• 159 results
Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Brad

OK, Nintendo, you got me. I thought you were going to start putting some serious games out on DSiWare, what with the one-two punch of Real Soccer 2009 and Art Style: PiCTOBiTS--the latter of which I liked quite a bit--hitting the service these last couple of weeks.

You really had me going, Nintendo! This week, however, we have another clock. Photo Clock, to be precise, which is, well, a photo viewer. And a clock! As if one DSiWare clock wasn't enough.

Photo Clock allows you to enjoy the photos taken with your Nintendo DSi Camera application in a new way. Watch your images appear on the top screen of your Nintendo DSi system according to your chosen display settings (specific photos or all photos; in order or randomly displayed). Select from either an analog or digital clock, using the system's internal clock or offsetting the time however you like. Program up to three alarms – with snooze functionality for those who need it – and assign them a preset ring or use a sound created in Nintendo DSi Sound. Experience all the enjoyment of a photo album while ensuring you won't lose track of the time.

Does this strike anyone else as the sort of functionality that could (should?) have been included in the DSi itself?

Don't get me wrong: In general, I think it's cool that Nintendo is putting out applications like this for the DSi (even if this one is pretty silly). The system certainly has plenty of iPhone-style app potential, with the stylus and two screens and Wi-Fi and all. I just want some games to buy at the same time. Please, Nintendo, tell me you're bringing some new DSiWare games with you to E3.

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Brad

OK, Nintendo, you got me. I thought you were going to start putting some serious games out on DSiWare, what with the one-two punch of Real Soccer 2009 and Art Style: PiCTOBiTS--the latter of which I liked quite a bit--hitting the service these last couple of weeks.

You really had me going, Nintendo! This week, however, we have another clock. Photo Clock, to be precise, which is, well, a photo viewer. And a clock! As if one DSiWare clock wasn't enough.

Photo Clock allows you to enjoy the photos taken with your Nintendo DSi Camera application in a new way. Watch your images appear on the top screen of your Nintendo DSi system according to your chosen display settings (specific photos or all photos; in order or randomly displayed). Select from either an analog or digital clock, using the system's internal clock or offsetting the time however you like. Program up to three alarms – with snooze functionality for those who need it – and assign them a preset ring or use a sound created in Nintendo DSi Sound. Experience all the enjoyment of a photo album while ensuring you won't lose track of the time.

Does this strike anyone else as the sort of functionality that could (should?) have been included in the DSi itself?

Don't get me wrong: In general, I think it's cool that Nintendo is putting out applications like this for the DSi (even if this one is pretty silly). The system certainly has plenty of iPhone-style app potential, with the stylus and two screens and Wi-Fi and all. I just want some games to buy at the same time. Please, Nintendo, tell me you're bringing some new DSiWare games with you to E3.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Milkman

Christ...

pepper_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pepper_2000

STUPID

steve86uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By steve86uk

I'm collecting all the clocks.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Bruce

A picture of your dick with a time shown below, potential...

Aeterna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Aeterna

Really hoping they'll go "OOH, you thought we were serious?" at E3 and then release a ton of games.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By AndrewB

This is why you usually wait to see what a service is going to offer before you buy into it; especially if you are skeptical of it from the beginning.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Endogene

Not a great week yeah... at least something interested got announced  for it today: Ghostwire

By the way, the photo clock is 200 points.

Bunnyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bunnyman

I'm glad they are remembering their handheld origins over at Nintendo. I.e. Game & Watch.

synazrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By synazrael

Let them just get the clockiness out of their system.  I mean seriously, think of all nintendo consoles thus far that couldn't have weekly downloadable clocks ....its built up over the last 30 years >.>

ChrisInCali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By ChrisInCali

Nintendo really just does not give a shit anymore. 

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By keyhunter

The expectation is this shit should be free.

RiddleBrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RiddleBrother
@ChrisInCali: Nintendo Rolls like that.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Linkyshinks

You only have to look at Japan's service to see that cool looking games are on the way. As far as apps, Moving Memo V2 should hit our service during E3, along with some of the other stuff Japan already has. It should be for free, it was in Japan,

You can be absolutely sure Nintendo has some great DSi games to show at E3. Young developers at Nintendo HQ have been working on such titles with guidance from Miyamoto and Aonuma. It will be fascinating to see what Nintendo's young bright things have come up with.

Oy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By Oy

since when did anyone ever expect DSiWare to be any good?  Nintendo is evil.  They raised the price of the DS and people were excited to buy it (again).  Pure Genius or Pure Evil?

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Endogene

You should perhaps have mentioned to avoid confusion that this is not the only game to hit the US DSiWare service today, there is also Americain Popstar: Road to celebrity that looks like a pretty high quality management/rhythm game.

Really good review over at Nintendolife

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#17  Edited By JackiJinx

So, when can we expect a review on this righteous Clock?

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By OmegaPirate
JackiJinx said:
So, when can we expect a review on this righteous Clock?
Right now

It tells the time adequately
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Systech

Someone needs to make a game for DSi Ware that makes fun of Nintendo's clock and calendar fetish.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Linkyshinks

At least the Animal Crossing themed clock and calculator had functionality that appealed to fans, this on the other hand could have so easily been included on firmware.

There are few new games worth downloading on the service currently, but that will change dramtically after E3, just wait and see. I suspect some games and apps will go live during the show.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We need a video review of this. At least a quick look.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Al3xand3r

If games are done will you cover or just ignore them like WiiWare? Is only the negative stuff worth writing? Bubble Bobble Plus for the US today...

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kohe321

OMG this looks like a must get. Or wait...

brydello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By brydello

Oh good... another clock.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Azteck
TripMasterMunky said:
We need a video review of this. At least a quick look.
Definitely! If they don't do it, the giant bomb crew is mad.

</sarcasm>
Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Feanor

Real Soccer on a hand held, I wonder how they managed that.

singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By singular

Knowing this now really got me considering buying a DSi. NOT!!!

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Endogene

"If you were waiting for a new video game release on the DSi this week, keep on waitin'. "

I hate to say it but you are straight out wrong here brad, two items were released in the US today, the Photo clock and Americain Popstar: Road to celebrity

Nintendo DSiWare

American Popstar: Road to Celebrity (Gameloft, 1-4 players, Rated E for Everyone – Comic Mischief, 800 Nintendo DSi Points™): This is your enthralling and interactive success story as a young hopeful in the music milieu. The adventure begins when you get the chance to audition at your Hollywood high school. But the road to celebrity isn't an easy one: Your secret crush is also auditioning, and so is your evil rival. This unique mix of music-themed gaming and social adventure will let you show your talents to the world, take your best photo with the Nintendo DSi system's built-in camera and meet lots of people who may help you build your career. You're about to become the greatest pop star in the world. Talk, share activities and be friendly or unfriendly with numerous characters. Customize your character's name and appearance, and develop skills and personality through your actions. Four musical mini-games include Guitar, Singing, Drums and Dance. Record your voice, take your own photos and sign autographs.

Photo Clock (Nintendo, 1 player, 200 Nintendo DSi Points): Photo Clock allows you to enjoy the photos taken with your Nintendo DSi Camera application in a new way. Watch your images appear on the top screen of your Nintendo DSi system according to your chosen display settings (specific photos or all photos; in order or randomly displayed). Select from either an analog or digital clock, using the system's internal clock or offsetting the time however you like. Program up to three alarms – with snooze functionality for those who need it – and assign them a preset ring or use a sound created in Nintendo DSi Sound. Experience all the enjoyment of a photo album while ensuring you won't lose track of the time.
Source: http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=18489

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#29  Edited By MachoFantastico

My feelings towards the DSi were always true, as never convinced me that it's worth the cash.

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By DrRandle

I. This is probably isn't even at least free. if it's at least free, then whatever, I don't look free gift horses in the mouth (worst case scenario I put 'em down and make horese stakes). But... I.... Geh...

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#31  Edited By damnboyadvance

Yes Nintendo, because everybody wants to look at Playboy photos while checking time on their DS.

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32  Edited By Crono
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By RHCPfan24

This is going to be the best "game" yet!

Robo_Zuul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Robo_Zuul

Man, with the clock on my ipod, my blackberry, and my watch, I am so relieved I can have one on my DSi now too.  This way I can quadruple check the time!

sneakysnake128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sneakysnake128

On the next installment of TANG...

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

Really? A fucking clock? Does the DSi not have one as standard?

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Does it have multiplayer?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#38  Edited By oldschool
This is why I rarely read any Nintendo news from the staff at Giantbomb.  Biased, boring and food for trolls.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Linkyshinks

+1

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Endogene
@oldschool: do not forget inaccurate and incomplete.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By oldschool
Linkyshinks said:
+1
Endogene said:
@oldschool: do not forget inaccurate and incomplete.
Sorry  :-)

Journalim that focuses on the negative, and searches for it as well is poor journalism.  The whole tone of this thread is laced with arsenic.

That is why for my part, I look around for many different stories, not all good, to post on the DS thread, as others do for the Wii thread.
gidoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By gidoff
Everyones_A_Critic said:
Does it have multiplayer?
Yes, Confirmed.
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Endogene
@oldschool: Its mostly the fact that he claims that this is the only piece of software released this week while there are two. The second being a full fledged game rated 8/10 on Nintendo Life and 16/20 on the biggest local site over here.
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Dalai

I think they should come out with some sort of death clock for the DSi.

I see what you did there.
I see what you did there.
ddensel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45  Edited By ddensel

Yeah, Giant Bomb is horribly biased because they didn't mention Pop Superstar: Road to Celebrity.... I smell killer app!

No Caption Provided

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#46  Edited By JonathanMoore

No.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Al3xand3r

No, they're horribly biased because a bad week of no good games for PSN/XBLA is not news worthy but when it comes to DSiWare it's sooooo worth it. And they claim false facts like "no games" as opposed to saying they didn't like this particular game which is wrong no matter how you look at it. And they didn't post about the WiiWare release of this week because it's probably pretty damn good and would miss the anti-Nintendo spirit. And many other reasons that go beyond this particular post and thus will be discussed elsewhere when the appropriate post comes along.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Linkyshinks
ddensel said:
Yeah, Giant Bomb is horribly biased because they didn't mention Pop Superstar: Road to Celebrity.... I smell killer app! [more]

No, numerous articles of a similar nature suggest so. As Endogene points out, the game you mock above has received high scores and came out also, yet there is no mention of it in the OP, because it conflicts with the nature of the article.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By oldschool
MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#50  Edited By MeatSim

Nintendo just seems to make novelty items more then they do real games now a days.