• 159 results
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Endogene
@The_A_Drain: They don't have talking clocks where i live...
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Gizmo

People can't see how badly Nintendo are raping them, they can consistentally put out crap week after week and everyones still sucking them off.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Endogene:

Wow, damn. You're missing out man.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#104  Edited By oldschool
Gizmo said:
People can't see how badly Nintendo are raping them, they can consistentally put out crap week after week and everyones ... [more]
Define crap as seen by other people, with different tastes to you.  

Or are you applying for the postion of arbiter of what is good and what is bad and judging people accordingly?

I see crap coming to the PS3 and 360 all the time and I just ignore it.  I haven't been inspired to buy a new game for my 360 since I bought it over 2 months ago and I am not seeing anything coming in the near future.  Thing is, it is crap to me but not others.  I am good with that.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Gizmo
oldschool said:
Gizmo said: People can't see how badly Nintendo are raping them, they can consistentally put out crap week after week ... [more]
Dude, a fucking DS clock, that is universally crap. The point is people have spent a lot of money upgrading to DSi mainly for the new downloading features, this is just a kick in the nuts.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By oldschool
Gizmo said:
oldschool said: Gizmo said: People can't see how badly Nintendo are raping them, they can consistentally put out crap week ... [more]
That wasn't my question and wasn't your point.  Try answering what I asked.

I wouldn't want the clock either, but it isn't a big deal and hardly worth calling the doom of Nintendo over.  It is also not worthy of a story either.  You have to ask yourself the question - why does this site report so negatively on Nintendo?  Why does it look for crap stories to make a big deal over?
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Gizmo
oldschool said:
Gizmo said: oldschool said: Gizmo said: People can't see how badly Nintendo are raping them, they can consistentally put out ... [more]
The site owners buy Nintendo's products, as do I, and as paying customers I think we have the right to say whatever the hell we want about them.
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Endogene

This might sound crazy but i really would like to try this game out, i really love rhythm games.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By The_A_Drain
oldschool said:
Gizmo said: oldschool said: Gizmo said: People can't see how badly Nintendo are raping them, they can consistentally put out ... [more]

The problem with people like you is that you can find any article on any console, written by any journalist and if it doesnt meet your crazy ass fanboy standards of brown-nosing then it's 'biased' or 'bad journalism'

Fact of the matter is Giantbomb regularly posts weekly offerings from DSiWare and other types of content, and this time it was a clock. A clock... For fucks sake what are they supposed to do? Congratulate Nintendo on such a revolutionary product that will surely change the future of videogames? No, they take the piss out of it BECAUSE ITS A CLOCK!!

They post exactly the same style and tone of article whenever Microsoft or Sony do something absurd, the only difference being you cant fucking see it because you're so hung up on the fact they just insulted your precious Nintendo. Go back to playing Smash Bros and leave the internet alone.

Flavor Flav might like it but you can be damned sure he's the only person whos going to pay for something like this.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Al3xand3r

Edit: Nevermind. You know what, there's no reason to argue with any GB brown nosers or whatever insult you've thrown I throw back @ you. The first few posts of the so called fanboys are coherent about what they would like to see (and that's not brown nosing), and what they don't like to see (and that's trashy tabloid like writing that ignores and twists information to one's liking) but then some brown nose squad raided the thread and tried to twist the argument into being about how much a clock sucks or doesn't suck or about the Wii-only owners (wat?) or other shit they pull out of their ass. The so called fanboys didn't make a big deal out of it, they very calmly expressed their opinion, before they got attacked with all sorts of insults and bullshit arguments that had nothing to do with what they were saying. Then they got hooked into continuing the discussion with the imbeciles which now attack them for making a big deal out of this. Whatever, learn to read. Nobody defended the clock. It's all in plain English and should be easy to understand. Should. Instead, with every new post the discussion gets further derailed, more random shit are brought to the table and people try to refute the very valid first points not with discussion but by putting down users and twisting their arguments into whole different shit. To that attitude, I say frack you, imbeciles.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By oldschool
Gizmo said:
oldschool said: Gizmo said: oldschool said: Gizmo said: People can't see how badly Nintendo are raping them, they can consistentally ... [more]
When you are a journalist, you have a responsibility to report the news, not colour it.  This is the gaming industry version of Fox News, with all of its poor standards.  Sure, they can write what they like.  Sure, I can tell them they wht they write is crap, because it is crap.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By oldschool
The_A_Drain said:
oldschool said: Gizmo said: oldschool said: Gizmo said: People can't see how badly Nintendo are raping them, they can consistentally ... [more]
You know that do you?  Wow, psychic much  :-)  

I won't address anything else in that post as it is fanciful nonsense.

I always enjoy being stereotyped when I have pretty much any conole out there and the only one I don't have I make a point of saying I plan to get it when the price drops.  Phfffft.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By The_A_Drain
oldschool said:
The_A_Drain said: oldschool said: Gizmo said: oldschool said: Gizmo said: People can't see how badly Nintendo are raping them, they ... [more]

Yeah. They all say that. Regardless of whether or not it's true. Besides, we weren't talking about what consoles you do/dont own, it's not relevant and I don't actually give a toss... We were talking about how stupid the notion that any one particular console/game/publisher/etc gets called out on doing stupid things any more than any other is.

Not even counting the fact that Giantbomb makes no allusions to being Serious Journalism - Facts and Figures 101, it's an opinion site run by a couple of blokes armed with only their opinions. They review what they want, when they want and they say what they feel about it. Honestly, thats all I want to hear. If I wanted a roll-call of a products features and an arbitrary score based on how much the the writer thinks someone else might enjoy it then i'll get my reviews from fucking Wikipedia and Fansites.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Gizmo
oldschool said:
Gizmo said: oldschool said: Gizmo said: oldschool said: Gizmo said: People can't see how badly Nintendo are raping them, they ... [more]
Well that's just like your opinion, man.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Al3xand3r

Whoever said anything about reviews... It was about giving the real full story and not just half of it with extra "opinion" sauce that only appears valid thanks to ignoring half the real news, and thanks to ignoring most of all the "good" Nintendo does and focusing on shit they can twist around like this particular report. You keep twisting shit around like a crocodile after his meal, refer to my last comment. I'm done with this "thread" lol.

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#116  Edited By Insectecutor
oldschool said:
Seriously. The anti Nintendo whiners would have to be the biggest bunch of cry babies ever. Some journalist comes in ... [more]
You can't fight bias with bias, fool.

However you spin it, DSi's launch was a damp squib, left a bitter taste in the mouth, and Nintendo will have to counter that with something sweet at E3. Something that justifies an upgrade. Hah.

The content is by no means awesome. That Soccer game is selling on iPhone for half the DSiWare price, most of the rest is stuff that used to be given away free and called a demo, but now costs $5. I realise it's hard to launch a download service with great content available straight away, but the launch titles were an insult.

No doubt whatever they unveil you'll chow down on like a scat flick whore. It's astonishing how much Nintendo can flagrantly abuse people's brand loyalty, how infrequently they need to sacrifice some of their colossal piles of money to the "core gamer" shrine to keep you guys clinging on to that thin strand of hope that they'll pinch out an exciting addition to one of their core franchises. It's like the worthless corpulent dosser who buys every Pussycat Dolls album in the sweaty hope that one day the doorbell will ring and they'll storm in and sit on his face as a thank-you.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By oldschool
The_A_Drain said:
oldschool said: The_A_Drain said: oldschool said: Gizmo said: oldschool said: Gizmo said: People can't see how badly Nintendo are raping ... [more]
Yes and they all say that when it doesn't suit their argument  :-)    (I have had photographs of all the games from all my systems displayed on this site and it is relevant when I get stereotyped as a fanboy to show what a ridiculous and plain dumb comment it is).

If they make no allusions to serious journalism, they are doing a damn fine job at it - world's best practice!

There is a malaise that is afflicting their writing and it is stinking up the place.  If you enjoy it - good for you.  It is still crap.  Which is why when I want to read stories, I will go to other sites for a proper read.  Sure, other sites write crap at times as well, but the strike rate is better.  The entire reputation of jourmalism in gaming will always be seen as inferior to other areas of news as long as the standards displayed here as an example are so poor.

Me, I will continue to enjoy what I enjoy and the forelock tuggers here can continue wanking about stuff they don't like.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Gizmo
Insectecutor said:
oldschool said: Seriously. The anti Nintendo whiners would have to be the biggest bunch of cry babies ever. Some journalist ... [more]
I wish the Pussycat Dolls would sit on my face.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By The_A_Drain
@oldschool:

You do realise theres nothing stopping fanboys from owning lots of different products right? There's nothing ridiculous or dumb about it, in fact it's the fanboys first line of defense "B b b but, cest impossible'! I own all the consoles! I can't possibly be a fanboy!" Sounds even more ridiculous from my standpoint than the notion that you are a fanboy.

Besides, I don't see anything better coming out of IGN, Kotaku, Gamespot, Destructoid, etc etc etc. In fact the large majority of those are much much worse, If the information isn't flat out wrong it's pure flamebait that isn't even disguised as legitimate opinion. Fuck it, if you like those better then that's your choice mate, but i'd say it's a pretty shitty one.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By oldschool
Insectecutor said:
oldschool said: Seriously. The anti Nintendo whiners would have to be the biggest bunch of cry babies ever. Some journalist ... [more]
Not for a single second or word I have I defended DSiWare.  Seriously, do you read.  I don't even have a DSi and even if I did, there isn't a single on it that I want.  If you want to argue over the quality of what is available, then you are pissing on the wrong hydrant.

Rinse, repeat.

I don't care about the clock.  I don't care about any DSiWare.  I am not defending it.  I am merely pointing out a solid truth.  The article was crap.  It was boring.  It was biased.  It was junk.  It was food for trolls.  It was immature as Brad clearly was trying to hard to be cool with the kids.  It was juvenile.  It was not journalis,  It was not worthy of an article as any retarded 13 year old fanboy could have written the same article.  Don't like my view?  Don't care.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Gizmo
oldschool said:
Insectecutor said: oldschool said: Seriously. The anti Nintendo whiners would have to be the biggest bunch of cry babies ever. ... [more]
Bias?

Jesus, these days, everyone who has an opinion is classed a "troll" or bias. You're not the only person in the world with an opinion, you know.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By oldschool
The_A_Drain said:
@oldschool: You do realise theres nothing stopping fanboys from owning lots of different products right? There's nothing ridiculous or dumb ... [more]
Ignoring the fanboy nonsense, I said that other sites can produce crap as well.  That is why I read across the internet and give my time to stories that matter.  I am not a member of any of those sites, so I don't contribute to them.  I certainly don't bother to read stories here for the most part, but I see a story with a troll feeding headline, such as this and Jeff's Wii Jamboree one a while back, I certainly intend to tell then they are not Hunter S Thompson and stop trying to be cool - it is sad and bad.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By The_A_Drain
@oldschool:

Well whatever dude. They certainly have enough positive things to say about Nintendo, where were you then huh? On the moon I guess.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By oldschool
Gizmo said:
oldschool said: Insectecutor said: oldschool said: Seriously. The anti Nintendo whiners would have to be the biggest bunch of cry ... [more]
It isn't the bias that is so bad, it is just junk journalism of the lowest common demoninator.

As for opinion, I respect the right for all to have one and don't deliberately offend people when I don't like a game.  I jsut state the facts and reasons why it doesn't APPEAL to me.  Other than technically defective games, there is no such thing as bad software - just software you don't like.  To do otherwise is just bad manners and even worse journalism.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By oldschool
The_A_Drain said:
@oldschool: Well whatever dude. They certainly have enough positive things to say about Nintendo, where were you then huh? On ... [more]
Does not excuse poor journalism at any time.  
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Gizmo
oldschool said:
Gizmo said: oldschool said: Insectecutor said: oldschool said: Seriously. The anti Nintendo whiners would have to be the biggest bunch ... [more]
Go start your own video-game website if you hate this one so much, douche.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By oldschool
Gizmo said:
oldschool said: Gizmo said: oldschool said: Insectecutor said: oldschool said: Seriously. The anti Nintendo whiners would have to be the ... [more]
Ahh, insults, the final bastion of the folk unable to win their argument.  Well done.  I never take disagreemnet personally.  You may wish to try it.  I simply respectfully disagree with you and I assume that on many other ocassions on this site, I will agree with you.  Burning bridges is always poor form.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By The_A_Drain
oldschool said:
The_A_Drain said: @oldschool: Well whatever dude. They certainly have enough positive things to say about Nintendo, where were you then ... [more]
Whatever, I see worse in national newspapers and news programs every single day. Get off your high horse.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By oldschool
The_A_Drain said:
oldschool said: The_A_Drain said: @oldschool: Well whatever dude. They certainly have enough positive things to say about Nintendo, where were ... [more]
So, because I see crap journalism and call it, I have a high horse?  So essentially you are saying that I shouldn't have a well founded view?

I also see worse, but I stopped buying newspapers because of it and only read the BBC or ABC Australia for my news - national government broadcasters.  Still doesn't excuse the crap in the OP.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Gizmo
oldschool said:
The_A_Drain said: oldschool said: The_A_Drain said: @oldschool: Well whatever dude. They certainly have enough positive things to say about Nintendo, ... [more]
If you hate it so passionately, PM Brad and tell him, don't just start arguments on the boards.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By The_A_Drain

So because it's better than the majority national newspapers and news outlets (because thats what it is imo) it's still crap?

Also, I dont read ABC Australia but BBC news is just and prone to innacuracies as anywhere else and the only reason they show know opinion or emotion and report just straight facts is because they dont have a choice but to do so or they would be called up for a national inquiry. That doesn't make the quality of journalism or writing any better than anything being written here.

Like I said. High horse.

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Insectecutor
oldschool said:
Insectecutor said: oldschool said: Seriously. The anti Nintendo whiners would have to be the biggest bunch of cry babies ever. ... [more]
I think you are one of the trolls you accuse the article of feeding. Maybe you aren't defending DSiWare explicitly, but you're throwing your weight around in an article about DSiWare as if this is the straw that broke the camel's back.

The idea that journalism should be totally without bias is a complete fallacy anyway. All journalism takes a stand, journalism without a standpoint would be dull. Just as it's understood that newspapers lean to the political right or left, it's OK for gaming websites to lean one way or the other. Giant Bomb offers opinions which should be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By oldschool
Gizmo said:
oldschool said: The_A_Drain said: oldschool said: The_A_Drain said: @oldschool: Well whatever dude. They certainly have enough positive things to say ... [more]
Oh that's a good one.  I will remember that in future.  I will just PM everyone I disagree with.  I don't want to be seen starting arguments  :-)

You don't have to respond you know.  Plus, I don't need to PM Brad to tell him his article was crap, I am sure he knows that already.  Brad can just PM me if he doesn't like my view.

The_A_Drain said:
So because it's better than the majority national newspapers and news outlets (because thats what it is imo) it's still ... [more]
It is the rules that both must abide by that makes them more accurate - no commercial pressures.  Sure, they still get stuff wrong, but the strike rate is infinitely better.  High horse or standards?  Either way, I am comfortable with it.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By oldschool
Insectecutor said:
oldschool said: Insectecutor said: oldschool said: Seriously. The anti Nintendo whiners would have to be the biggest bunch of cry ... [more]
It was crap journalism - get over it.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By The_A_Drain
@oldschool:

Yeah well, i've said everything I wanted to say, and you've done nothing but restate an opinion as fact and prove that your standards are unreachably high (and constantly shifting)

So whatever, i'm sure brad is confident in the general quality of his writing, which is to say, no better or worse than THE REST OF THE WORLDs journalist on average.
Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Insectecutor
oldschool said:
Insectecutor said: oldschool said: Insectecutor said: oldschool said: Seriously. The anti Nintendo whiners would have to be the biggest bunch ... [more]
The release was a clock. It hardly deserved a report worthy of a fucking Pulitzer prize.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By oldschool
The_A_Drain said:
@oldschool: Yeah well, i've said everything I wanted to say, and you've done nothing but restate an opinion as fact ... [more]
I agree that he is definitely capable of better.

Oh, and my postion has not waivered.  I stuck to one point and haven't left it, despite constant attempts to derail it.
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Endogene
@The_A_Drain: I'm pretty sure the rest of the world would include the price of the app and not say that that is the only thing that came out while there is a second item (actual game) that was released along with this worthless clock.

This article should either be pulled or rectified in my opinion.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By oldschool
Insectecutor said:
oldschool said: Insectecutor said: oldschool said: Insectecutor said: oldschool said: Seriously. The anti Nintendo whiners would have to be the ... [more]
It didn't desrve an article, let alone a crap one.

Brad writing about shaving his balls would have been a better story.
JunkanooPunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By JunkanooPunch

i lol'd

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Insectecutor
Endogene said:
@The_A_Drain: I'm pretty sure the rest of the world would include the price of the app and not say that ... [more]
Maybe Brad's working on a 1000 word review of that groundbreaking title right now!

Edit: OK, on second thoughts I can agree with that. It was an oversight to miss the actual game, even if it was piss weak.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By The_A_Drain

@Endogene:

First legitimate point i've seen all day. Why do these articles never include price points? That always puzzles me.

As for the other game, maybe he isn't mentioning it because someone else is writing about it, or maybe it wasn't up on the store by the time he wrote the article (wouldnt be the first time that has happened) it's also totally possible brad hates nintendo and will do anything to make sure people only focus on a shitty clock... But I know which of the two options is more likely.

I'll just leave this as a closing statement, flavor flav sure loves him some clock.

No Caption Provided

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Insectecutor

Thread over.

Number1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Number1
oldschool said:
Insectecutor said: oldschool said: Insectecutor said: oldschool said: Seriously. The anti Nintendo whiners would have to be the biggest bunch ... [more]
Yo man since when is writing about games seriously journalism? Stop taking games so seriously, youre missing the point.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Gizmo
oldschool said:
Insectecutor said: oldschool said: Insectecutor said: oldschool said: Insectecutor said: oldschool said: Seriously. The anti Nintendo whiners would have to ... [more]
LEAVE BRAD ALONE, LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!
noextralife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#146  Edited By noextralife

Brad hits the nail on the head, whatever happened to the days when Nintendo released games on there systems, who in there right mind would ever pay  for a another DSi clock, it such a waste of a potentially great service.

porridgelad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#147  Edited By porridgelad

For people who have invested in purchasing a brand new DSi then perhaps throwing them a free clock app download would have been a nice show of good faith, rather then what seems to be a desperate grab for sales from a consumer audience given false promise in the download service

Maybe i speak to harsly here, im sure nintendo will release quality games/apps for the service that justify it being there, i just dont think a clock/picture app is the best first step

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#148  Edited By Dalai
NoExtraLife said:
Brad hits the nail on the head, whatever happened to the days when Nintendo released games on there systems, who ... [more]
Two Art Style games, WarioWare: Snapped and Bird and Beans... Nintendo has been doing their part.  Where are the 3rd party apps?  That's the real question.
stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#149  Edited By stinky

say what you will, that cat is awesome.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Al3xand3r
Porridgelad said:
For people who have invested in purchasing a brand new DSi then perhaps throwing them a free clock app download ... [more]
They got 1000 free points with that DSi purchase. That means they could get for free much better stuff than a clock...