Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Anthem

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 15, 2019

A multiplayer-focused third-person action RPG from the studio behind Mass Effect and Dragon Age, featuring fully-customizable exo-suits (known as Javelins) with a wide variety of special abilities.

ANTHEM GOOD

psychomantis47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

diggin this, the gameplay is top notch. the faction warfare part of the story is the worst part, but there is a compelling villain and the neutral area with conversations does feel very bioware. the villain and the neutral area feel enough like kotor and its lookin like there is very deep lore, whether its good, idk yet. but its there. gameplay above all is amazing. playing on pc and flying/shooting and collecting the keys with a mouse has been a blast. didnt think EA had it in 'em but this game is not the wreck i expected, and well worth 15 bucks to check out

haneybd87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You don’t need to spend $15 to check it out. You get a 10 hour trial for $5.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Deathstriker

I like it a lot, it's in a much better place day one than Destiny, Warframe, and Divison were day one. People love comparing Anthem to those games, but they've had years of patches and DLC. It definitely has flaws, but to give it a 4 to 6 out of 10 is crazy to me it's way better than something crappy and not worth playing like Crackdown 3, but their review scores are about the same.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I definitely don't get any Bioware feel out of this whatsoever. If somehow that fact had been kept from me the whole time then there's no way that I would ever have been able to identify their hand in it.

Now after a fan registers the disappointment that it's probably not the game or style you've been waiting for from Bioware...it's still just a pretty fun shooter to play around in and man I dunno that's Alright.

Pnutz83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it a lot it's way better than that crap Warframe. It's not better than Division but about the same as the best parts of destiny 2 i think.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Fire bad.

cyberbloke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm enjoying it. I love the flying, and the world has been built to make the best of flying around.

After playing for several hours, I do start to get the criticism that it doesn't change things up much .

But as I'm not intending to just play this for months I'm OK with that. When I want a shooter with flying mechanics, I'll be playing Anthem.

As for value goes, I'm not sure yet. I got Access Premiere, and I'm not into sports at all. With that in mind, I'm not sure Anthem and Battlefield V had enough long-term appeal on their own to justify the cost, but the kids have put a lot of time into the other games on there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1d502761653
    deactivated-5d1d502761653

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking at the activity in the anthem subreddit discord channel the initial hype has toned down a lot already.

In it's current state the endgame consists of running 3 daily missions and the same stronghold(s) over and over again - that's it.

This game is absolutely in an unfinished, early access stage at this point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.