Ask me a question for Greg Kasavin.

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello Duders! I run a YouTube channel and I'm taking fan questions for my interview tomorrow with Greg Kasavin! For those who don't know, he works for Super Giant Games and is a writer and creative director of both Bastion and Transistor. Bastion won multiple game of the year awards through various media outlets and is still highly praised! So send me a few and I'll read what I can!

Thanks guys!

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hmm...How about what sort of games did you play as a kid? or Chicken wings: Bone in, or Bone out?

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naoiko: Haha! 2 great questions of equal importance! ;)

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if you know this OP but Greg has a history with GB and Jeff, Ryan, Brad etc. I just found it funny the way you introduced Greg like that but maybe that's me :) if anyone who hasn't checked out some of the stuff Greg has done in the past with GB, here ya go.

I guess I don't have many questions for him though. Other than the usual - 'Whatcha working on?' I do wonder the reaction to Transistor though, it didn't seem to hit as hard as Bastion, wonder how that worked out for them.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I'd ask him to share his thoughts thoughts about the huge explosion of number of title listings on the Steam Store in the past 2 years or so

• What it means for the indie marketplace in general
  • How he and Supergiant handle it
  • What Steam could do better to help discover-ability for indie titles.

etc

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

If you could go back in time, would you still give Perfect Dark Zero a 9/10?

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@razielcuts: I did know that actually :) But I wanted to introduce him in a way to inform newer or younger members of the site. I've been his fan, and a long time member here for ages now. And I followed Greg's work all the way back from his editorial days at Gamespot.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RazielCuts

@razielcuts: I did know that actually :) But I wanted to introduce him in a way to inform newer or younger members of the site. I've been his fan, and a long time member here for ages now. And I followed Greg's work all the way back from his editorial days at Gamespot.

Ha well that's good then, you sound like the right person to be interviewing him! :D Get stuck in with some grey matter think pieces like @slag's suggestions. I always liked it when Greg would go deep on games and the industry as a whole.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

If you could choose between a knife and a bat in a fight to the death which would you choose if the other person got the one you didn't choose? If you had to choose between never eating taco bell again or eating it for every meal for 5 years which would you choose?

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MakoTitan

@razielcuts: He has pre warned me that we may be having an overly extensive Hearthstone conversation, haha!

I interviewed Patrick Klepek about a month ago, and I have a few surprises coming up as well. I'll link the interview here when the editing process is finished.

I'm loving all these questions. Can't wait to present some to him.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Where's the ************* Oblivion marathon? GameSpot said YOU had it."

Makayu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Who are you?"

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is video games?

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What happened to the camera equipment GB gave him for Building the Bastion? :P

MrPlatitude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrPlatitude

'What would you do with the Command & Conquer franchise?'

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Does he write daily when he's not actively writing or designing? Like does he do object writing or some such writing exercise to stay sharp or warm up?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Bastion and Transistor share a lot but play completely differently. Next time around, are you guys planning on doing something that different yet again?

webnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What genres would he like to explore for his next game?

What does he think about VR, assume the launches this year are successful and there is a substantial install base, would he develop games for Oculus or Vive?

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ask him if there's seething rage under that calm demeanor. I think that Spec Ops The Line was much more autobiographical than he lets on.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

If they both paid the same, and both somehow only required 40 hours a week, would you prefer game journalism or game development?

What genre would you not want to make a game in and why?

How does game development differ from your expectations of what it would be?

If a game developer offered you a ton of money to work for them and handle any aspect of game design, which company would you most want to work for, and what would you want to do for them?

If you could relive your experience playing any game for the first time--which includes exactly how it made you feel at the time--which game would you choose and why?

@liquiddragon said:

If you could go back in time, would you still give Perfect Dark Zero a 9/10?

Perfect Dark was a pretty darn good game for its time, but I'd agree that it hasn't aged well. Speaking of which, thanks for inspiring my last question.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Why are you doing interviews instead of working on your next game? It's been almost two years since the release of Transistor and I need my next SuperGiant fix!

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FrodoBaggins
Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ask Greg what game does he prefer more Max Payne or Max Payne 2 since he reviewed both with high ratings.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@vegetashonor Ask him if Supergiant games intend on making an RTS. Specifically, a base-building RTS in the vein of Command & Conquer. That genre is dead and Greg is a massive fan of it. I would pay money to play a C&C clone made by Supergiant Games.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Do you find yourself looking at and critiquing games in a different way now that you have been a developer for many years?