Saving a Blog Post to Edit Later

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By ChrisTaran

This crossed my mind as I started working on a blog post while at work (during a break!), but having the ability to be able to save your blog post, without publishing it, in order to come back to it later to complete would be a very convenient and desirable feature.

As I was writing my post, I realized it was becoming more ambitious than I had originally thought and would love to be able to save it, come back to it at a later time (say, after work) in order to really be able to focus on and enhance it more before putting it out there for the general public.

Would something like this be possible?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

You could store drafts in an unpublished guide perhaps.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By DeF

I just wanted to suggest the same thing.

Yesterday, I wanted to add info about the retail release of Red Dead's Undead Nightmare pack and then my cat decided to jump onto my desktop and and push some random buttons which caused a freeze-up of the wiki page for some weird reason (no way to "undo" anything). About 40minutes of work were for naught.

How about officially implying a "save to draft" feature similar to what www.discogs.com uses for its editing? Manually posting edits in blogs or unpublished guides seems like an unconvenient workaround.

I think this feature would be much appreciated by anybody willing to make bigger wiki edits.

cheers!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King
This should work. The only problem I've found is that videos don't save well.
cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By cornbredx

When I write my blog posts I write the draft in Word first. This makes sure I have it saved in case something happens. I don't know if this works for you, but its a suggestion. You could also use a notepad text to, doesnt have to be fancy. Can go back to it and make more proper formatting and edits later. Just a thought.