• 68 results
borklund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Fellow Duder-Guardians on PS4!

Vault of Glass has now opened and myself and two other Lincoln Force EU members that I've gotten to know over the past week are looking to form a raid group, starting today. To be able to get into Vault of Glass in the first place you have to be at least Level 24 and in order to have any chance of success we also want you to have a headset (or at least a microphone) because apparently the Vault of Glass is no joke.

Hit me up on PSN (BorklundSE) and send me a message so we can get a raid going as fast as possible!

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

Well im up for it, but only lvl 25 atm, rng kinda halted my gear grind for a while now.

borklund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know that feeling - I've had extremely bad luck with engrams and I also neglected to grind reputation by way of doing bounties daily, so I'm sort of stuck at level 24 for now. Anyway, the raid can be entered if you are at least level 24 so you're good to go. Add me on your friends list and/or let me know your PSN id!

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti

@borklund: You're already on my friends list. Having watched the first boss fight I really don't think you can afford to have anyone under 26 in your group as damage dealing and tankiness matters a great deal, and for each level under 26 you will be doing less and taking more, and there are a lot of strict timers on things needing to get killed as well as fire headed your way while you try to dodge it.

If you are up for it, i've started grinding the Nexus pre boss spawn yesterday and had some good luck with drops in terms of numbers at least, if not decryptions. It seems like the most efficient way to farm drops atm.

borklund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By borklund

Oh, okay, I've not been paying close enough attention to my ever growing friends list it seems. I sort of agree with you but simultaneously the raid encounters and puzzles seem to be less about frantic combat where you're constantly fighting overwhelming numbers of bullet sponge enemies and more about tactical nous and, well, solving puzzles. Also, having been both a raid member and a raid leader in World of Warcraft for going on almost a decade I can tell you that 10 times out of 10 I would pick someone with slightly less than ideal damage/healing output/tankiness but who can easily grasp raid tactics and follow instructions over someone who has fully decked out best in slot gear but who has trouble catching on or following instructions. But of course you're right, having the appropriate level (meaning gear) is better than not, but I'd still like to give it a try and experience it.

supermulletman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi @borklund, I'm JackOverflow on PSN, we played a few strikes together. I think i'm only around lvl 22 at the moment, but once I'm high enough I'll definitely be up for the vault. If you're still looking for a team in a few days, hopefully I'll have caught up.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tennmuerti

@borklund: oops i guess i was mistaken, sent you one.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Maybe later, I'm nowhere near level 20, let alone 26+ :)

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

SpaceKangaroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

I'm up for it. Level 26.

PSN:SpaceKangaroo

Would be interested to give it a try this weekend.

mobellini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'd also be up for it on the weekend. Level 25 right now, should be 26 before the weekend.

PSN: mobellini

borklund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By borklund

Alright okay, there's interest, good. Waiting till the weekend also sounds smart, so everyone can level up some more and there'll be more information about the raid encounters out there. I'll compile a list of PSN IDs when we get closer to the weeken then send out messages to everyone to try to settle for a specific time during the weekend.

If you haven't already, I suggest you all read this raiding Q&A

borklund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By borklund

Wow, okay, that was more difficult than I thought it would be. Six of us tried to just do the initial part where you have to unlock the actual raid dungeon itself, but we weren't able to. I was right about there being fewer enemies in general and raids being more about tactics, but the few enemies that spawn at you were still bloody hard to kill, even for the level 26s in the fireteam. We're going to wait a few days so that everyone can get to at least level 26 and get fully upgraded legendary/exotic weapons, because it seems necessary. Also, bring at least one weapon that does void damage.

More raid info here

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@splurge: No they weren't. They were: 28x3, 27, 26x2.

Speaking of such things, I'm now level 26.

Splurge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@crash_happy: Woops my bad.

My point was though, I thought it would be a case of needing lvl 28s to achieve beating it. :)

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@splurge: But it's already been beaten by at least one group that wasn't all 28. Of course it would be better to have a higher average level, that's obvious.

borklund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By borklund

I'm now nearly 26 and I know at least two people who are 27 nearing 28. We're going to see where people are at during the weekend and then go from there. Obviously with what we know now, 26 is the absolute minimum and it would be better if we had at least a group average of 27. Regardless, it's not going to be an attempt to clear it all in one go like those hardcore raiders have done over the last few days. I'd be well chuffed if we get the first boss down before the reset on Tuesday. See you in-game later this week!

@crash_happy are you on my friends list?

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@borklund: I am indeed.

One of many problems of course is that in many ways, nearing the next level is meaningless. You're waiting for rare drops after all rather than xp to come in. Darn it. Overall when I'm staring at my gear I don't feel like I'm making progress, or even have a strategy to do so.

Also I thought that upgrading armour increased the light level whereas I seem to have upgraded a piece and had no such effect. Darn this game on so many levels.

Anyway back on topic having as high an average level as you can muster seems very sensible. Are you thinking that the first go will be a scouting run to see the first boss?

LionsLinden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a level 25 Titan Defender right now so send me a friend request do to raids n stuff. PSN id is ehrbaer

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay!

We started on the raid proper today as everyone got decently geared up.

First boss is down!

borklund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was a lot of fun! We're on the last phase of the last boss, woohoo! Tomorrow he is going down. Thanks to everyone involved.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@borklund

I'd be interested in this but it looks like you already have a full raiding group. I'm 24 Hunter at the moment, can buy another bit of vanguard gear to probably get to 25/26 with the Queens gear. I've been trying to organize a group via the group forum, but nobody seems to use it (I can't say I blame them).

If there's a spot for me add me on PSN: Tuimic.

supermulletman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey @jesus_phish, I'm a level 24 titan. Currently trying to grind out rep until I can buy vanguard and crucible gear. I'd be interested in trying VoG once I level up enough. My PSN is JackOverflow.

borklund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By borklund

WE DID IT!

Vault of Glass cleared! (Are we the first GB clan group to beat it?) Massive thanks to everyone involved, that was so much fun. Destiny is not a perfect game but the end game raid content is some of the best I've ever played in any MMO or MMO like game.

No Caption Provided

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@borklund: Well done! How long did it take, all together?

borklund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By borklund

thanks @gkhan! I'd say it took about 6-7 hours, spread out over 2 days. Yesterday we breezed through the first two thirds of the whole thing, ending on the last phase of the last boss, and tonight was just that last bit - albeit a very difficult one. You have to be damn near flawless throughout the entire encounter. It was so much fun though, I can't wait for Bungie to add more raids like this one.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@borklund: you guys should invite @brad and make it a livestream. Or, rather, @brad should take this opportunity to make a livestream of him running the vault of glass together with the community!

Refugee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It took two nights, about six hours all said and done I think? Although about an hour of that was me being terrible at a relatively basic jumping puzzle.

But at least we are finally not trapped in the dark corners of time!

kicker1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kicker1991

Here is another photo for posterity. The raid is most certainly worth the wait and the only truly troubling spot is certainly the final boss. now to gear up for level 30......

No Caption Provided

Also i was totally the only one in our party who didn't get an armor shader......

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is another photo for posterity. The raid is most certainly worth the wait and the only truly troubling spot is certainly the final boss. now to gear up for level 30......

Also i was totally the only one in our party who didn't get an armor shader......

Yeah but you've also got what is probably the most practically useful reward of the entire raid :P

A - fast fire / low dmg / large mag - type assault rifle with the best possible perk unlocks combo i've ever seen more damage in the bottom mag half and either a bigger mag or more stability or faster reload; all useful. It's also the first primary weapon I've ever seen that has an elemental damage type (void no less), that's an effin huuuge bonus.

Also goddammit! Why did nobody tell me my pose looked so out of kilter to everyone else from the other angles, it aligned perfectly on my screen :/

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice one guys. I got to level 25 last night and I'm a hair away from from 26 so hopefully I can join some of you next time.

supermulletman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By supermulletman

Hey, I'm level 27 now and was wondering if theres peeps planning on doing the raid this week that I could jump in with. @jesus_phish you up for it?

onikagei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By onikagei

Would definitely be up for trying the raid out on my Titan, he's sat at 28 with nothing but farming ahead at the moment.

if anyone does want take the initiative and gather enough Duders to do another run let me know.

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By azrailx

i just beat the raid yesterday but didnt get the light gear, which unless im wrong should be given after the first time you beat the raid

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

so fyi its glitched and might not be worth beating until bungie fixes...

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@onikagei: @supermulletman: @jesus_phish: I'm level 26 Defender. Sounds like you guys want to do the Raid and so do I. Obviously, I'm a bit low level for it, but I want to try it anyway. If you guys are in, we only need two more guys.

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By azrailx

@zevvion: if i am on I am also willing to help, some of the trial and error parts of the raid can be very tedious otherwise...

psn: azrailx

but again the countdown timer for the final boss is glitched right now...

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

supermulletman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, we could always use destinylfg.net or something to find a sixth player. Or we could group up and then try and convince someone from a friends list to join. What kinda time/day suits you guys? I should be free most of this week, around 7pm to 10pm GMT.

SpetsNutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SpetsNutz

If you still need a 6th I finally got to 26 last night, so feel free to add me.

Psn is SpetsNutz

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can be around tonight, about 8pm UK time and tomorrow from about 7pm UK time.

supermulletman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, so that's 6 then. @onikagei@zevvion@azrailx@spetsnutz@jesus_phish We say 8pm UK time tonight? I'll add you guys to my friends list and try to make a fire team, sound good? My PSN is JackOverflow. Not sure If I have some of you on my friends list already or not, so if you could reply here with your PSN or PM me that would be great.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-63cd1d94cd2f9
deactivated-63cd1d94cd2f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

If there is any groups looking for more duders, I'd be up for some raiding too. Level 27 Warlock. Feel free, (PS4) PSN: Misantrooppi

borklund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By borklund

@reuski: We've got one or two absences for the raid tonight, we'd love to have you along. I'll add you on PSN in a bit. The raid starts 21.00 GMT/UK time.

mrflibble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@borklund: If you need to fill anymore absences I'm going to be on tonight. Level 27 hunter PSN:LCoben

borklund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By borklund

@mrflibble: Brilliant! Sent a friend request your way.