Curious, why are there a bunch of Pokemon under concepts?

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By halberdierv2

shouldn't they be under characters?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

Only if it's a unique character such as Pikachu in Pokémon Yellow. Otherwise they are species, which for now are being classified as concepts.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

The Giant Bomb FAQ Describes characters as "The stars of the games you play, characters must be specifically named, and must display unique personality within either the gameplay or the story of the game to merit a page."

And it descries concepts as "Concepts are the most loosely defined data type, serving as kind of a catch-all for pages and associations that don't currently fit into one of the other data types, such as a race of creatures, a specific in-game event, character abilities, and gameplay characteristics."

By those definitions, Pokemon are most definitely concepts, and not characters.

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By halberdierv2

ok.. but there should allow for more classification of their data (e.g. a place to put in pokedex number, rarity, etc.)

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LordAndrew

That can be placed in their articles, but I imagine that information is probably already in most of them.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

It's the same reason the FFTA and FFTA2 classes are listed as concepts. Even if it does seem sort of ridiculous.

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By halberdierv2
LordAndrew said:
"That can be placed in their articles, but I imagine that information is probably already in most of them."
actually, it isnt. I'll do it another time.
MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
"It's the same reason the FFTA and FFTA2 classes are listed as concepts. Even if it does seem sort of ridiculous."
the only thing is when you have two concepts spelt the same way standing for 2 completely different things (e.g. Soldier and SOLDIER)

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By halberdierv2
LordAndrew said:
"That can be placed in their articles, but I imagine that information is probably already in most of them."
actually, it isnt. I'll do it another time.
MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
"It's the same reason the FFTA and FFTA2 classes are listed as concepts. Even if it does seem sort of ridiculous."
the only thing is when you have two concepts spelt the same way standing for 2 completely different things (e.g. Soldier and SOLDIER)

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LordAndrew
Halberdierv2 said:
"MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
the only thing is when you have two concepts spelt the same way standing for 2 completely different things (e.g. Soldier and SOLDIER)"
That does cause some problems when people add concepts to pages without actually looking at the concept page before adding it. But I try to fix that whenever I see it.