User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By septim
@Wes899 said:
" @Laketown said:
" @Wes899 said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Wes899 said:
" @Shane said:
"   You're supposed to give extra things to subscribers, not remove it from non-subscribers and charge people what they used to get for free. Don't agree with the podcast being split at all, what's the point of hearing week old news. "
Then pay for it. Problem solved. "
You miss the point entirely. "
No. I'm not. If you want something that you have to pay for, you pay for it. People can still get the cast if they want. What the fuck is up with people on the internet feeling so entitled? It's annoying. "
yeah, fuck all those people going to college or facing tough economical times right now, what do they matter? "
I'm going through college.  "
Well you seem like a real sharp guy, so that's no surprise.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@jakob187 said:
" Wait a minute.  The Bombcast is going to be split into two parts, and the second half will only be available on the launching Tuesdays to members, so the other users will have to wait A WEEK for the rest of the Bombcast?  NO ME GUSTA!!!  Mind you, I would also assume that this would cause some stricter formatting on the Bombcast to ensure a clean cut on the first and second hour.  However, that would mean that one half would be the guys rambling as usual about the stuff that we all love about the Bombcast, and the second half would be...what?  New releases and e-mails that are now a week old?  That would make no sense.  What happened to "none of the stuff that we already offer will be affected by the membership...we'll only be ADDING to the stuff we already offer with the membership"? "
Agreed. We'll be getting week old news when before we could get it on time.
MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#203  Edited By MisterMouse
@JJWeatherman said:
" Oh snap. That's kinda expensive. :( "
yeah I was thinking something similar, but I guess I wouldnt mind supporting giant bomb...
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#204  Edited By Video_Game_King
@FluxWaveZ: 

I mean that instead of adding new features, they'd just remove features we already have and sell them back to us.
ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#205  Edited By ez123

The bombcast thing is a good hook considering how highly people think of it and how few new features paid members actually get. $50 is crazy, I never pay that much for XBL. Also, the only WM site I use is this one. I'd like a site specific membership for $25.

illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#206  Edited By illmatic19

What's stopping me from downloading the full bombcast on itunes?

If they wanted to do something special about the bombcast, release it on Fridays for non-subscribers and Tuesday for subscribers.

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Leptok

fyi, the more I think about it, the more I think splitting the podcast is complete bullshit. But I can see why they'd do it. I just really really wish they would have done it another way.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#208  Edited By KaosAngel
@illmatic19: They'll lock it so the iTunes RSS is only the basic version.
Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#209  Edited By Supermarius

sooooo, will people get banned if they try to discuss the "pay" part of the podcast in the forums a week early. How about transcripts? this is so dumb :(

NubCakes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By NubCakes09

Splitting up the Bombcast?  Wow, what the hell were you guys thinking?  The Bombcast used to be my favorite podcast, but I simply cannot support this bullshit.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#211  Edited By LordAndrew

How much is shipping to Canada? It's an awesome T-shirt, that's really all I care about. I don't really care if I'm treated as a human being or not.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Dany
@Leptok said:
" @Dany said:
" @Leptok said:
" And yeah, the bombcast thing is total shit, but if they didn't do it, I doubt there'd be many people subscribing. "
I totally would without that shit. "
It's easy to say that, it's even easier to say "I'll just sign up next month."  "
Sure, but seriously, the folks screaming this splits the community should instead be saying, "they are doing it wrong by removing free content and making it for-pay"
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#213  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@illmatic19 said:
" What's stopping me from downloading the full bombcast on itunes? "
I think only the first hour will be hosted on iTunes and the full podcast will only be downloadable on this website.
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Skytylz
@CL60 said:
" @Wes899 said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Wes899 said:
" @Shane said:
"   You're supposed to give extra things to subscribers, not remove it from non-subscribers and charge people what they used to get for free. Don't agree with the podcast being split at all, what's the point of hearing week old news. "
No. I'm not. If you want something that you have to pay for, you pay for it. People can still get the cast if they want. What the fuck is up with people on the internet feeling so entitled? It's annoying. "
Yes you really are missing the point. They have said multiple times that they will never split the community. This splits the community. It's complete bullshit to split the podcast up. It's not a sense of entitlement. We already had the full podcast, but they decide to remove it to get people to pay for it. Why should we have to pay for something we already had before, and something they said they would never do? "
Member only forums literally splits the community too.
raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By raviolisumo
@septim said:
" @Wes899 said:
" @Laketown said:
" @Wes899 said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Wes899 said:
" @Shane said:
yeah, fuck all those people going to college or facing tough economical times right now, what do they matter? "
I'm going through college.  "
Well you seem like a real sharp guy, so that's no surprise. "
Oh shiiiiiiit. I'm hurt. You, a stranger on the internet, are saying mean snippy things to me. Whatever will I do?
Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wow a lot of people are mad. Are we looking at the decline of Giant bomb? I admit they did say they would not split the community or effect any of the stuff we have all ready... 

Is ANY of this fully confirmed? I mean I know they said it...but is it set in stone?

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#217  Edited By wrighteous86
@Cr0ssbow:   Except it's not cut at all.  You guys are acting like they're taking the Bombcast from you, they're not.  You get an hour right away for free, and if you don't pay, you get the second half the next week.  You're getting everything you want, you just have to wait a week for part of it if you're not giving them anything.  It's really not that bad at all.  They're not denying anyone any content.

A lot of you are just being drama queens now.
recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#218  Edited By recroulette

Shang Tsung: IT HAS BEGUN!!

DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By DeathByWaffle

I really want to support the site, but splitting up the bombcast just seems like a real shitty move.

ohwiseone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By ohwiseone

I am also one of those people who are in college, 5 Dollars sounds actually not bad, but at this moment I cannot subscribe, Splitting up the podcast is going to cause so many rifts in the community 

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Splitting up the bombcast is complete bullshit.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By jkz
@TripMasterMunky said:
" @jakob187 said:
" Wait a minute.  The Bombcast is going to be split into two parts, and the second half will only be available on the launching Tuesdays to members, so the other users will have to wait A WEEK for the rest of the Bombcast?  NO ME GUSTA!!!  Mind you, I would also assume that this would cause some stricter formatting on the Bombcast to ensure a clean cut on the first and second hour.  However, that would mean that one half would be the guys rambling as usual about the stuff that we all love about the Bombcast, and the second half would be...what?  New releases and e-mails that are now a week old?  That would make no sense.  What happened to "none of the stuff that we already offer will be affected by the membership...we'll only be ADDING to the stuff we already offer with the membership"? "
Agreed. We'll be getting week old news when before we could get it on time. "
I don't want to get this much into it. I still think they have good intentions (I won't lose all faith instantly), and I'll be paying the membership fee, but I really think splitting the Bombcast is total BS. It goes against everything they've said regarding the matter, and I really don't like the direction they've taken the subscription. I would have preferred that this be more a service intended for people who want to support the site, but I understand that that likely wouldn't get them the revenue from the membership that they need. 

Still, taking away content seems totally and utterly in conflict with what they've stated to this point.
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@illmatic19 said:
" What's stopping me from downloading the full bombcast on itunes?  If they wanted to do something special about the bombcast, release it on Fridays for non-subscribers and Tuesday for subscribers. "
Chances are youll have to pay for the full version. 
illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By illmatic19

So I guess I can't download the bombcast from itunes on the IPod Touch.

That sucks.

KuribosShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By KuribosShoe

I just heard that they were trying to put all the time sensitive stuff in the first, free hour.  WHAT JERKS.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#226  Edited By turboman

The only idea that I don't agree with is cutting the bombcast in half... it seems that it takes a bit away from non-subscribers.... 

but then again, I'll be a day 1 subscriber, so I don't care that much.

NubCakes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By NubCakes09

I'd love to see them mock Playstation Plus now.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#228  Edited By Claude
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" Splitting up the bombcast is complete bullshit. "
I don't even listen to the Bombcast, but it does seem rather odd if not a dick move.
Avatar image for omnomnompancake
OmnomnomPancake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By OmnomnomPancake

Splitting the bombcast is absolutely fucking retarded. How the fuck can they justify this shit? It's absolutely disgusting and sleazy as fuck. 

You want to be blunt and say, "yo, we need fucking money"? Fine, but do it in a smart fucking way. Shredding the bombcast apart is the worst way to do this. 

jarryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By jarryd

i could have sworn dave said that whiskey media isnt in the business of taking away features from non subscribers but as far as i can tell if i dont give them $5 i lose half my bombcast that i currently get.

ohwiseone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By ohwiseone
@The_Laughing_Man: We know that yes the Exculsive Live show is Confirmed, and they seemed pretty damn serious about the split podcast. So, Yeah its all for real and confirmed 
slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#232  Edited By slowbird

some people are such whiners.  "I want everything, and I want it for free, and I want it RIGHT NOW."  Guess what, websites don't fucking fund themselves.  Ads aren't going to cover all the costs.  If you don't like it, go start your own fucking internet video game company.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By yakov456

I'm going to try out the yearly, what the hell. There is no other site on the interwebs that I visit more than Giantbomb. We'll see how it goes this first year, I'm hoping as the year rolls on that possibly some other goodies and incentives pop up that make it even more valuable. One thing I do wish for , I only visit GB, it would be nice to be able to get a one site membership for a discounted price. Whatever, lets get this going.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By KaosAngel

So many complainers.   

For 3 years now they have given you guys the following: 

• Amazing Forums
  • Mods who aren't fucking pricks like from other sites, and RESPECT and CARE about the users here
  • 5 hours a week of video content
  • 3 FULL ENDURANCE RUNS
  • Weekly Bombcasts + Specials of GOTY or Big Games
  • A strong community
  • Thursday Night Throwdown

How much bandwidth of theirs did you all use?  $50 is surprisingly low, and I bet if they did the math the average user more than likely would be worth about $100-200 a year with the content we get from them. 

If you don't like it, stick with the basic or try the monthly.
Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Barrock

A movie at Blockbuster is $5 for a week. A game is $9 for a week.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ohwiseone said:

" @The_Laughing_Man: We know that yes the Exculsive Live show is Confirmed, and they seemed pretty damn serious about the split podcast. So, Yeah its all for real and confirmed  "

I do not listen to the cast that much. But that does seem like a cheap move...and a straight lie. Arnt they just becoming the services they mock? PS Plus and what not?  

@KaosAngel said:
" So many complainers.   

For 3 years now they have given you guys the following: 

• Amazing Forums
  • Mods who aren't fucking pricks like from other sites, and RESPECT and CARE about the users here
  • 5 hours a week of video content
  • 3 FULL ENDURANCE RUNS
  • Weekly Bombcasts + Specials of GOTY or Big Games
  • A strong community
  • Thursday Night Throwdown

How much bandwidth of theirs did you all use?  $50 is surprisingly low, and I bet if they did the math the average user more than likely would be worth about $100-200 a year with the content we get from them. 
 If you don't like it, stick with the basic or try the monthly. "
I think its more about being lied to. People where told the new service would not effect old stuff. 
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#237  Edited By Tireyo

This is preposterous, and I'm thinking that this situation leads to greed. I don't understand why it can't be free to everyone because it was manageable for how long now, like 3 years? What is so different now as to why it can't be free? The same exact things can be done without the split cast. If they need money so bad, why not ask for a donation like Wikipedia did? Wikipedia got enough money to provide free information to everyone.

No one is going to buy a subscription unless they are truly and completely abscessed with the Bombcast. It is definitely a filthy move and rotten idea to split the Bombcast in two. No amount of things that one can earn can change my view of this.

If any of the privileges that I have now on this site of posting, wiki editing, customization of my profile, view news, and quests are taken away, then you all might as well say goodbye to me.

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By raviolisumo
@slowbird said:
" some people are such whiners.  "I want everything, and I want it for free, and I want it RIGHT NOW."  Guess what, websites don't fucking fund themselves.  Ads aren't going to cover all the costs.  If you don't like it, go start your own fucking internet video game company. "
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#239  Edited By jakob187

You know what?  Another thing that I've gotta say is kind of insulting is that second video on the Tested page, where they basically treat non-members as some kind of dirt while showering the joys of being a paid members.  I get that they want to show the benefits of being a paid member, but the video in general had an incredibly demeaning tone to it.  I mean, if you are going to make a video like that which seems to send a message of "we don't really care about our non-paid members", then why the fuck would I even bother coming to the sites...let alone editing the wikis that literally make up your site?! 

I mean, do any of you guys who aren't going to pay for the subscription enjoy being labeled as "some dude"?  Sure, the video is meant to be taken with a light-hearted stretch...but every example of "non-paid member" that I saw basically felt like a kick to the nuts, like "yeah, you're around here, whatever...go do some stuff and fill out site out for us". 

If anything, all this stuff has depressed me a bit.  All of a sudden, I personally feel like less of a member here from that single video.  I was planning on paying for a yearly membership, but frankly...I think I'm more interested in outright cancelling my account. 

@illmatic19 said:

" Wait, can't anyone just download the full 2 hours on ITunes? "
Not if they lock it in the feed or something.  I was thinking the same thing through Google Listen.  Regardless, definitely don't like the thing about the Bombcast, and moreover, I wonder if that will snowball to being the same way with the other podcasts.  If so, then fuck...  It feels like a slap to the face in some ways.  I understand that the doods want to make money, but to take one of the big features of the site that drew so many people in...to take the feature that both Jeff Green and Michael Pachter have both said is "probably the best video game podcast out there" and turn it into a compartmentalized thing that segregates your audience...  I just...I'm baffled by it.
Cr0ssbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Cr0ssbow
@Wrighteous86 said:
" @Cr0ssbow:   Except it's not cut at all.  You guys are acting like they're taking the Bombcast from you, they're not.  You get an hour right away for free, and if you don't pay, you get the second half the next week.  You're getting everything you want, you just have to wait a week for part of it if you're not giving them anything.  It's really not that bad at all.  They're not denying anyone any content.  A lot of you are just being drama queens now. "
@Wrighteous86: You're right, I didn't catch that part until just now.  I was wrong.  I'm ok with that, I'll simply just delay my bombcast listenin' a week.  Still, I really did intend on paying for the sub, it's just that value proposition isn't there for me unfortunately.  I'm paying less than that for a year of Pandora, and a year of MLB audio.
recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#241  Edited By recroulette

If they would've done something that was minor. People would STILL go 
"Oh wtf, that's bullshit, we should get that for free!"

So what the fuck, lets just go all in.
Seriously though, this seems like a better deal than my subscription to Qore and PSN+

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Jadeskye

How do i sign up?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#243  Edited By CL60
@jarryd said:
" i could have sworn dave said that whiskey media isnt in the business of taking away features from non subscribers but as far as i can tell if i dont give them $5 i lose half my bombcast that i currently get. "
Yup, they lied. Which is something I didn't think Giant Bomb would do.
Civraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#244  Edited By Civraz

I'm in. Giantbomb rages on!

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#245  Edited By falconer

My one issue is splitting the Bombcast, like most other people have likely already stated. Okay, I GET IT. I really do. Doesn't make it cool though. An entire week? C'mon. Even if you made us wait until Friday of the same week I would be okay with that. Okay, yeah, the news segments and the such will be the first half, but I'll still feel like I'm listening to "old news" when I get the second half the next week. ALSO, some of the great Bombcasts of the past have had running jokes the entire 'cast. That's gone now (in my opinion) with this being done.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Diamond
@slowbird said:
If you don't like it, go start your own fucking internet video game company.
Done.
septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#247  Edited By septim

If they would have been upfront and come out and said "hey dudes we are in bad shape we could use some donations" I bet they would have gotten a shitload of support. 

They have created such a wonderful sense of community and credibility, it just seems odd they would pull such a dick move.

Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Dauragon

I personally don't mind the whole bombcast split. If you actually listened to them talk about it, they said they would try to make it so the first hour would be filled with all the time sensitive stuff.  

Also I am so going for the 50$ just so I can get that shirt and then blot babs and g-man out of it with a sharpie, cause fuck-a-Comic Vine. (Well...more appropriately, fuck those two. The other comic vine peeps are fine).

hiimmikecruz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By hiimmikecruz

How much was it to become a Gamespot member back in the past? I feel like it was cheaper than this.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By coaxmetal

Splitting the bombcast up like that is the whole making existing free content exclusive, which is kinda shady, and having ads on the paid monthly site is too... but I don't really care, since I am down for the year subscription.