The videos tab is a mess

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So the other day I was on a game page and then I wanted to check out the page for quick looks. I hover over the videos tab and it took me about 30 seconds to find what I was looking for. How long does it take you?

No Caption Provided

With every new video feature getting its own name and section recently (some of these could be condensed into other features, really), this menu is pretty hilarious looking. An alphabetical sort and making the spacing even would be nice. I know, small issue.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@flasaltine: yeah, i took 30 seconds to find quicklooks earlier this week.

But at least they're improving. You might have noticed the 'Old games' and 'Quicklook' banners next to content. Once that's all fleshed out, i bet it gets a whole lot easier to find the stuff you want to find.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like they're trying to separate things into clearer categories for a future update (there are feature-specific titlecards under videos now for stuff like GBE Playdates, for example). I imagine they're gonna get rid of that drop-down list entirely at some point and replace it with a category page.

Whatever they do, it can't come soon enough. That list is getting worse by the month.

LassieME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I can totally sympathize with this, had this exact experience about a week ago, trying to use the website on a kinda blurry projector.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

We are switching from video categories to a new Show interface. It'll take some time to get everything ported over, though. It'll be a mess for a bit but in a month or two it should be a lot easier to use. Sorry for the trouble.

Willza92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: It's gonna look like Netflix, isn't it? Man, I don't need any more encouragement to binge watch all this content!

pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

This kind of thing is unavoidable given all the different video content Giant Bomb has put out over so many years - looking forward to seeing the new Show interface!