Numerous deletion requests

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#1  Edited By LordAndrew

Various things here: Web-based games, duplicates, compilations, and other stuff that just doesn't belong.

Pages to delete/combine

A list of pages that should be deleted or combined with another page

1. Blockhead The Game

This one's a Flash-based game, despite what the Platform(s) list would have you believe. I guess you could run it on those platforms if you use a web browser available for those platforms, but that's not what the platforms field is for.

2. Blockhead: The Game 2 (working title)

A Flash sequel to the previous Blockhead Flash game. Will not appear on the specified platforms, nor will it actually receive an ESRB rating.

3. Conscience

Character in Blockhead: The Game

4. The Swain

Creator of Blockhead and other Flash animations.

5. Neopets

Web-based game

6. Adventure Quest

Another web-based game

7. MechQuest

Web-based game

8. RuneScape

There was discussion on this topic, and it seemed to suggest deletion.

9. Runescape Classic

There was discussion on this topic, and it seemed to suggest deletion.

10. Stick Arena Ballistick

"free online flash game"

11. Monster Hunter Freedom 2G

This one was here first, but the Monster Hunter Freedom Unite page has a lot more information.

12. Family Mini Golf

Family Golf Putter was created first and has more info.

13. Elektra

Mobile game

14. Dead Space 2

Oops. Looks like it's already been announced.

15. Rugby

An EA Sports Rugby page was later created and actually used.

16. Half-Life: Decay

Included in the PS2 version of Half-Life; not a stand-alone title.

17. Login Software

This is a company.

18. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona

19. Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising

Duplicate

20. zOMG!

Gaia Online web-based game

21. Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! 2: Time To Tighten Up Security!

Duplicate of Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaikida Or 2. See this thread.

22. Army Men: Gold (Collector's Edition)

Delete for the second time...

23. Army Men: Value Pack

Same situation here: a compilation

24. Army Men: War Chest

Same situation here: a compilation

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Karl_Boss

18 should stay....it is an updated version as well as a version of a game that was intially released on a different platform.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By StarFoxA
@Unknown_Pleasures said:
" 18 should stay....it is an updated version as well as a version of a game that was intially released on a different platform. "
If Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions or the Final Fantasy IV remakes don't get their own pages, then the Persona PSP version shouldn't get its own either.
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Karl_Boss

They should also have there own pages
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LordAndrew

Being a port does not automatically mean it gets a new page. You could claim that it contains additional content, but it really doesn't. It contains all the original content, including the stuff that was removed in Atlus USA's initial localization. The page also makes reference to new voice acting, new cutscenes, and a new soundtrack, but none of those are significant changes that would justify a new page. And the "enhanced interface"? Also trivial. That's the sort of thing that you'd expect when a game moves from a console to a handheld, or a console to the PC, or even in some cases a console to another console.

FuzzYLemoN's justification for creating the page was that if Persona 3 Portable gets a page, SMT: Persona should also get a page. But P3 FES and P3P both contain significant changes to the original game, and SMT: Persona does not.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Karl_Boss
@LordAndrew: You make good points.....however, why is it that compilations that are released on different platforms then what the original games were released on get their own pages?....shouldn't this be treated the same way?
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LordAndrew
@Unknown_Pleasures: Because the games within the compilation were never made available separately on that system. You can't pick up a copy of Team Fortress 2 on the Xbox 360 or PS3; it simply doesn't exist in stand-alone form. You can buy Persona on the PSP though, and it is essentially the same game you could buy on the PlayStation.
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Karl_Boss
@LordAndrew: I'm not really getting what your saying.....and Team Fortress 2 on the Xbox 360 via Orange Box is exactly the same game on the PC as well as Half-Life 2 and its episodes.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LordAndrew
@Unknown_Pleasures: But you can't buy Team Fortress 2 on the Xbox 360. It's part of a compilation. Compilations are different from normal games. That's why their rules for inclusion don't apply here. A game is a collection of releases. It's a port of a PlayStation game, so it shares a page with the PlayStation version.
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Karl_Boss
@LordAndrew: I see what your saying.....but wouldn't a compilation page just contained rehashed information from the titles it contains?....I don't see the point of having them.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#11  Edited By Hailinel
@LordAndrew said:
" Being a port does not automatically mean it gets a new page. You could claim that it contains additional content, but it really doesn't. It contains all the original content, including the stuff that was removed in Atlus USA's initial localization. The page also makes reference to new voice acting, new cutscenes, and a new soundtrack, but none of those are significant changes that would justify a new page. And the "enhanced interface"? Also trivial. That's the sort of thing that you'd expect when a game moves from a console to a handheld, or a console to the PC, or even in some cases a console to another console.

FuzzYLemoN's justification for creating the page was that if Persona 3 Portable gets a page, SMT: Persona should also get a page. But P3 FES and P3P both contain significant changes to the original game, and SMT: Persona does not. "
So what, in your mind, constitutes significant change?  You can't just hand-pick what stays and what goes based on whims.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LordAndrew
@Hailinel: There was a previous Persona PSP page, and that too was deleted. I think if the staff felt it was significant enough to split, they would have done so. Instead they kept it confined to a single page. They know what this port entails, and they decided it didn't deserve a separate page. That's not my decision at all. I'm not hand-picking anything.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187

Rayman Advance doesn't have its own page for the same reasons that Persona PSP doesn't have its own page.  We can understand what you are trying to say, Unknown_Pleasures.  You look at it as being a separate platform, so it should constitute a new page.  That's not the case, however. 

A better way of looking at it would be to look at Lost Planet vs. Lost Planet: Colonies.  Colonies featured significant changes to the multiplayer component, and it is very much a different kind of game from its original.  It also added new modes for the single player, making the game significantly more.  In turn, it gets its own page.   

However, if you look at Resident Evil 4, both the Wii and PS2 versions are listed within the general RE4 page, as the two additional iterations didn't honestly do much to change the game.  The PS2 version added a couple of extra features, but they weren't necessarily new modes or anything.  The Wii version simply changed the game's controls to a motion-sensitive setup. 

Persona PSP falls into the case of RE4 - there are changes, but they aren't massive game-altering things.  They are simply features.  New voice acting, new cutscenes, one extra quest line, new soundtrack...these things don't constitute a separate game page.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By KamasamaK
@jakob187 said:

" The PS2 version added a couple of extra features, but they weren't necessarily new modes or anything. "

Separate Ways was necessarily a new mode in which you played as Ada with some unique weapons/tools. As for the main game, Leon's added outfit was purely aesthetic as far as I can remember, but Ashley's armor affected her defense. And there was also a new weapon added. I don't know if that stuff (plus several other tweaks I didn't bother to mention) justifies a separate page, but I think all the changes combined could be considered fairly significant to the gameplay.

Regarding the Persona port, the stuff I read didn't give a good indication of the significance of the extra content. For example, Kotaku's review said:

" With the older features of the game mostly revamped and redone, Atlus still went ahead and added extra content, with new dungeon levels and puzzles to explore. Perhaps the biggest addition is the Snow Queen scenario, left out of the North American PlayStation release, which changes the very course of the game. It's a relatively huge new feature for U.S. fans, delivering an entirely different way to finish the game. "

So it's been established that this Snow Queen scenario, while significant, was included in the original Japanese release. But what was said prior to that could be significant as well, particularly the "new dungeon levels and puzzles". However, I have not played through the games to compare so I can't say for sure what those are. I do know there are added difficulty levels for whatever that's worth.
jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#15  Edited By jeff

Any differences between the PSP and PS1 releases of Persona seem like they could be explained away in a paragraph or two on a wiki page. But I think we should probably get a view from someone who has played significant amounts of both before we act on it. Anyone know anyone that fits that description?

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Jeff said:
" Any differences between the PSP and PS1 releases of Persona seem like they could be explained away in a paragraph or two on a wiki page. "
Would this apply to any games? We've got games like Persona 3, Persona 3 FES and Persona 3 Portable along with Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy War of the Lions (which is the PSP port). Some of us has some trouble trying to decide whether each game should get a seperate page of it's own or simply have a subsection in one page describing the ports and remakes. Unfortunatly there's no official guideline to this so it's all a little blurry when it comes to ports, remakes or expansions. Is it possible for you guys to decide on that?
tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By tmthomsen

Number 16 should stay I think. Half-Life Decay exists as a free mod for Half-Life, so I guess it deserves it's own page when other mods do.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LordAndrew
@TMThomsen: I'm not quite clear on the criteria for mods, but I've seen others deleted. The only way to guarantee a mod can be kept is if it's actually sold or made available on Steam, which is not the case here. It's a mod that has no official affiliation with Valve.

You may be able to make a case for the PS2 version of Half-Life having its own page because it includes Decay, but my understanding is that Decay itself should not have a dedicated page.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By natetodamax

Why should the Runescape page be deleted?

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By iamjohn
@natetodamax said:
" Why should the Runescape page be deleted? "
Last time we discussed this, the reason was because it's a browser-based game with a miniscule-to-no downloadable client portion, if I remember correctly.  But then again, I'm not too sure why we'd get rid of that and not something like, say for example, Battlefield Heroes.