oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By oldschool
MeatSim said:
Nintendo just seems to make novelty items more then they do real games now a days.
No, they make them AS WELL.

I think it has something to do with profit and the fact that others will do it and do it, so why let them take all the cream.  Microsoft, Sony, EA, Ubisoft, Square Enix et cetera, they all do little things to make profit to support their bigger productions.
Johanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Johanz
AndrewB said:
This is why you usually wait to see what a service is going to offer before you buy into it; ... [more]
Indeed! I waited a year or so before I bought a 360, maybe two years. I wanted to see some really good games and good stuff on the service before I bought it. :)
CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Oh shit, the Nintendo PR crew has arrived, and it's rolling deep

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Al3xand3r

Yes, calling out the blatant lying, ommisions and crappy attitude in a post is PR... You're smart, mr Microsoft aligned.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By Xeiphyer

Holy fanboys! Where did all these kids come from? Calm down kids! Nobody cares about how much you love nintendo! The point of this article is to show Giantbomb's disappointment that Nintendo is not releasing any good DSi ware, people seem to think theres some super bias hate nintendo business going on here.. and thats retarded.

First off, This Is Giantbomb, if you don't like how they feel about something because its not your exact oppinion. Then leave.
If you have watched the other DSi related videos, you will see that they have very high expectations for the DSi, and they happen to like it quite a bit. What they are trying to say in this article is that adding ANOTHER clock app to the DSi is retarded. Theres a clock built into the damn thing already, not to mention theres a clock on every other electronic device you could possibly own. They would much rather have some quality games released for them to enjoy.

Go back to the depths of hell you strange strange nintendo fanboys!

I personally think that the cat in that picture is quite cute, but paying for a clock app is retarded, at least the animal crossing one was videogame themed.. so it might get some more sales just because tom nook is a tool.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Hey, don't you have a new Wii game press release to create a thread about? Don't let my little flamebait hold you up

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Al3xand3r

Lol, Giant Bomb PR squad wannabes. Pathetic as usual, ignoring everything said and going on a rant about "kids" and "fanboys" with nothing to add to the very valid points brought to the table by many users, most of which have helped this website far more than you given one is a wiki moderator and two others at least regularly update the GB database (no that's not me) and provide topics that spark rational discussions as opposed to flame wars. Nice try though, but first look in the mirror before you call others fanboys out of nowhere while ignoring their points.

DukeEdwardI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By DukeEdwardI

What a waste.  Now that Nintendo owns everybody, there's not a reason to try anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-63ce64d7ef40c
deactivated-63ce64d7ef40c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is this a new thing, or a sequel to original Clock?

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60  Edited By Disgaeamad
Al3xand3r said:
Lol, Giant Bomb PR squad wannabes. Pathetic as usual, ignoring everything said and going on a rant about "kids" and ... [more]
First off, if you want dedicated news, go somewhere else. Giantbomb isn't a site meant for reporting every single bit of information. If the staff aren't interested in the WiiWare releases and the DSiware games, then you can be sure as hell that they won't spend their time making news posts about them.

Secondly, "most of which have helped this website far more than you given one is a wiki moderator and two others at least regularly update the GB database (no that's not me) and provide topics that spark rational discussions as opposed to flame wars". This has fucking nothing to do with anything. Just because a user's done good things in the past doesn't mean they should be treated as if their opinions are always correct. If they put forth idiotic complaints, then they'll be called out on it, regardless of whether or not they've helped the website more than others.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Al3xand3r

Yes, I totally asked for "dedicated news" whatever that means. I don't expect them to be interested in things I am, but I would expect them to not be interested in bs posts like this one and blatantly misinform people about the releases. No, the game isn't likely to appeal to you, or Brad, but it's fucking there, so no, a clock isn't all that was out as he states, and there are games coming to DSiWare, of which many more are available in Japan, and are slowly making their way here. You're okay with lies? What if the next lie is about something that does interest you? You're gonna be fine with that too? Well, you will, because you won't know any better if no user comes to say the information is wrong, and maybe nobody will if the users who do state that stuff are hunted as fanboys by users who clearly don't know better.

As for your comments about the users, I was simply telling you they're far from fanboys, otherwise they wouldn't be aiding a website that they feel has this anti-Nintendo attitude, so maybe you should take them a little more seriously than disrespect them out of nowhere as "kids" and "fanboys" without actually reading what they said or knowing anything about them. Now if you wanna respond to some of that stuff, go respond to that stuff, don't make shit up quoting my post that was made just to tell your attitude off, once again ignoring the things those users said and going all out with the straw man arguments about dedicated news or whatever crap you can think of.

Number1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Number1

God i love the Nintendo Defence Force, it must suck only owning a wii

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Al3xand3r

None of the people you so pathetically try to insult would know what it's like to only own a Wii... And, this thread isn't about the Wii so... LOL, troll.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Disgaeamad
@Al3xand3r: Just because it's there doesn't mean it's newsworthy. Brad made this post to point out the fact that Nintendo are releasing yet another clock which should have been included from the get-go. I'm of the opinion that he used the wrong words on the front page, but I guess you'll just call me part of the GB PR Crew for that. Also, what does the DSiWare having games in Japan have to do with the US releases? There's no guarantee that they'll ever be seen over there.

And when did I ever say that these people were "kids" or "fanboys"? All I did was state that they shouldn't be blatantly defended solely due to their contributions. Hopefully you'll take your own advice: "don't make shit up quoting my post that was made just to tell your attitude off, once again ignoring the things I've said and going all out with the straw man arguments about  whatever crap you can think of."
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Al3xand3r

Those are the comments I defended them from, and you jumped to say they shouldn't be defended like that. So, it seemed you agreed with those comments and felt my defense was inadequate on top of that, though I explained very well the reason wasn't that if one user did good in the past he should be let off the hook in the future but something far different and far more valid. Well, glad to see that was a misunderstanding and you don't think they're fanboys after all and that there's only a difference of opinion here with you thinking it was an unfortunate choice of wording and them thinking it's another in a long series of posts that show a clearly biased attitude. Oh well, agree to disagree.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#66  Edited By Jayge_
Al3xand3r said:
Those are the comments I defended them from, and you jumped to say they shouldn't be defended like that. So, ... [more]
Once again, Al3xand3r goes around making arguments based on assumptions he couldn't possibly have created with a logical base :-/
Serraxor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Serraxor

By the numbers:

North American DSi Releases: 18
Worthwhile DSi Games: 5
DSi Releases ripped from Actual (and better priced) DS games: 5
Free Releases: 1
Useful apps: 2
Clocks: 2

As it turns out, clock downloads make up over 10% of the titles available in the DSi Store. Meanwhile, every DS ever made has a clock already. WTF??

Number1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Number1
@Al3xand3r: Go play your gay fantasy Pop Idol game, and start your own site relishing every bit of crap nintendo drops on you, buy a PS3/360 and learn to enjoy games again.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69  Edited By Milkman

Are you Wii fanboys fucking serious? For fuck's sake man....Take a goddamn break.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Milkman

I know should let this die but one more thing: Since day 1 Giant Bomb has said that they will report things that the majority of people care about. They're not going to report every bit of news or review every game, just what games and news that the majority of people will care to hear about. Now, if you care about Teen Pop Idol Bullshit 2, then maybe you should look to a different website.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Al3xand3r

So people care about this clock more than they care about that game? Great logic there... As for crappy games, I seem to recall a post dedicated to them, so clearly people cared about those crappy games but not this? Meh. Nobody asked to report on every little thing or review every game. This post is about this week's DSiWare releases, yet disregards half of it. Straw man much as usual? Yeah, you should let it die.

Number1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Number1
@Al3xand3r: Yeah i care about it, i think its funny. You obviously don't.  I win
duttyfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By duttyfoot

when are they going to come with some actual games. they have a whole library of past and present games at their disposal.

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Metroid545

and why wasn't this included in the system itself? If its anything more than $2 than your paying too much

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#75  Edited By ManMadeGod

I think it's time to stop expecting anything good to come out of DSiWare; it has been a joke since release.

llyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By llyr

Is anyone suprised about this?   Just look at the garbage that Nintendo puts out on WiiWare

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Linkyshinks
ManMadeGod said:
I think it's time to stop expecting anything good to come out of DSiWare; it has been a joke since ... [more]

Yeah, it's dead and buried, and it only took a month since launch for fools to realize this.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Al3xand3r
Llyr said:
Is anyone suprised about this?   Just look at the garbage that Nintendo puts out on WiiWare
Crap like the Art Style games and some of the best reviewed titles across any platform, digital or not, like World of Goo? Yeah, totally.
Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#79  Edited By Turtlemayor333

Completely hilarious. Yet another clock thing that should be recognized as ridiculous by everyone, regardless of "allegiance." Yet I'm still seeing arguments. Fallout 3's slogan has Metal Gear Solid 4's beat here. War....war never changes.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Al3xand3r

Except the arguments aren't about how damn good the clock is or isn't (just like the OP didn't leave it at that alone) if you actually read them.

Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Turtlemayor333

Short version: You're looking into far too much bro

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Milkman
Al3xand3r said:
Llyr said: Is anyone suprised about this?   Just look at the garbage that Nintendo puts out on WiiWare Crap like ... [more]
This is a completely different argument but World of Goo is freaking crap. I'm so sick of hearing about that damn game.
radicalrobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#83  Edited By radicalrobot

Let's say PSN or XBLA one week released something as goofy as a clock along with a new game to their services, and a news post just reported on the clock-like program and didn't mention the game. It also said "If you were waiting for a new video game release on the [XBLA/PSN] this week, keep on waitin'.", "I thought you were going to start putting some serious games out on [PSN/XBLA]" and "I just want some games to buy at the same time."

The system thats being talked about doesn't matter as much as the misinformation.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#84  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Sitting here laughing a little now, this is pretty ridiculous. Perhaps Nintendo and "core gamers" can reach some kind of compromise though, they could put out a clock-based puzzle game.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Dalai
Milkman said:
Al3xand3r said: Llyr said: Is anyone suprised about this?   Just look at the garbage that Nintendo puts out on WiiWare ... [more]
Oh no you didn't.  Get your Goo-hating ass outta here!

Back to the argument at hand, bashing the clock is fine, whatever.  Clock apps are pretty dumb, but I think a mention of the actual DSiWare game would've been nice.

Meh, it's still not that big of a deal either way.
Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#86  Edited By Brackynews

I just tried out that Animal Crossing calculator today.  Buddy's an engineer and it has a decent unit converter.
That's actually a very nicely designed calculator.  I don't think it should cost money, but it's nicer than any default operating system or cell phone calculator.

As for clocks... yeah.  I'll stick to my singing fish, thanks.

MjsStefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By MjsStefan

Oh well lets hope no one buys it, so we can stop seeing this crap getting released. Though with the free 1000 points that comes with every DSi I can picture some stupid soccer mom buying a cheap app that she thinks she needs. To her does an Art Style game look more appealing than a fucking camera clock app. No.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#88  Edited By JackiJinx
OmegaPirate said:
JackiJinx said: So, when can we expect a review on this righteous Clock? Right nowIt tells the time adequately [more]
But I demand to know, how well does it display my pictures of Rex Harrison?
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#89  Edited By jakob187

Coming next week:  the Watchmen-licensed Doomsday Clock!!!  Will YOU survive until midnight?!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad2b9eed0cdd
deactivated-5ad2b9eed0cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

The game last week was awesome.  This is just garbage. 

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By dagas

They should release GBA games since it can't use the cartridges.

Nogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Nogert

This is all Nintendo about now days, gimmicky shit, ever since the Wii I've despised them.

CoIin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By CoIin

I'm close to being done buying Nintendo products.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By oldschool

Seriously.  The anti Nintendo whiners would have to be the biggest bunch of cry babies ever.  Some journalist comes in and writes a whole heap of poorly written crap that makes him 'cool with the kids', which in itself i so very sad, then out they come, from the underworld to declare how cool they are because they hate Nintendo and want to be noticed by the said poor journalist.  Wow.

There has been no defence of Nintendo by others and there has been no defence of what is a nothing application, not worthy of a story, let alone one with such trashy and poor journalism, no, there has only been a pointing out of the pointless and really terrible journalism.  Get over yourself and stop being such babies.  And Brad, go back to school and learn how to be a proper journalist and stop trying to be cool with the kids.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By The_A_Drain

This is the kind of thing that should be a feature of the console already... Paying for this shit?! Fuck no, i'll call the talking clock if I need the time.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Endogene
@The_A_Drain: The DSi has a clock.

The weird part here is that this does not replaces the system clock (to my knowledge), you actually have to launch the application.
Hef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#97  Edited By Hef

Oh no oldschool! You mean brad doesn't like half of the crap on DSi Ware?  He must be a horrible journalist right, because he doesn't blindly love nintendo like you.  I have a DSi and i agree with brad, aside from picobits and aquia, there's nothing really worth your money.  Basically just the art style games.  But keep in mind that's my opinion, something that everyone has.  And some people might have a different opinion than you from time to time.  Just thought I`d let you know.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Endogene:

Yeah I know it has a clock already, I meant that paying for the ability to have the clock feature a picture as a background is as ludicrous as calling the talking clock instead of looking at your computer/phone/watch/microwave/tv/etc
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By oldschool
Hef said:
Oh no oldschool! You mean brad doesn't like half of the crap on DSi Ware?  He must be a horrible ... [more]
No, Brad is a poor journalist because he writes biased crap that tries to make him cool with the kids.  If you can't see that, then you sir, are blind.  Journalism on this site is poor, including Jeff and Snide.  If you like them, good for you, but it doesn't make them good journalists.  Far from it.

I  dislike their journalism because they write invective opinions poorly disguised as journalism, not because of the Nintendo bias.  I see crap - I call crap.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Al3xand3r
Meh, ppl pay for their dashboard to have different backgrounds... And used to pay for gamer pics... And all sorts of useless shit all sorts of first or third parties put out. People just ignore it. When Nintendo does it it's front page news, lolz Nintendo sux they don't put out teh gaems, nothing to buy. I mean, seriously? It's the fucking DS. We're gonna start questioning if it has or doesn't have games? Go buy a cartridge, don't wait for DSiWare to put out games. What's the install base? Steadily growing I'm sure, but what's the install base compared to normal DS? That's where most of the games are going to be until the DSi has a more solid grasp of the market. Is that outrageous to consider, that the service has been running for about a month, hence of course it doesn't have the back catalogue of XBLA, PSN, or even WiiWare? Jeez... Let's see the PS4, Xbox 720 and WiiToo get a bad rap for not offering as many games as their predecessors until oh, I don't know, 5 years after their launch.