• 122 results
RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By RedRoach
@Meatsim: think back to the release of WAW, reviews, even GB's, said that the game was great on it's own, but just didn't live up to Modern Warfare. So people probably said to themselves: "This game is good, but the one i already have is better, so why waste my money", and that probably tanked the sales of WAW. So, by removing the COD logo from Modern Warfare, people get the brand recognition of "Modern Warfare", which if you think about it, holds more recognition than COD does at this point. As well as when the Treyarch's COD game comes out, it can't be directly associated in reviews with MW because they would not have been the same series. Although people like you and me, who read game websites will probably be able to see through this, people that go to wall mart and see the game on a shelf, will go home, come to a site and read/watch reviews. So, this will lead to MW2 to maybe get less sales than it's predecessor, which is normal, while the Treyarch game would probably shoot way up, which in the end, would have a larger profit. But now that they added COD, we will never know. PS. Any sales that MW2 would have lost, would probably be made up with the next few iterations.
RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By RedRoach

ADDITION: what I'm trying to say is, don't look at this move from a one game basis (that game being COD MW2) but look at the series sales in general.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By OmegaPirate

didnt even notice the capital building there - props to ye eagle eyed gentlemen!!

Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#104  Edited By Pkshields

That totally does look like the Capitol Building. Awesome!

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

It doesn't make since to have full desert camo in Washington D.C.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#106  Edited By Out_On_Bail
@MAN_FLANNEL: Those are ACU's, not DCU's. The Army wears ACU's in any combat enviornment. Marines have been wearing the CUU's for a little bit now (longer than the army) and I'm sure they would also wear it in any combat enviornment too.  So it does make sense.
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Azteck

Oh shit.. they're gonna blow up DC? I don't need any more info, I'm sold.

digital_sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By digital_sin

The background could also be a mosque or a church's dome. I'm not sure, but I'm pretty excited! CAN'T WAIT!

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By MrKlorox

Could be the US Capitol building, but it could also be another Capitol building from a state capitol instead. The dome is all that's shown, and capitol domes all look similar. But it's most likely the US Capitol building because who would care about a terrorist attack on a single state capitol, when the national one would be more interesting.

As for the CoD name coming back, I understand but would still rather IW separate themselves from the CoD name, even though it's the exact same game.

Under_Influenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#110  Edited By Under_Influenz

I had a feeling they would put "Call of Duty" back on. 

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111  Edited By dagas

What no Dreamcast version?! Lame!

I wonder how much they paid market research to figure out if they should put CoD on the box or not...

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Mourne

"Modern Warefare 2: A Call of Duty Adventure."

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Ket87

I have a sneaking suspicion that the return of the CoD name has more to do with pressure from Activision than something within IW. Turning their back on the CoD name was a big deal and likely a major wound to both IW and Acitivision internally. A wound that can be healed with lots and lots of money I'd imagine.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114  Edited By atejas

Now all they need to do is change that 2 to a 1.5.

Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Zabant

It could just as easily be st pauls cathedral in london, famous for being the only building in its area to not get hit during the london bombings. (the blitz, not the bus that exploded.)

after all, half of the campaign is starring the SAS and soap and price are British.

little info also, buildings like st pauls inspired the design of American architecture like the capitol building.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#116  Edited By giyanks22

Wow...it does look like the capital building lol...

DavidSnakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#117  Edited By DavidSnakes

Pretty much the exact same box art as COD:WAW and COD4.  The box arts are practically a metaphor for the games themselves: all the same.  There isn't a more overrated game on the planet than COD4

DavidSnakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#118  Edited By DavidSnakes
@atejas said:
" Now all they need to do is change that 2 to a 1.5. "
Words out of my mouth
ip007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#119  Edited By ip007

Damn, that Call of Duty title is not fitting for this box art, not fitting at all!

Yes, it does actually look like the Capitol Building is towering in the background and it is damaged as well. What is this supposed to mean, first Russians attack an airport, then the whole Rio thing and now this..

saddlebrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#120  Edited By saddlebrown

That Call of Duty logo completely ruins the aesthetic they were going for there. You can tell they just slapped in on there last minute. Should've at least centered it.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By penguindust

With the potential of the US Capitol being the target of terrorists in this latest COD outing, I just hope it doesn't spiral into a bad Tom Clancy novel such as Debt of Honor which also had an attack on the Capitol, albeit from a Japanese airline pilot.

true3man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#122  Edited By true3man

It needs something to link the uninformed consumer that this is the sequel to COD4. I overheard some men in a game store the other day enquiring about it and they were clueless that it was attached to the COD series.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Media_Master

looks nice

walreese55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By walreese55
Debt of Honor was the first step in the demise of the Jack Ryan series. Damn you Clancy!!
Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Pinkshley1

Ah the confusion!!! Frankly, who gives a shit if it has COD in the name? It is still being made by Infinity Ward, so we know it gonna rock anyway.