Page for a game within a game?

risseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By risseless

Would it be acceptable to create a game page for a game that is played within another game? For example, in System Shock 2 there is a personal gaming device called a GamePIG. This device had games of its own that you can play withing SS2, incluing an Ultima-like RPG called Overworld Zero. Would it be acceptable to create a game page for Overworld Zero? It's a game in and of itself, and is not some little gimic -- it's a full RPG and can actually be completed. Obviously, allowing this would open up some interesting problems, like what would the platform be, GamePIG? But I thought I'd at least ask. 

Interesting note: Overworld Zero was so popular among the SS2 fans that someone ported it from the source code into a standalone java game. =)

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By BeachThunder

I remember playing with the gamepig for a while (mostly minesweeper), then getting rid of it because it was taking up too much space in my inventory D:

Anyway, I don't think any of the games warrant their own page but you could just write about them on the gamepig object page.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

No, they've never been released on a real platform, so they don't get pages. They can be effectively documented on the System Shock 2 page, the Metagame page, and/or the GamePIG page.

risseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By risseless

That's what I figured, but it never hurts to ask. The GamePIG page is a good place for it. I can't seem to find enough information on the games made available for it to start a good write-up, though. I think I hit the end of the Internets. =/

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@risseless: You could always play the games, and write about them from that. And if there is little information available elsewhere on the internets, you'd be turning Giant Bomb into the definitive source for information on the GamePIG. How awesome would that be?
risseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By risseless
@MattyFTM said:
" @risseless: You could always play the games, and write about them from that. And if there is little information available elsewhere on the internets, you'd be turning Giant Bomb into the definitive source for information on the GamePIG. How awesome would that be? "
That's the idea, but my gaming schedule is way too full right now for research. =P  Plus, a friend borrowed it. Maybe I'll get him to take some notes for me...