Billy Mitchell & Steve Wiebe

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#1  Edited By Marino  Staff

Okay, I've got a submission in the queue for a Steve Wiebe page.  His argument is that there's a Billy Mitchell page already.  So that got me thinking, is Billy Mitchell credited in anything?  And if not, should he even have a page?  Or should we make exceptions for certain individuals?

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By KamasamaK

There are several Billy Mitchells that have been credited in games, but I'm not sure if any of them are the one you're talking about. I know that currently, you must have at least one game credit to be eligible as a person in the database, which Steve Wiebe does not have as far as I know. Would a policy change like this need staff approval?

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#3  Edited By Marino  Staff
@Kamasama: Being credited is the rule, but I've brought the idea of exceptions to the rule in the past.  No one from staff has made a ruling, which is partly why I'm bringing it up again.  Personally, I believe there are individuals important and/or popular enough to deserve pages even if they're not credited.  My previous example was Doug Lowenstein. 

And we're talking about the Billy Mitchell featured in King of Kong.  On his page, he has games attached, but I'm pretty sure he's not actually credited in those.
Joseppie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Joseppie

This has come up before. There is a Billy Mitchell not affiliated in any way with American flag neck ties and hot sauce that has been credited in games, so a Billy Mitchell page should exist. However, a page for the Billy we all love to hate periodically pops ups and has to be dealt with. As far as I know, he has never actually been credited in a game.

As for a Steve Wiebe page, the same policy would apply. The staff has been very clear where the line is drawn in regards to people pages. If you're credited anywhere, you get a page. If not, you're SOL.