ildon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ildon
No Caption Provided

Any review score that isn't an integer will not be reflected on the little bar graph showing overall user review scores. I'm not really sure if they should be represented as a floor or a ceiling or affect the adjacent bar graphs equally (e.g. 4.5 would give half a pip to 5 and half a pip to 4) or what, but I feel like they should still be represented here. If a game coincidentally had a lot of X.5 review scores, then the bar graphs wouldn't give a good representation of user's opinion of the game. The average score (here, 3.88) seems to properly take into account all user reviews.

Additionally, and not directly related, the "user reviews" box on the side bar of an official/staff review does not seem to have an area that is clickable to send users to the "user review" page for that game. The "read the most helpful review" link will send you to that specific, most helpful user review, but I feel like there should be an area of the box that's clickable to send you to the entire list of user reviews.

I'm using Firefox 18 and Windows 7. I did not check it in other platforms.

AdebisiStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AdebisiStyle

Looking at the wiki for Metro 2033 and the Giant Bomb review of the same game, the user reviews don't match up at all, with an average of 2.22 on one and 3.53 on the other.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

It gets real embarrassing when the only review on the page is a half-star one. My Tear Ring Saga review, for instance.

ildon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adebisistyle: I just checked the Metro 2033 page and the average review score lines up for me. You have to click through to the actual list of user reviews, and include the half-star reviews in your average. That's what I meant by the average being correct. The average does correctly take into account the half-star reviews even though the bar graph does not.

AdebisiStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AdebisiStyle

@ildon: Ok, but if your average guy (like me) goes to the wiki page, under 'what users think' he sees a fat 3.53 and 3&1/2 gold stars. But if he goes to Dave's review page, under 'what users think' he sees 2.22 and two filled in stars. Shouldn't those look the same at a glance? Am I missing something?

ildon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adebisistyle: Oh, I see it now. It looks like a different issue, though, because I'm seeing different numbers on the bar graph between the staff review page and the user review page now, too. The difference is not made up by the non-integer reviews. I could have sworn the numbers were the same 8 hrs ago but who knows.

AdebisiStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ildon: Alright cool it's not just me then.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

I think this should be a lesson to us all to not straddle the fence and pick a number.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Was it ever possible to rate a game 0.5 stars, or did the scale start at 1.0? If 0.5 was possible, rounding down would result in 0 and that's not good. Rounding up is safe either way, as long as you don't think of 5 stars as "perfect".