#102  Edited By Grissefar
Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By Cazamalos

i've been buying  a lot more ps3 games than games on my 360 for the last couple years 
but what i still cannot believe is that Gears Of Wars  will probably outsell Resistance 3, Killzone 3, and Uncharted 3 sells combined

KillerFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 33

#104  Edited By KillerFly

Sony has always been known to announce their lineup well in advance, while Microsoft usually doesn't announce most of the stuff coming out in the second half of the year until E3. 

That said, I think people need to get over the idea of the "year of the PS3". It's a great system with great games on it already. As far as value goes, I think it sits fairly equal with the 360 at this point.

coryrx8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By coryrx8
@cjmabry said:
"So many of you are missing the point. It's not about what sells better, it's not about console wars, it''s not about  fanboyism. It's about what system do you think you'll get the most value out of. I personally don't want to own both, as I think it's a waste. That's simply my opinion, so I was debating on replacing my 360 with a PS3. "

I can't help but disagree with you on that. I have somewhere around 90 retail games for my 360 and a dozen for my PS3. Obviously I got my money's worth on the 360, but I feel like 12 games is enough to justify buying the PS3. That's all before counting the downloadable titles, which is where the 360 and the PS3 really differentiate themselves. It's not like the two consoles are redundant or anything.
cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By cjmabry
@coryrx8 said:

" @cjmabry said:

"So many of you are missing the point. It's not about what sells better, it's not about console wars, it''s not about  fanboyism. It's about what system do you think you'll get the most value out of. I personally don't want to own both, as I think it's a waste. That's simply my opinion, so I was debating on replacing my 360 with a PS3. "
I can't help but disagree with you on that. I have somewhere around 90 retail games for my 360 and a dozen for my PS3. Obviously I got my money's worth on the 360, but I feel like 12 games is enough to justify buying the PS3. That's all before counting the downloadable titles, which is where the 360 and the PS3 really differentiate themselves. It's not like the two consoles are redundant or anything. "
And that's totally fine. We can disagree. I just think it's stupid when people say, "Who cares, stupid fanboys!" The whole point of the post was to bring up discussion like yours. You, sir, earn a cookie for understanding the thread.  

EDIT: I agree though in the fact that Xbox wins in downloadable titles. Personally the only downloadable game I've bought that isn't on PS3 is Super Meat Boy, but I understand how big downloadable games are to other people.
Sadaiyappan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#107  Edited By Sadaiyappan

They say this every year, that this is Sony's Year.  But in the case of the PSP it actually became true in 2009.  I predict a similar trend for PS3.  Either this year or next year it will sell out in Japan.  Then the rest of the world will follow.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#108  Edited By Fallen189

Every year is the year of the X

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#109  Edited By KaosAngel

...GT5 already sold 5.5 million and is the top selling PS3 exclusive, you think 2011 is the year it can sell the final 4.5 million to make it the fifth straight proper Gran Turismo that sells over 10 million units?  

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By TheGremp

It seems like every year, people say "This is it, this is the year that the PS3 is gonna shine" but it never happens. 

By the way, I see 2011 as the year of the fighter.  MvC3, Mortal Kombat, and Arcade Edition are gonna keep me busy.  Then over the next few years we'll have BlazBlue: CS2, The Street Fighter/Tekken mashups, and Tekken Tag Tournament 2.  I love how the fighting genre is coming back so strong.

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#111  Edited By randiolo
@TheGremp: and every year u say the same thing.. 
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#112  Edited By Pie
@KaosAngel said:
" ...GT5 already sold 5.5 million and is the top selling PS3 exclusive, you think 2011 is the year it can sell the final 4.5 million to make it the fifth straight proper Gran Turismo that sells over 10 million units?   "
Nobody cares
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#113  Edited By Pie
@Grissefar: Problem is that 6/7 of those games are sequels. 
Really looking forward to the next year
NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#114  Edited By NickL

just a personal opinion, and i have only played ps3 exclusive games at a friends house, but i am way more excited for forza 4 and gears 3 then anything else on that list... but yes the ps3 does play have a higher quantity i guess

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#115  Edited By Jeust
@cjmabry said:
" That's simply my opinion, so I was debating on replacing my 360 with a PS3. "
If you feel you get more out of the PS3, go for it. 

The thing about the announced games, is the different policies that Sony and Microsoft take. In the end, the story told by the year is different. But if you want exclusives, Sony wins it, as it bets more on those. But you should consult the entire catalogue of games released, and see how many of the games you want to play.  
ClaritySam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By ClaritySam

Agent  and Xcom are the only two games there I actually want to play, that's quite depressing.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#117  Edited By ProfessorEss
@cjmabry:  Sony may end up ahead by the end of the year but I can almost guarantee the competition will be a lot tighter than your list makes it seem. 

...but anything could happen.
GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By GeekDown

2010 was basically the 360's year and as it looks like for the ps3 right now it will probably have more exclusives this year. I guess I can kind of agree and yes, it's always the PC's year.

Masakari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Masakari

As an owner of both PS3 and 360, I agree that the PS3 "core" lineup is much stronger... for those who care. 360 has a lot of Kinect stuff that you didn't mention... for those who care.

You see, I don't have a Kinect because I have a very small living room. I'm no hater, I plan on having one  (Project Draco + Steel Battalion 3 = drooooool), it just isn't possible for me atm. But on the other end of the spectrum, most PS3 games don't interest me in the slightest - I dislike "Tomb Raider" style games, so no Uncharted, don't care about open world, sandbox games (inFamous, Yakuza), don't care about the Motorstorm games, etc. I'm looking forward to Resistance 3 (the videos peaked my curiosity, although I hated 1 and 2), and that's pretty much it. 

All this to say: the lineup is objectively stronger atm, but it's a matter of taste / if you care about that stuff. I WILL buy Gears 3, Forza 4, and Xcom (probably on PC), it's just a matter of personal taste. 

As food for thought, consider this - every year we have been fed the "it's the year of the PS3" line. Sony also usually announces their games very early, to the point it created some infamous industry stories (the eternally in development KZ2, GT5, FF13, FFv13, etc). These have started to come out, culminating in GT5 finally having been released, god knows how many years since it was supposed to. All these years, taste aside and likewise objectively, 360 has been much stronger than PS3 because it actually had great games, specially in the first couple of years - people tend to forget XBLA, which is consistently vastly superior to PSN and has / had tons of exclusives. Which means PS3 was bound to catchup eventually, so while MS is now focused elsewhere (Kinect stuff), Sony finally has a great "core" lineup for imo the first time. 

But I mean, it's 2011, it's about time.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By BBQBram

What's this about selling the 360? Just keep it and get a PS3.

dragonzord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By dragonzord
AnimalFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By AnimalFather

damn the xbox 360 lineup is looking weak
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By ravensword

I think PS3 is gonna give me more games that im gonna play unless MS pulls a hat trick at E3.
valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By valrog

Wasn't that the case of 2010 as well? And 2009? Exclusives aren't really 360's strongest aspect.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By ravensword

I always say this whenever there is a thread about year of PS3: Is it really needed anymore? I assume that the year of PS3 would mean it is a year the PS3 is being taken serious finaly, becomes a contendor and levels the playing field with the competition. IMO this happened in 2009.
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By ravensword
@xyzygy:

Tell me what they could possibly have exclusviely? No way there can be another Fable, Crackdown, Alan Wake, or even a Halo next year. So what else do they have? They can pull a timed exclusive out their ass maybe.
Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#127  Edited By Valkyr

The PS3 has had the greatest AMOUNT of exclusives since like 2008 so yeah every year since then has been 'The year of the PS3'. The awesomeness of the system is that it actually has exclusives instead of 'console exclusives'.

cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By cjmabry
@zoner: PC also has a good lineup, which I'm stoked for. I'm interested in the console side of things now though, because  I will always be a PC gamer. 

@BBQBram: I'd rather not spend money on both a PS3, 360, Wii, and PC. 
spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#129  Edited By spazmaster666

PS3 having better/more exclusives isn't anything new but the only games I play on the PS3 are exclusives, while everything I play is played on the 360 so ultimately my ratio of 360 to PS3 games end up being like 5:1. Still looking at PS3 exclusives list, the only ones I plan on buying are Uncharted 3 and Infamous 2.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By BBQBram

I get not wanting to buy both but to me it really is the only answer; I want to play the great games on PS3 but there's no way I'm giving up my 360 library. Just one good exclusive is enough to justify a purchase for me; I don't want platform exclusivity to be a factor in what I play.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#131  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Hey, I have all those systems and can play all the games to my liking :). 

You are going to sell your Xbox because Xbox Live is expensive? Wouldn't it be better to just cancel Xbox Live, and therefore still have access to your old game library, and any new games that come out this year? This way if anything gets announced that does interest you, you don't have to buy a new Xbox.

dragonzord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By dragonzord
@BBQBram said:
" What's this about selling the 360? Just keep it and get a PS3. "
To be fair, if you have a good PC there's really no point in owning a 360 unless you want to play with friends who may not want to invest in a PC. That said, if you didn't have a good pc or any consoles, I usually recommend the 360
blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#133  Edited By blackbird415

pc fo sho. Just because pc has many great games. The ps3 has some games I REALLY REALLY want to play. namely the gran turismo, twited metal, uncharted, killzone, and resistance games.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#134  Edited By Vinny_Says

too bad you didn't make a multiplatform list because THAT would be the best list. Everybody wins in that case.  Gears is the only thing I'm interested in on those 2 lists =(

cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By cjmabry
@Death_Unicorn said:
" Hey, I have all those systems and can play all the games to my liking :).  You are going to sell your Xbox because Xbox Live is expensive? Wouldn't it be better to just cancel Xbox Live, and therefore still have access to your old game library, and any new games that come out this year? This way if anything gets announced that does interest you, you don't have to buy a new Xbox. "
The price of live is just a factor. A big factor, though. Any exclusives I couldn't live without I could play on my brother's 360.
Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By A_Cute_Squirtle

Xcom looks amazing and I've always been a huge fan of Gears. I dunno, I don't have the luxury of owning both a PS3 and an Xbox and other than Heavy Rain there hasn't been a PS3 title that has made me lament only owning a 360. I am, for the most part, satisfied with what I've received on the 360. 

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#137  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@Raven_Sword said:
" @xyzygy: Tell me what they could possibly have exclusviely? No way there can be another Fable, Crackdown, Alan Wake, or even a Halo next year. So what else do they have? They can pull a timed exclusive out their ass maybe. "
Actually, it's been rumoured they've been working on a remake of Combat Evolved using the Reach engine for sometime now. 

I agree that the PS3 has a better lineup of games for the year, but these topics are always laughable, especially as these topics keep getting made by the same people. 
Sony announce their games way ahead of time and hype them for a long time.. where as Microsoft wait until the beginning of the year to announce their lineup.  I'd at least wait to see if Microsoft do anything at E3 before picking apart it's lineup.  If they have another showing like last year, feel free to continue.  But this is just childish fanboy flamebait.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By iam3green

it does look  like ps3 is the game. if that list is true more games. gear of war 3, it will sell well. you never know what will happen. i heard there were a lot of problems with gears of war 2 with online. people might not get the game. 

so far what is on that list forza 4, shadow of collouses, and uncharted 3 are the games on the list.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By ravensword
@WinterSnowblind:

While I will surely play that remake in a  heartbeat, if thats all they really announce, thats disapointing. But yeah, we should wait for E3.
MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By MaddProdigy
@KaosAngel: Dude what are you talking about sales wise. 10 exclusives that each sell 2 or 3 million will be equal to if not better than 2 or 3 exclusives that sell 3 or 4 million each. I would assume Sony would not invest all the money necessary to have this huge list of exclusives if they didn't expect excellent return in sales.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#141  Edited By Red

I didn't play my PS3 much this year--at all, really--but next year does look to be a fantastic jump in quality.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#142  Edited By Geno

Someone on another site made this a few days ago, thought I'd post it.   

PS3 definitely has a strong year ahead, though PC is not far behind. Xbox 360 is thriving on multiplats but lacking on exclusives as usual. Wii is...yeah. 
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By KaosAngel

Where the hell are people getting Versus is coming out in 2011?   

Both Nomura and Square have said Versus is the last one in the XIII Trilogy, and Agito XIII comes out before.  Best case is Agito XIII for 2011 and then Versus for 2012...and this is Japan Releases.  Plus an extra year for the NA/EU one.  

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#144  Edited By JJWeatherman
  1. The term "notable" is subject to interpretation
  2. Some of the games on your PS3 list aren't even exclusives
  3. It's the year of the Rabbit
Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Edwardryu

well, enjoy your console. I don't care. I play PC.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#146  Edited By Geno
@Edwardryu said:
" well, enjoy your console. I don't care. I play PC. "
Why is your name green then? 
Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Tsoglani

Looks like the year of the PS3...

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#148  Edited By dtat
@Rhaknar said:
" ive been hearing "year of the ps3" for like 3 years in a row now :p "
Well it was kind of true for 2009, and even to a lesser extent 2010. PS3 seems like it gets most of the exclusives that matter. Xbox 360 is just better for multi-platform IMO. (and that's most games that I play).
Kalisynth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Kalisynth

just because the game is exclusive doesn't make it good and frankly most of the ps3 'exclusives' haven't been all that impressive(MGS4 and inFamous are the only ones I really liked) and the xbox ones didn't impress me greatly either(I'm not a Halo or gears of war fan) so I tend to like my 360 better because Microsoft is willing to pay money to get exclusive DLC(timed or otherwise) so it tends to work out better in the long run.

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Fruitcocoa

The year of the PlayStation 3 doesn't really have anything to do with exclusives in my opinion. I want to have a great experience together with other people, have as much content as possible available for me to either buy or try out. I want to have the best gaming experience and while most of the games are made on the Xbox 360 it easily becomes "the console of the year". With that said - they are very close to each other now and for the casual market it probably comes down to however they can play Madden (or FIFA/NHL in Europe's case). As long as Xbox Live remains as the ultimate online server on the console market I see Xbox 360 as my console of the year. With that said - if this discussion is about a console having the best exclusive - there's really only one game to mention - UNCHARTED 3!!!