#1  Edited By mike
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I think this is a totally valid page, someone could write a really good, detailed article about it. There is tonnes of information about it that would probably be too much detail for the Xbox 360 page. But Games should not be attached to it since any Xbox 360 game can be attached to it. Same for locations. And concepts should only be attached to it if they're relevant to the NXE itself.

EDIT: I've cleaned it up, removing the games, locations and the majority of the concepts and objects (although some of the concepts might still not be completely necessary, someone else might want to look at them to check).

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush

This page has been around for a while...I figured that since it never got deleted back then that the staff was cool with it.

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By thebeast

It's seems very difficult to draw a line as to where concepts should be divided in these cases. When you consider each concept to be an article; a detailed section on an important aspect of video games, the NXE concept makes perfect sense - this could be fleshed out with all sorts of interesting detail that I'd deem to be rather important to have on a gaming encyclopaedia.

Of course, all this detail could be on the Xbox 360 page, and probably should be within the current structure, but it would just seem to be irrelevant minutiae in that context. On top of that, if we ignore the possibility of any sort of hierarchy (Gun > M4), whether it be specified or not, we end up with extremely long, unreadable pages which are a usability/readability nightmare.

The fact that we can attach other pages to the NXE page is, potentially, great. The link between it and an Avatar concept page might make perfect sense - but we know how people tend to use the system... not that much can be done about that at the moment.

Personally, I tend to worry more about the potential content of an article as opposed to its position and relevance in the general site structure, but it would certainly be nice to hear some clarification on this.
lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By lordofultima

We need a new category, until then I don't see why this stuff can't be documented in concepts. That's just how I feel about it, anyway.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Pibo47
lordofultima said:
"We need a new category, until then I don't see why this stuff can't be documented in concepts. That's just how I feel about it, anyway."
Agreed. Idk wtf to call this. Its a thingy tho....yeah.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Snail
lordofultima said:
"We need a new category, until then I don't see why this stuff can't be documented in concepts. That's just how I feel about it, anyway."
Yeah I agree, it is not a concept, but like the Wii Chanels, it should be documented on the website. Maybe a category like... I dunno... Docmuents..?
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Endogene
Snail said:
"lordofultima said:
Yeah I agree, it is not a concept, but like the Wii Chanels, it should be documented on the website. Maybe a category like... I dunno... Docmuents..?"
How about "console specific features" ? Does not really matter what name it is given at the end, all that matters that we will eventually be able to put concepts in categories.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Snail
Endogene said:
"Snail said:
"lordofultima said:
Yeah I agree, it is not a concept, but like the Wii Chanels, it should be documented on the website. Maybe a category like... I dunno... Docmuents..?"
How about "console specific features" ? Does not really matter what name it is given at the end, all that matters that we will eventually be able to put concepts in categories."
I like that. =)