• 154 results
Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Jeffsekai

But I thought last year was the year of the PS3?

fillmoejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 28

#52  Edited By fillmoejoe

It's always the "Year of the PS3", with that said this lineup is very impressive although it's a little shooter heavy with games like Killzone 3, Resistance 3 and SOCOM 4.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By rentfn

This really has been a headline the past three years. Each new year it comes back up...does that mean we haven't had a year of the PS3 yet??

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By imsh_pl
@rentfn said:
" This really has been a headline the past three years. Each new year it comes back up...does that mean we haven't had a year of the PS3 yet?? "
It can as well mean that every year was the year of the PS3 ;)
cgoodno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By cgoodno

Why do people desire to declare some sort of victory for a single console when in the end the biggest winners are always gamers, especially those who aren't anchored down to a single platform and can enjoy multiple ones for the great games that they provide?

As with every year, the real winners are the gamers, who are given new games to play and enjoy, regardless of their platform of choice.

@KaosAngel said:

" At the end though, from a business perspective, PS3 users just don't buy games. "
Actually, in the last two years, the difference in attach rate for video game sales on the two has shrunk a lot.  Though, it is true that the Xbox 360 sells more shooter games in general due to the strength of XBL, including their exclusive shooters, other titles tend to sell just as well or more on the PS3.
Xanth93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#56  Edited By Xanth93
@wwfundertaker said:
" 2011 the year of the multi-platform/ "
No, 2010 was the year for multi-platform. Giant Bomb awarded a multi-platform game Game of the Year. GameSpot did the same with a multi-platform for the first time ever.

2011 is the year of the sequels. I have only heard of sequels coming out next year and barely any new titles. PS3 looks like it's going to have the most exclusives, all which look like quality games. The demo for LittleBigPlanet 2 was amazing. I hope the main game is just as good.
gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By gamb1t
@Turducken said:
" @Rhaknar said:
" @cjmabry said:
" @Rhaknar said:
" ive been hearing "year of the ps3" for like 3 years in a row now :p "
Same here, and then I've looked at the list of upcoming games and what the PS3 had to offer and shrugged. Now it seems Sony is doing so many things right, and the list looks darn good. "
if you want a serious anwser, what are you looking for? "year of the" exclusive games wise? than the ps3 has been the best compared to the 360 for a long time now.  
 It has?  When was this?  Because, frankly, my Xbox gets a lot more playtime with exclusives then my PS3.  Things like Mass Effect 2, Halo: Reach, Fable III, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell: Conviction, and Crackdown 2 got tons of playtime for me.  The PS3... well, there was God of War III.  Every other game for the PS3 was either a cross-platform game (where Xbox Live is far superior online than PSN) or a disappointment to me (GT5 was worse than Forza 3, even after taking FOREVER, and Heavy Rain, while interesting, was not FUN - in my opinion).  PS3 may have MORE exclusives each year, but the Xbox has more GOOD exclusives.  Also, I bet that MS is waiting until CES next week to drop the "exclusives" bomb and detail all the exclusives they haven't mentioned yet (probably because they are mostly new IPs, and they don't want to overhype them in case they don't turn out well).  Plus, due to the vast superiority of XBL, the Xbox garners far more attention from cross-platform games, meaning that exclusives aren't necessary to push the Xbox like they are the PS3. "
they see you trollin straight HATIN!!!
Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By Surkov

When was XCOM announced  as a 360/PC only game? 

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By grilledcheez

I thought MS announced games at E3?

Rebirth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By Rebirth1337

I own all current systems and a nice pc so looks like this is the year of a video gamer...

NarcolepticBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By NarcolepticBat

I think the wars kind of over now mate. I've started playing my pc again instead of my xbox or ps3

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Warfare
@TooWalrus said:
" What the fuck, I though 2009 was the year of the PS3? "
That was a good year.
Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By Sooty

People said the year of the PS3 would be 2008, then 2009, then 2010. 

Who gives a shit.

tofford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#64  Edited By tofford

PS3 does look strong this year but I could take a handful out of your list without loosing any I care about like Yakuza and Motorstorm. I guess we will have to wait till E3 to know for sure I must admit I hate it when PS3 looks strong because I don't have one but I have always wanted to play the uncharted games.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#65  Edited By galiant
@DystopiaX said:
" @cjmabry: It's been like this for several years. They've said for the past 2 years now in the GOTY discussion that exclusives were never the 360's strengths, but that a lot of the multiplatform games tend to be better/made for 360 primarily (bayonetta comes to mind). idk...I play 360 more b/c all my friends have one, but a lot of the ps3 exclusives are nice. As for the lineup, I think it's as good/maybe a bit better than the 09 lineup, which was the strongest yet imo. The thing is, a lot of the 09 games were new franchises (LBP, inFamous), or games that hadn't appeared in a while (killzone), whereas your list looks like a lot of sequels/sequels to those games (infamous 2, Uncharted 3, etc.) "
This has been bothering me for a while. I get to play many great games with my PC/PS3 combo, but since PS3 got such a sloppy port of Bayonetta I can't convince myself to pick it up. Damn shame.
Xanth93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Xanth93

I'm glad I have all four systems (yes, I'm pulling the Wii into this) so I can play everything.

cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By cjmabry
@cgoodno said:

" Why do people desire to declare some sort of victory for a single console when in the end the biggest winners are always gamers, especially those who aren't anchored down to a single platform and can enjoy multiple ones for the great games that they provide?

As with every year, the real winners are the gamers, who are given new games to play and enjoy, regardless of their platform of choice.

@KaosAngel said:

" At the end though, from a business perspective, PS3 users just don't buy games. "
Actually, in the last two years, the difference in attach rate for video game sales on the two has shrunk a lot.  Though, it is true that the Xbox 360 sells more shooter games in general due to the strength of XBL, including their exclusive shooters, other titles tend to sell just as well or more on the PS3. "
I know it's going to be a good year for gamers. But I don't want to spend cash on a 360, PS3, Wii, AND PC if I'm not getting enough value out of each system. If it seems like I'm gonna get more value out of a PS3, then that's what I'll get. If it seems I'll get more out of a 360, that's what I'll get. It's not about declaring which system is the best. To me, as of this lineup, the 360 is getting getting harder and harder for me to hold onto. 

@Xanth93 said:
" I'm glad I have all four systems (yes, I'm pulling the Wii into this) so I can play everything. "
That's definitely the best way to go if you can afford it.
Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Aus_azn

I just got rid of my 360 for a PS3. The only thing I'm waiting for now on the left is Uncharted 3, on the right I would be waiting for Forza 4 and PGR5...Shows how I made my choice solely based on last year. But it was worth it IMO.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By meteora

I probably should have got a PS3 instead of a 360 simply because their exclusives interest me more than the 360 ones. 

But really the platforms are becoming much more multiplatform that exclusives are starting to not become a major selling point behind consoles.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Gizmo

There are 5 PS3 games that I want to buy this year, compared to the 2 360 games ( RDR & Reach) that I bought in 2010. I'm finally going to be dusting the old dust-station off and updating that firmware!

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Afroman269

360 will be strong too. Overall it will be a fantastic year for videogames. Fuck off fanboys.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By KaosAngel

Gears 3 can easily outsell all those games combined so the point is moot.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By zero_

I'm quite worried at the number of "This one game will sell 10x than the other ones combined so you lose" posts. I thought gaming was about having fun with a lot of different great games, not sales.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By KaosAngel
@Zero_: Dude I am in no way a 360 fanboy, just trying to figure out why the attach rate for PS3 users is so much lower than 360.  I will more than likely pick up half those games, and as everyone here will confirm...I fucking hate XBL.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By jkz

Maybe. But in truth, I own all the consoles and a good gaming PC, and if a game's available on all 3, I always pick the 360 or PC, because the community features on the 360 appeal to me (and, if it's a multi-player game, that's where my friends play), and because I far prefer the 360's controller to the dualshock, and my Mouse and Keyboard to both. 

So even if I play more exclusives on my PS3, I'll play more games on my 360.

Avatar image for shadowknight508
ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76  Edited By ShadowKnight508

2011 game-wise will/should be better for the PS3 (judging by the list in the OP) than the XB360. 2011 looks to be the year that the PS3 finally gets great console-exclusive games.

cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By cjmabry
@KaosAngel said:

" Gears 3 can easily outsell all those games combined so the point is moot. "

Sales are moot to me. 

EDIT: On a totally unrelated note, did you know moot could mean "open to discussion" and "of little or no practical meaning?" WTF? Contradiction much?
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By RE_Player1

The Last Guardian is not coming out this year...

TheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#79  Edited By TheKing
@Rhaknar said:
" ive been hearing "year of the ps3" for like 3 years in a row now :p "
I was going to say the same thing.
dragonzord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By dragonzord
@Afroman269 said:
" 360 will be strong too. Overall it will be a fantastic year for videogames. Fuck off fanboys. "
Bob Ross paints a perfect picture
Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#81  Edited By gingertastic_10

I'm a 100% PS3 dude. But I bet 90% of those games won't come out in 2011.

dragonzord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By dragonzord

I just use my 360 to play with relatives and friends. System's not too impressive when you have a decent PC.  

That said, I always go with the 360 versions of console exclusives. And the only reason I really have a PS3 is for Yakuza and Infamous.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#83  Edited By Jayross

Yup, the PS3 has a shitload of titles in 2011, that's why I bought one a few weeks ago. 

I'm ready!

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By hockeymask27

Could be. Just like to say exclusives dont equal good games. See Fable 3 That being said come on SOCOM 4 plz be good. I want to love Socom again so bad. Desert Glory for lIfe

tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#85  Edited By tactis

Like every single "year of the ps3", 70% of those games will get delayed and we will end up with a year just like any year. Exclusives dont really mean much this gen, I bought a ps3 3 weeks ago, and I have Infamous, God of War 3 and Uncharted 2, the last exclusive I sort of want is heavy rain after that I see myself buying Infamous 2 and Last Guardian, and probably the team ICO collection for the entire year, for my 360 I see myself buying a ton of multiplats, Gears 3 and Forza 4.
Zlimness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Zlimness

You forgot about  Dr Kawashima's Body and Brain Exercises. Exclusive for the Xbox 360. Old people have been waiting forever on this anticipated title. I bet.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#89  Edited By zidd

Hasn't it been the year of the ps3 for like 3 years now?

DarkTravesty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#90  Edited By DarkTravesty
@Zidd said:
" Hasn't it been the year of the ps3 for like 3 years now? "
yeah? how about that.
bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By bibledoctor

Well I own both consoles, so I don't have to defend whatever console my mommy bought me. 

Fucking console wars.

Belmont_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Belmont_Shadow

this is coming from a 360 fan...PS3's 2011 lineup looks sick. A lot better than 360's but i own a Ps3 which is good. Last guardian alone makes it Ps3's year.

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#93  Edited By LegalBagel

It continues to be the year for multiplatform releases, especially given the huge flops of Move and Kinect.  Uncharted, Infamous and Gears are the only exclusives that interest me, but there are probably 3 or 4 times as many multiplatform games I'm keeping an eye on or will definitely be getting.

I'd say you're probably leaving out some inevitably great exclusive XBLA releases, which is where I get the most value out of Xbox as an "exclusive" platform these days, but really in these days the fanboy wars are dead.  Nothing compared to the SNES/Genesis days.  SNES for life.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By xyzygy

Some of those PS3 games will be delayed, and there will be more things announced for the 360. It's just how Sony and MS always so things - Sony announces early, MS announces late.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Clonedzero

theres only like 3 games on both of those lists that i'd care about.

its the year of the multiplatform because exclusives are dumb. i hate exclusives, not because of fanboyism or anything like that. i have a xbox360 and im not going to get a PS3 unless i somehow find myself with gross amounts of extra money which is highly unlikely. since the 360 and ps3 share a catalog of most games, i dont mind this, but when i find out a game i'd like is on the PS3 that bums me out, im sure theres people in the reverse situation. having a PS3 and seeing a 360 exclusive they'd like but cant get it since they don't want to waste money on another console taht does pretty much the same thing.

and again, i'll state i have nothing against the PS3, hell i'd love one but i only have a 360 and it bums me out i can't play a bunch of great looking PS3 games.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Getz

Every year is the goddamned year of the PS3, according to Sony. They cried wolf a few too many times and now no one's gonna believe 'em if it turns out to be true. One cannot judge success by the number of exclusives lined up at the start of the year, because I guarantee you Elder Scrolls is gonna sell more on 360. There's too many factors to take in to account, which can't be summarized neatly in a little chart. Only at the end of the year will we know if this was the "year of the ps3" 

Does it matter?

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Burns098356GX

To be honest, many of those PS3 games seem pretty unremarkable on almost every level.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#98  Edited By Jeust

I think this discussion boils down to one point: the different philosophies adopted concerning public relations and advertising. 

Sony announces games years away from the launch.  

Microsoft normally announces games near the release date. 

So the original post, is just for gushing and fanboy reassurance. We only have certainty of how it pans out, when the moment comes. 

coryrx8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By coryrx8
@Jeust said:

"I think this discussion boils down to one point: the different philosophies adopted concerning public relations and advertising.  Sony announces games years away from the launch.   Microsoft normally announces games near the release date.  So the original post, is just for gushing and fanboy reassurance. We only have certainty of how it pans out, when the moment comes.  "

This. I remember looking at Microsoft's list of exclusives at the beginning of 2010 and thinking that last year would be the year that I would end up playing more on my PS3 than I would on Xbox. Didn't happen. Microsoft had a great year last year (even if you despise Kinect) and they'll have another great one this year. I prefer Microsoft's approach to PR just because they don't run into situations like Sony did in Q4 2010, where all of their heavily hyped titles fell off into 2011 (with the notable exception of GT5).
cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By cjmabry

So many of you are missing the point. It's not about what sells better, it's not about console wars, it''s not about  fanboyism. It's about what system do you think you'll get the most value out of. I personally don't want to own both, as I think it's a waste. That's simply my opinion, so I was debating on replacing my 360 with a PS3.