Christmas has been cancelled - Doom Eternal delayed to March 2020

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By glots

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-10-08-doom-eternal-delayed-until-march-2020

I mean, I know a delay is good and gives the devs time to fix all the problems and stuff, but maaaaaan, if this wasn't the one game I was really looking forward to this whole year. A really hefty delay too and kind of a bummer that it's going to now share a month with a bunch of other games I'm excited for, but no can do I suppose. Guess I'm now really hoping that Outer Worlds and Jedi Order (and maybe Death Stranding...) are really going to rock my world and keep me happy for the remaining months.

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would rather wait and have the game preform better but man this is a big let down so close to release

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Heartbreak.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By militantfreudian

I thought it was fortuitous that the game's – I guess now, original – release date coincided with my annual leave. The delay feels doubly disappointing as a result. It was the game for me this year, too, so I feel you. The first few months of 2020 were already jam-packed with high-profile video game releases.

BonelessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BonelessSpirit

I don't mind. Remember the delays for games in the late 90s and early 2000s? They used to be much fucking worse. This isn't too much of a wait.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Thats fine, it's weird, Doom Eternal is a game I know i'm going to like but i'm not that hyped to play it.

Death Stranding on the other hand is game I might hate that i'm way more interested in. Hell i'm more excited for Shenmue 3 honestly, i'm not sure what the hell's wrong with me.

Lajiaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly this gives me more time to play other games I'm interested in.

But now March 2020 is a ridiculously stacked month. FFVIIR, Animal Crossing, Cyberpunk, and now DOOM.

kmolyneaux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, I'm glad they're taking the time they need, but it's a bit of a bummer. It means next spring is looking even more savage, but it also means one fewer game this fall. This is shaping up to be one of the most barren holiday seasons I can remember. Aside from Death Stranding and maybe the new Star Wars game, I don't think there's anything I'm looking forward to for the rest of the year.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Take your time.

Get it right.

I already don’t have time to play half the games I want to. I probably wouldn’t get to Doom until 2020 or 2021 anyhow.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not only is it delayed, the pvp invasion stuff has been delayed to post release too, which seems wild to me. I'd sooner they just delay it enough that it was there for launch.

I hope it makes for a better game, and I'd sooner a delay than a mess, but I'm wondering what went wrong.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By liquiddragon
ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

WAT.

Dammit! This was *the one* for me this year. The big one that made up for (what was for me) a drag of a year in game releases. Not that nothing good has come out, we got some bangers, but most of them weren't in my wheelhouse. And with BL3 out, what does that leave for the rest of the year that I'm interested in? A new Binding of Isaac expansion, I guess?

Well, shit. Like it's been said, at least it'll get some extra time in the oven. I just hope it can compete with all the other huge names dropping around that time.

Either way, I'm sure they have a damn good reason to delay this close to release, and whatever this reason is, I'd like to not suffer it on launch day and sour my experience. So yeah, I'm super disappointed, but I guess it's only 5 months.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Like others have said, take the time to make the game as good as it can be.. but man that suuuucks. I was really looking forward to it this year.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

That's okay :)

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was also my most looked forward to game of the year. Ah well. 2020 is stupidly loaded with great looking games now.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

Despite DOOM Eternal having been easily my most anticipated game of this year, this delay feels good to me. Now this year's other games can compete on a more level playing field, with some room to breathe. And DOOM gets to play with the big boys in 2020. Next year is really shaping up to be a banner year, between a monster stack of games and next gen consoles arriving.

warius87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 24

More time for Death Stranding then. I was going to spend only two weeks on Kojima's latest, then to rip and tear until New Year. Now with the new DOOM out next year, the rest of my year might be spent on that wasteland.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no reason to do a GOTY special anymore.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Haha. I am really excited, especially how Doom 2016 was sooo good, and kind out of nowhere with their no pre-release press reviews or even a ton of previews.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@ghost_cat said:

The Outer Worlds might say otherwise.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

I'm pretty good with this. At least it's not waiting for eight fucking years like its predecessor, and if I get Doom 64 for pre-ordering? Fuck yessss.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Trying to finish Doom 2016 right now...so if nothing else, it gives me some extra time to catch up!