Bayonetta / Vanquish getting PS4 / XB1 Remasters

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Humanity

Bayonetta and Vanquish are apparently getting remastered for both modern consoles.

You can buy both on PC where you can uncap framerates and all that stuff, but in case you really wanted it for your current next-gen console, well, here you go.

There was sadly only one Bayonetta game ever made and fans desperately await a sequel. Hopefully one of these days we will get one on modern consoles, but until then you can rebuy Bayonetta 1, again, and enjoy the worlds best character action game with one of the coolest librarian protagonists to date.

Vanquish is cool too I guess. You can smoke at will.

Few selling points:

• Re-released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One with support for 4K resolution at 60 FPS
  • Will come in standard and 10th Anniversary Bundle
  • Both remasters and the Bayonetta & Vanquish 10th Anniversary Bundle will be released on Feb. 18, 2020
  • Each sold separately for $24.99 / bundle will cost $39.99
No Caption Provided

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Any excuse for people to play Vanquish again is a win in my book.

bakoomerang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@humanity said:

Bayonetta and Vanquish are apparently getting remastered for both modern consoles.

You can buy both on PC where you can uncap framerates and all that stuff, but in case you really wanted it for your current next-gen console, well, here you go.

There was sadly only one Bayonetta game ever made and fans desperately await a sequel. Hopefully one of these days we will get one on modern consoles, but until then you can rebuy Bayonetta 1, again, and enjoy the worlds best character action game with one of the coolest librarian protagonists to date.

Vanquish is cool too I guess. You can smoke at will.

I.. don't get it. Is that meant to be a cheeky dig at Bayonetta 2 or something? I thought people liked that game?

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I was going to say I probably don't need a fourth copy of Bayonetta or a second copy of Vanquished, but that's some pretty dope box art...

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm tempted to triple dip, even if I dont have a 4k TV yet.

Also Bayonetta 2 exists and is amazing, it's sad that it's tied to Nintendo but the game wouldnt have been made without them so yeah. Personally I dont think a 'next gen' Bayonetta would look much better, it's not as if Nier Automata was cutting edge graphically.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Humanity

@bakoomerang: It's a cheeky dig at the unfortunate platform it was released on it's subsequent poor sales.

@boozak: Yah but Nier generally didn't look great for a modern game. DMCV on the other hand looked phenomenal, when it actually had some sort of art direction going for it which lasted for all of maybe 2 levels. Imagine the spectacle of Bayonetta running an approximation of the DMCV engine and boy that would be something.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Platinum dont have access to the RE engine though, the engine they use seems quite dated which is why i'm not too bothered that they're tied to inferior hardware.

I feel like Team Ninja is in a similar situation, Nioh really doesnt look that much better than Ninja Gaiden 2 or 3 did last gen since they dont seem to have updated their engine that much. (DOA 6 is apparently using a new one but I can barely tell the difference)

All that being said I think Bayonetta 2 looks great, better than Nier Automata & Nioh. Hell i'd even go as far as to say it looks better than DMC V, it's obviously far less detailed but the art design more than makes up for it.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

10 years...unbelievable. Still among the best in the genre. Bayo1 > Bayo2. Vanquish > basically every TPS.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Humanity

@boozak: Yes I know thats why I said an approximation of it. Like if they built it from the ground up for new consoles in mind that would be amazing.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BoOzak

@humanity: I must've missed that, i'm not sure Platinum have the money to build an engine as nice as RE though. (neither do most companies) I feel like they may have been attempting that with Scalebound but we all know how that turned out.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak: The world wasn't ready for dragons with headphones

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Bayonetta has gotten its due, but Vanquish could use a little more notoriety.

Great games. $40 for both is not a terrible price at all. If the work is extensive enough, I might bite (despite owning the original versions).

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So what's the upgrade from the 360 versions of Bayo and Vanquish I got a decade ago to the regular Playstation 4 that I got three years ago? Is all they've got some minor ps4 pro stuff?

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhotchilimist: Vanquish will run at 60fps, other than that it's just the 4k bump it seems. (which requires XB1X or Pro)

Not a big upgrade especially if you dont have a 4k TV but i'll probably still buy it anyway.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Humanity

This is out FYI

Digital Foundry did a video on it saying it's solid but a little barebones - as in it's running at a smooth 60FPS but is not native 4k, and thats about it, no real bells and whistles added.

Loading Video...

Was hoping for them to check it out on GB - maybe not a full Quick Look but a short segment on UPF, but with all these hot releases in February I can understand they overlooked it.

Personally I would probably get this despite having it on 360 and being able to pop it into my XB1X for a 60 FPS bump AND ALSO owning it on PC. I like the box art BUT since it includes no artbook, no nothing really.. and I would need to actually use a disc I can probably live without another box on my shelf for dust to collect on. Oddly I wouldn't mind buying the box with a download code in it. I'd much rather have this digitally than on a disc since I'm not planning on living on submarine anytime soon and internet is not an issue. What a world we live in.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BoOzak

It sucks that these remasters arent 4k on the X & Pro, I feel like they were advertised as such. It's especially baffling when you see last gen games like Ninja Gaiden 2 have a superior enhancement on the X for free. As much as I like these games I think i'll stick with the regular versions that seem to play well enough on the X.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak: Yah I have an old 360 disc lying around and I can just pop that in for a 60 FPS bump. I like the box but for a 10th Anniversary they could have done more, not to mention the performance aspect.