, but the lists will not save if I re-arrange items on it. The buttons do not work for me in Firefox either.

I'm pretty sure that they know about these issues, but it is rather disappointing to see that it's been more than a month and we're still unable to use lists properly.

sin13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By sin13

I'm in Firefox and the buttons for moving items up and down and deleting them from the list are not working for me either.

Avatar image for terrorisreality
TerrorIsReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#4  Edited By TerrorIsReality

Yep, for me buttons don't work in Firefox, but I can add items and save lists. Buttons do work in IE, but can't save changes.

j_d90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Since the new layout change I cant find how to add to my lists.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@j_d90: because you can't anymore. you have to go to your lists page and edit the list manually. don't ask me why...

Caustic_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I noticed this too. The buttons are broken in Firefox. Sometimes in Opera the suggestions pull-down list refuses to close when the mouse is clicked outside of the window.

Suits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sadly this is still an issue. I use the list to keep track of games, but all I can do is add more to the list at this point.

WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By WightnNerdy

Lists are broken for me too. I can't edit my lists because whenever I click "save" it goes to an error screen.

I use Chrome mostly. Have't tried any other browsers, though.

kmg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By kmg90

Funny, the list buttons don't work for me in Firefox (20.0b6 beta) but work in the Chromium nightly... Yet I see others are having the opposite issue...

Also, POST 300!!

MikeydCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 7

Im on firefox and button dont work, I can add and save but delete game up and donw number keys dont work. have to download chrone to edit list

Nijntje1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By Nijntje1971

Broken, please fix this Giantbomb!

ninjadodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I guess I didn't look very thoroughly but I'm having this problem as well. Sorry about the duplicate thread.

djames216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lists are broken for me too.

• Can't re-order existing items.
  • Can't remove items.
  • Used to use basic html code to insert links into an individual item's description. This also no longer works.

Using Firefox 19.0.2 on Win XP

rchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just tested in Chrome and Firefox. Looks like removing / resorting only works in Chrome and not Firefox. Will put a ticket in for this.

Thanks guys

Adaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Saving lists doesn't work for me in Chrome. I need to update my lists, man! Aliens: Colonial Marines is still on one of them and it's starting to become embarrassing :p

Oh, and please bring back the 'Add to list' button. It was one of my favorite things on the site. Now, when I find a game and decide to put it on a list I have to go to my lists and find it again. Not ideal IMO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I'm back to comment on this thread and keep it alive. I know this is not the only thread about this. In Windows, the list functions do not work properly in the most popular browsers: IE, Firefox, Chrome. In Ubuntu, I believe Firefox worked for me once but I don't remember if it was 100% or partially. I have yet to test browsers on OS X.

Not a bug but a (return) feature request: Please put a button back on game pages to add to list. I used that all the time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went to this site to look for a more suitable HTML 5 browser. I gave Maxthon a shot, and list functions work.

This, to me, seems like Giant Bomb coded the site ahead of the curve. Maybe it's the browsers' jobs to catch up.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@014 said:

Not a bug but a (return) feature request: Please put a button back on game pages to add to list. I used that all the time.

I'll second that

Kinokee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Kinokee

Sooo, the lists are still broken about a month later from when this thread was first made. It's disappointing it is taking so long to fix.

@014 Also, if they made something great for 20 years in the future and no one could use it anymore until then unless you use some obscure other method, it's not really an improvement. Regardless, thanks for the note about Maxthon, it totally worked.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

Not only do I have issues adding items and changing the positions in the list on chrome, the search results are often very erratic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kinokee said:

Sooo, the lists are still broken about a month later from when this thread was first made. It's disappointing it is taking so long to fix.

Agreed. I can understand that they have a lot to tweak and adjust on the "new" site, but it's unacceptable that lists have been broken for such a long time.

In addition to the issues I mentioned near the start of this thread, I cannot get my "Collection" list to save NHL '94, even though it says "List Updated". I've cleared the Firefox 20.0.1 cache, quit the browser and tried multiple refreshes.

MikeydCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

I wish list would go back the way they were, open a list with over 100 things in it with slow internet omg. I open my finished list and it takes 4 mins to load. The problems are all over the place, cant move # order or remove game on firefox switch to chrome I can do that now but it wont save.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#24  Edited By DarthOrange

My newest list is flat out broken. When you click on it you get an error.

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I used to be able to add stuff to lists after the site update, but now I can't. Weird.

EvanFavreau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'll add to the chorus. Just attempted to add a game to one of my lists, and ever after I see the green bar saying "List Updated," the new game is nowhere to be found. (Oddly, the new number ranking for the games that were previously on the list are saved, as if the new game was added correctly.)

Psyael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Lists have been working for me until now. Suddenly I can't add anything to a list whereas a couple weeks ago I added Bioshock Infinite to a list with no problem. Using Chrome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By 014

Since there was an update to Firefox recently, I decided to try editing a list. I was able to add two games to a list using Firefox version 20.0.1.

EDIT: Scratch that. I was thrown off by the green bar at the top. It didn't actually save the new games.

Avatar image for peterpasinili007
peterpasinili007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By peterpasinili007

I can save my list but the item isn't there.

Nijntje1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Well, I think I will stop supporting GB as they not really are listening and supporting me. They probably focus on other 'important' things.

*really want the old site back*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By 014

Well, Maxthon allows me to remove games from lists but not add new ones. :( Dang it.

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Aarny91

I'll add to the chorus. Just attempted to add a game to one of my lists, and ever after I see the green bar saying "List Updated," the new game is nowhere to be found. (Oddly, the new number ranking for the games that were previously on the list are saved, as if the new game was added correctly.)

This is exactly what happened to me.

Avatar image for teenagejesussuperstar
TeenageJesusSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@aarny91 said:

@evanfavreau said:

Ditto. I know it's not a priority but lists are one of my favorite GB features and them being so busted for so long is really starting to bum me out.

majormitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 31

@aarny91 said:

@evanfavreau said:

This is happening to me as well. Oddly enough, I wasn't having this problem as recently as a week ago (using Chrome). I've never been able to re-order lists though, among other issues.

CelShader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm experiencing this problem as well. Can't add games.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

AsherV20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Made a new list last week, no problems. Tried adding to it tonight and it won't save changes. Boo-urns!

Avatar image for misterbananafoam
MisterBananaFoam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Yep, having the same problem here. Added an example to one of my lists a couple days back but now it will not save changes made to any of my lists.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I tried making a list today, and it would save that the list existed, but it wouldn't save anything that I added to it. I then tried to add something to another list, but it didn't take.

Last night @cjduke told me he was having the same problems too, but I doubt he cares enough to actually venture here into the bug reporting forum. (I'm just kidding.)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lists are still not updating in Firefox 20.0.1 or Opera 12.5. On the plus side, the "up/down/remove" buttons are actually working in Firefox now. It would be nice to know if people are indeed looking into a solution for this.

capnsaiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm having the same list issue.

Also I can't post a topic because it says I recently did -- but I haven't, and I can't delete photos.

TheSilentGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 28

Same as may others, I cannot add new games to my lists at the moment. I updated my reviews as well and all the recommendations I had disappeared. These features being broken for so long is annoying, miss the old site a bit :(

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#43  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

Just tried updating one of my lists and it did not take. Had been working without issues as recently as April 12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag said:

@014 said:

I'll second that

Agreed. This was a welcome feature that I miss a lot.

List updating is still broken. Please inform us if you are working on it.

CelShader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By CelShader

@slag said:

@014 said:

I'll second that

Agreed. This was a welcome feature that I miss a lot.

List updating is still broken. Please inform us if you are working on it.

Thirded!

djames216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love using the lists but it's just a broken mess at the moment. Many others have already mentioned this but I'll add my voice.

I can now move or remove existing items in a list.

• Unable to add new items to an existing list. This is despite the fact that a green bar appears at the top stating "List Updated" after pressing "Save My List".

Using Firefox 20.0.1

ltsquigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ltsquigs

Have been looking into the list issue periodically. Will figure out why items can't be added soon. (We know about the missing Add To List button, its a low priority but we do intend to bring it back eventually)

ltsquigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok I have fixed adding items to lists on our dev environment, but unfortunately that fix won't be pushed out until Monday next week.

The re-ordering stuff should have been fixed a while ago. The links not working in descriptions is intentional for now.

CelShader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reordering works, but its still kind of wonky, sometimes I have to make a change, then it won't let me reorder any further, I have to save and then move it up or down a few more spaces... Not sure exactly how to explain, you cant always rely on the move up/down buttons. Sometimes moving an item up does not work, but moving the one above it one down does work (essentially doing the same thing), but then it's stuck there. have to save and reorder more...

Play around with reordering and this will make sense.

chrome.

Avatar image for peterpasinili007
peterpasinili007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By peterpasinili007

this is a tough bug