Drangleic Explorer Society: Compiling GB's DS2 Exploration

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@mormonwarrior: He is still in that room. He is outside the cell against the wall.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well i walked into a fog gate and was greeted by Ornstein. I was promptly smashed. Also I found this ring that restores health. It talks about it being fragile. I'm assuming if you unequip it it will break?

Nah, it doesn't break. It's just talking about its durability. 70 isn't too bad, though. I die or reach a bonfire before that would ever be a problem.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man the level of trolling evilness that is the Rat King covenant.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adoggz said:

@mikelemmer: @demoskinos:

the ring of restoration? I've taken that ring off and it didn't break.

Correct, but it costs 15k souls if it does break. That's right, rings can break.

novadth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Soldier's Rest - any ideas?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@novadth: There is a topic about that up right now - so far the consensus is that it's a dead end, in as much as no one can figure out how to progress from there. I abandoned the area and moved on and so have quite a few other people.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adoggz said:

Correct, but it costs 15k souls if it does break. That's right, rings can break.

well shit, i guess ill only wear it sparingly then.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#109  Edited By musubi

@adoggz said:

@drdarkstryfe said:

@adoggz said:

well shit, i guess ill only wear it sparingly then.

Well, it shouldn't be a huge deal. When you rest at bonfires your equipment regains their durability. You only ever have to "fix" things at a black smith if the article in question breaks. Seems like the gear also usually flashes a "warning" when the durability is low as well.

Isknisark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Has anyone had any luck getting the Blue Covenant to work? Been in it from the point you hit Majula and I'm now 10 hours in and I've yet to either be invaded or summoned to help fight off an invader. I'm almost always human, but I don't know if that matters. I'm also on the 360 if that means anything, I know the servers have been a bit wonky since release.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By reisz

So I'm a crazy person. I just spent 13400 Souls on the Silvercat Ring in an effort to make it to the items down the giant well in Majula. As a fully hollowed Deprived with 6 Vitality and 13 Adaptation I fell to my death immediately.

The fall damage reduction may not be significant enough with my tiny amount of health, or it may be that the fall is too long or worse, designed to be non-survivable like some short falls in Dark Souls. Fingers crossed that it pays off after I reverse hollowing. I'll chime in if it does.

I had a few super shitty runs in Cardinal Tower. Lost about 8000 Souls in completely unforseeable deaths. These finite respawns have me worried.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

@vash10: I think you have to be in a different Blue covenant to be summoned to protect others. There's at least two Blue covenants; one you enter immediately in Majula, and another you find in a nearby area past a boss fight.

bnutz2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last night, I was finally invaded. After a minute or so, a blue phantom also appeared. It's worth noting that I was not wearing my Blue Sentinel ring. My blue phantom got killed (RIP), but I was able to kite the red phantom around while occasionally hitting him with lightning spears. It was pretty intense. He almost got me!

Also, a tip regarding The Pursuer...

The lightning miracle will bounce off his shield and kill you.

bnutz2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just discovered that I murdered my only chance to respec my skills for a few measly effigys. *sigh*

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By reisz

That damn Silvercat Ring does nothing to mitigate the fall damage for those well items in Majula. Next up, Fall Control.

Edit: I've just put some more points into adaptability and I am definitely drinking Estus quicker than before. I bet that is linked to the Agility stat too.

airpi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By airpi

@reisz: I'm not 100% sure, but I think that drop might just be hard coded to kill you. If I drop a prism stone onto the beam it doesn't shriek, so you'd think it wouldn't kill me, but it kills me.

As for the Blue covenants, I've been a Sentinel for a while now and I haven't had any luck getting called in against invaders, and I've never been able to find someone to invade with the cracked blue eye orbs. I did invade someone and had a Blue show up before I joined up, so it's definitely working. It might just be a volume thing, I haven't found a reusable way to invade people yet, so there's probably way more Blue Sentinels in my area than there are people invading.

Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bnutz2k: Really? Omg, that is hilarious. Sucks to have it happen to you, but still funny.

bnutz2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, there's a strat guide out there that suggested killing a certain NPC for the effigys. I really should have known better. The only NPC worth killing in any Souls game is that dick Patches.

paco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#120  Edited By paco

Anyone else encounter the Bell Keeper covenant yet? I thought maybe joining them would make me immune to invasions like the forest hunters in the first game, but I swiftly found out that wasn't the case.

And holy shit, does it seem to be a hotbed for PVP right now. Been invaded by way more Bell Keepers than normal invaders (which has been 0, except for an NPC invader in the same level). Also, when wearing the covenant ring, I couldn't go 30 seconds without being forced into someone else's game.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By reisz

@airpi: Agreed, I've upped my Vigor since yesterday and tried making it again with 0 Equip load. Instantly dead. I have my hopes up that it's possible but I'm concentrating on getting Fall control now to check that out.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man, watching the quicklook reminded me of a door I never went in after I got the key from the area boss. Whole new section I passed up! This game is fantastic. I love not knowing anything and just discovering everything.

paco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By paco

@airpi: @reisz: You can definitely make the fall in the well with enough vigor (I had 15 vigor at the time) and the silver cat ring. I did it yesterday when I was between SL50-55, can't remember my exact level. Took off almost all my health, but I did it.

Not only that, but on the way down the well, I found a door that was locked, so there is definitely other ways to get in there.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reisz said:

@airpi: Agreed, I've upped my Vigor since yesterday and tried making it again with 0 Equip load. Instantly dead. I have my hopes up that it's possible but I'm concentrating on getting Fall control now to check that out.

Guys, it's definitely possible with the ring. I've done it myself. I do have pretty high vigor and adaptability though, as I went with the Explorer class.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reisz said:

Guys, it's definitely possible with the ring. I've done it myself. I do have pretty high vigor and adaptability though, as I went with the Explorer class.

@paco said:

@airpi: @reisz: You can definitely make the fall in the well with enough vigor (I had 15 vigor at the time) and the silver cat ring. I did it yesterday when I was between SL50-55, can't remember my exact level. Took off almost all my health, but I did it.

Not only that, but on the way down the well, I found a door that was locked, so there is definitely other ways to get in there.

Shit. . I thought as much, I started out deprived and am around SL 38, 16 Adaptability but low Vigor around 11 I think. I'm definitely going to have to sort that out tonight.

Thanks guys.

airpi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang, alright. I'll give it another go then. I just assumed it wasn't possible after I tried and failed with the cat ring :V I haven't really touched my vigor at all, but my health might be high enough just from levels.

Isknisark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am about 15-16 hours into the game now and I have yet to be invaded once. Anyone know if there is something going on with the 360 servers or am I just "lucky"?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, really really confused. I watched the "We're playing Dark Souls Too'" video and How the heck did Vinny and Brad get to the Lost Bastille without going through No Man's Warf? Is there another way in? Because I have no idea how to get to the bonfire Brad started at in the video. I ended up going through No Man's Warf going on the ghost ship beating the boss and getting there that way. So what is the other way there?

paco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: You can also get there by using the bird's nest just past the Pursuer boss arena.

paco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vash10: Remember, since you can be invaded while hollowed, the pool for invasions is a lot bigger. I haven't been invaded myself, but I have been summoned into other people's game as a Blue Sentinel to help them fight invaders, so they still are happening. I've mostly been invaded by Bell Keepers in the Belfry Luna, which seems to happen almost immediately upon entering the area.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By musubi

@paco said:

@demoskinos: You can also get there by using the bird's nest just past the Pursuer boss arena.

Wow see I haven't even found the Pursuer yet. Heh, this game's open ended nature is pretty neat sometimes.

paco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By paco

@paco said:

Wow see I haven't even found the Pursuer yet. Heh.

He's in the Forest, past one of the doors that require the Soldier's Key. The one for the Pursuer is not far from the Cardinal Tower bonfire.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By musubi

@paco said:
@demoskinos said:

@paco said:

He's in the Forest, past one of the doors that require the Soldier's Key. The one for the Pursuer is not far from the Cardinal Tower bonfire.

Ah see I totally forgot that door was even there. Trying that area now.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone go into the Cathedral of Blue yet!? THAT SON OF A BITCH IS BACK! ORNSTEIN!

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#135  Edited By ADAMWD

@afabs515: Yup, and didn't have my items set for a boss battle and had 1/4 estus flasks. Got killed quickly. He's my next target though.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamwd: Exact same thing happened to me. My heart sank when I saw him walking towards me.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Anyone discover any good farming spots yet? Specifically large and chunks of titanite?

paco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By paco

@kerse: For titanite chunks: join the Bell Keepers in the Belfry Luna, you gain a titanite chunk every time you successfully defend the bell tower (that is, killing the host). Should note that it's behind a Pharros Lockstone wall in the Lost Bastille, so you'll need one of those handy.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By confusedowl

Possible mid game spoiler. Hoping someone can answer this.

Has anyone encountered Craighten yet? He seems to be the Yurt/Lautric type character and now I'm worried he's gonna start killing off my NPCs. Anyone know where I can find him or if he'll kill anyone important?

Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Vashyron

@paco said:
@demoskinos said:

@paco said:

Ah see I totally forgot that door was even there. Trying that area now.

Don't feel bad. I've been thinking that the entire time.

amlabella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Is the Drangelic Shield my best option for a 100% physical block shield? I didn't really want to put more points into strength since I'm going for a dex build, but it requires 16 and I'm at 12.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

@mormonwarrior: He is still in that room. He is outside the cell against the wall.

Thanks, I figured that out when I went back there. Those explodey guys are my new least favorite Dark Souls enemy...okay, maybe right behind the wheel skeletons.

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By owack6

@mormonwarrior:

The blast is actually blockable if you have high enough stats, i do't even take any damage from it when i have my shield up at this point.

Has anyone found some poison resist ring or special gear for poison damage? i forget what the name of the zone is but there's a boss fight inside a pool of poison and i can't see how it's possible to fight him without some special gear.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By musubi

So, I managed to grab the cat ring and tumble my way down the well. What do you know I stumbled into the rat covenant hideout. So naturally there are tons of rats. My problem now is there is a room that you get trapped in where tons of rats spawn and eventually after enough kills an Alpha Rat shows up and you have to kill him to essentially end the infinitely spawning rats. Trouble is I'm so beat down by the time he shows up I can't finish the fight. Anyone have tips? I tried to go human so I could summon someone but seems like nobody is putting their sign down there. Firebombs would be REALLY useful here but I have no idea where I'd get enough of them to last through the entire encounter.

thed9984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By thed9984

@afabs515: I have winning that fight lets you join the other blue covenant it let's you help players in the first one, have yet to be summoned for it though.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By soldierg654342

@afabs515 said:

Anyone go into the Cathedral of Blue yet!? THAT SON OF A BITCH IS BACK! ORNSTEIN!

When someone told me that, I though they just meant the attack patterns. I didn't think they were being literal! And then I fought him.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By audiosnow

I put the Ring of Whispers on before entering a new area, and throughout that entire place I wondered who put that awful, incessant voice as ambient backing. After an hour or so I finally realized that it was the ring. Now I just need to find the "other" use it has.

I was destroying those wooden chests and now I feel like an idiot. Apparently doing that destroys the item and results in rubbish. So I missed out on four or five items until I realized my mistake.

Same here. I figured that rubbish had been turned into a joke; since there was a single, valuable piece in Dark Souls I thought that it would probably be very common and truly rubbish in the sequel. But after the fourth piece of rubbish in as many chests, an angry realization hit me. Oh well, at least it's pretty much guaranteed they weren't great items anyway, or everyone would be talking about that one must-have item that can be gotten shortly into the game.

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Anyone found a use for the Antiquated Key? Can't find anything it unlocks...

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Guess what I found the equivalent of the scraping spear. If you join the Rat King Covenant he sells you Acid bombs which erode armor for 700 souls a pop. These things chew through armor extremely fast and you can't even tell if someone has them equipped so.... yeah.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamwd: I think I remember it unlocked a single door in the Lost Bastille. I don't remember which one cause that place drove me crazy trying to find everything, which I still haven't. So far though, just one door.

Has anyone come across items in boss rooms that seem inaccessible? There's the one in the Ruin Sentinels boss room I can't reach and another one I came across in the Shaded Ruins. They're always high up and there doesn't seem to be a way to get to them.