Some neat old footage in this video.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

It's nice to see every Street Fighter EX character Jeff and Brad have namedropped over the years.

Do we think the special effect for a regular fireball hitting someone is a bit much maybe?

No Caption Provided

It's also been nice to see Tenshinhan and Yamcha in DB FighterZ. Tenshinhan didn't win a match the entire run of the Dragonball Z parts of the manga and I'm pretty sure Yamcha never won after like.... No, I'm pretty sure Yamcha just never won a match in the entire manga, unless I'm forgetting some super short thing. But they've got enough moves to make it worthwhile to include them.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who was super skeptical Marvel seems fairly watchable, still plenty of nonsense going on and I'm sure the top characters will grow tiresome quickly; but Haggar chucking barrels is a thing of beauty.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Chun needs more costumes.

No Caption Provided

Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OI

No Caption Provided

It's cool that Menat's costumes can replace her ball with something else. I dunno, if I had to rank these I'd say Cammy's cool-looking school uniform and SF4 costume are the best, followed by Chun-Li's... regular clothes?, Satan Bison and Gill, with everything else being far behind. Cammy's Killer Bee costume isn't really recognizable, though that might change with the undress code the way I presume the Gill costume will have just his thong if you use it. Birdie and FANG look freaking terrifying. Might have to pick up Birdie as Professor Pyg.

New Stage: English Manor - This castle overlooks a sweeping landscape with the Northern Lights hovering up above. It’ll take all your willpower to not be distracted by the beauty of this picturesque stage. You can purchase the English Manor with 70,000 Fight Money or $3.99/ €3.99.

Background Music Packs – These packs will add a personal touch to every battle, especially since music can change how you approach each fight. If you’re feeling nostalgic, there’s a Street Fighter II version available!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5758  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@starvinggamer@redhotchilimist I am deeply offended that Cammy now has the option to wear pants, her rights as an exhibitionist have been violated!

@hmoney001: 3 more in one day no less, fucking capcom all I needed was Swimsuit Kolin; now I have to make more derivative Swimsuit/nearly Swimsuit Chun stuff instead; the agony. Where's that black dress Akiman outfit anyway?

Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: Stockings aren't pants

No Caption Provided

They didn't have this picture up when I read the post. They've been getting out a lot of pretty stages lately.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5760  Edited By hmoney001
Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Cammy with those size 18 flip flops. When did Capcom insist all their female characters needed to have gargantua disease of the hands and feet?

Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the mid-nineties, I think. The Art of Street Fighter book has similar-looking sketches that they presented to the animation studio making the movie. As much as they change up their art style, they've got some hard principles for how they want their characters to look, essentially "Powerful and easily readable".

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#5764  Edited By StarvingGamer

@fredchuckdave: If anything I'm impressed that Cammy has had so many costumes and yet has never once had pants. The closest she has come is leggings/tights/stockings.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@hippie_genocide: They said they make the hands and feet big so that the hits read better

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hmoney001: New Chun Outfit minus skirt is DoA levels of skimpy, Capcom marketing strategy over time is less clothes for Chun and (slightly) more clothes for Cammy.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5767  Edited By Ford_Dent

@fredchuckdave: If that's the case I hope we get the Cammy denim skirt and tights combo from USFIV eventually. That was my favorite costume.

AlvaroFAraujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhotchilimist: You are right about that except on a little detail:

Yamcha never won a fight during the World Tournament after the initials fights. He always lost on the first match, 1st against Jackie, 2nd against Tien, 3rd against Kami (while using a human body). In Z he only won against Butter (but that doesnt count since its Filler), that fight happens after Picollo is revived and sent to Namek.

The only instances that Yamcha wins is against Invisible Man, at Baba's castle and against Goku when he first appears (he had him beat since Goku was tired from starvation but Bulma woke up)

They even joke about this in DB Super by not inviting Yamcha for the tournament, since he is too weak.

I've got to say as a huge fan of Dragon Ball I'm very excited for seeing this game getting the proper treatment the series needs. I couldn't try the BETA but I'm wishful. In my opinion the addition of Yamcha might pull interest from non DB fans considering his moves resembles Wolverine's, in particular that Wolf fang fist.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5770  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Can 2 months of early access save FChamp and JWong from Sonic Fox? Of course since its Marvel its all a wash until July next year.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

DoA Fighter V

Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some days playing Street Fighter V is a joy, some days are like yesterday and all I meet for two hours are Ryus, Kens and Akumas. Sagat and Sakura might actually be a relief at this point if they expand the roster most people use from three to five.

@alvarofaraujo said:

@redhotchilimist: You are right about that except on a little detail:

Yamcha never won a fight during the World Tournament after the initials fights. He always lost on the first match, 1st against Jackie, 2nd against Tien, 3rd against Kami (while using a human body). In Z he only won against Butter (but that doesnt count since its Filler), that fight happens after Picollo is revived and sent to Namek.

The only instances that Yamcha wins is against Invisible Man, at Baba's castle and against Goku when he first appears (he had him beat since Goku was tired from starvation but Bulma woke up)

They even joke about this in DB Super by not inviting Yamcha for the tournament, since he is too weak.

I've got to say as a huge fan of Dragon Ball I'm very excited for seeing this game getting the proper treatment the series needs. I couldn't try the BETA but I'm wishful. In my opinion the addition of Yamcha might pull interest from non DB fans considering his moves resembles Wolverine's, in particular that Wolf fang fist.

I totally forgot about him ever doing any damage to Goku and beating the Invisible Man(Invisible Man got robbed, man). I'm glad he might get some time in the limelight in this game. I don't dislike him or anything, and his spirit ball is a cool move, but dude has just never got any time to shine. I'm even more excited about Tenshinhan, that guy has a ton of interesting moves left from the tournaments he was in. I'm not expecting him to grow four arms or split himself into four, but I'd be real pleased to see it.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun Some man from the Philippines (he also uses UC Chun, unsure on PJs):

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Re: Juris and Mikas as far as tournaments go there's basically 1 Juri and 3 Mikas; but for good Mikas worldwide it's around 6 with Fuudo, Nuckledu, Luffy, 200won, KoF 99 TW, and Fake Daigo (now Fake Du); with Juris it is also 6 with Gentleman Thief, Hsien Chang, Ai Ai, Yossan, Samurai X, and Infiltration; so perhaps by accident you were more or less right. Of course compared to Menat (Majorboy, GO1), Kolin (Poongko, arguably Majorboy), and Ed (Majorboy) there's a lot more good Juris and Mikas out there. The Kolins are catching up though. Based on Taiwanese success this year it wouldn't surprise me if KoF 99 TW was a surprise contender for Capcup next year.

Dogura with his 4th 9th place this year, probably needs better than 9th at TW Fighter to make it in, but perhaps 9th at both that and Canada Cup would be sufficient.

jam64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5774  Edited By jam64

Hey all! I'm hosting a Marvel Vs Capcom infinite ps4 tourney this saturday.

If you are interested in joining here is the link to the forum post on where to sign up. Forum post link

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5775  Edited By Belegorm

Well I'm en route to Akihabara now to buy an arcade stick, sucks there's no place closer.

I'm not sure if my weird laptop will handle SFV well but if not I'll play ST and 3S till next month when I can get a PS4

Edit: woo found a TE2, more expensive than I was planning on but people still really love these things

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5776  Edited By hassun

@belegorm said:

Well I'm en route to Akihabara now to buy an arcade stick, sucks there's no place closer.

I'm not sure if my weird laptop will handle SFV well but if not I'll play ST and 3S till next month when I can get a PS4

Edit: woo found a TE2, more expensive than I was planning on but people still really love these things

How much? (If you don't mind me asking.)

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun said:
@belegorm said:

How much? (If you don't mind me asking.)

It was just under 30,000 yen which currently adds up to roughly $267 USD.

Definitely more than I've ever spent on a stick before, and I'm nervous that if I have any problems, madcatz is gone now. But still, I needed that sanwa joystick and buttons, and that weight on the case.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5778  Edited By hmoney001

Replacing parts on a TE2 will be real easy if there are any issues.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5779  Edited By Belegorm

Played SFV against a friend from the East Coast and I'm in Japan, very playable lag-wise

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5782  Edited By hmoney001

I got you fam...

Loading Video...

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So SFV is in fact coming to arcades in Japan soon! http://shoryuken.com/2017/10/04/street-fighter-v-arcade-version-to-be-playable-in-japan-on-october-21-and-22/

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well there it is...

Loading Video...

Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Details.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Glad to finally have it out in the open. It's not something I've been holding my breath for personally exactly, I'm probably not gonna play the arcade mode a ton. But I hope this might placate some of the people that felt burned or weren't interested in SFV because of the lack of content specifically. Not that I think, say, Jeff ever forgets or forgives. Cool to see Extra Mode, too. I remember the leaks mentioning a mode where you could fight against Shadaloo grunts. I expect a Smash Bros-style Event Mode with special objectives.

It's nice to see some new UI, though I was way into the blue look. Perhaps this stuff loads faster, that would be pretty neat. I think the clips from the new intro movie look cool, and hopefully with that gallery feature we can actually watch them more than once.

Loading Video...

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5787  Edited By hassun

That minions in the back of the Ono video are

No Caption Provided
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: Lol, but yeah, I had to pause and watch him too.

More details

No Caption Provided

Does this count as Cammy with pants? #StreetFighterViewtiful

To commemorate the 30th anniversary of Street Fighter,

you can enjoy the story paths of 6 SF games.

There's an ending comic panel for each character in each path.

Of course, you can turn on Fight Request while taking on Arcade Mode as well!

No Caption Provided

Maybe I'm a little excited after all

Edit: No that's totally Rashid, not Cammy

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Free update except the characters right?

Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l1ghtn1n said:

(If they're doing other Capcom costumes I want Ed as Gene please.)

Yes please

@l1ghtn1n said:

(If Blanka is in S3 I take all this back)

If Blanka isn't in Season 3 I'll consider eating the disc. All I really want at this point is Blanka, Honda, Makoto and Hakan.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5793  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@redhotchilimist: Sagat and Sakura are basically guaranteed, Decapre, Makoto, and C. Viper are all relatively likely; probably ~2 new or rarely seen characters. Blanka, Honda, and Hakan are very unlikely, though Honda in S4 or S5 could happen, Blanka maybe as well.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess its time to double dip on the PS4 ver.

Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l1ghtn1n: @fredchuckdave: I guess I could live with only Makoto in a pinch. I'm not expecting C. Viper, though. There was that one commenter that somehow knew about Menat and all that jazz waaaay ahead of time, and he said that Oro, Q and C. Viper weren't gonna be in season 3 when rumors went around that they were. Obviously he could be wrong or talking out of his ass, but so far so good when it comes to his insider knowledge.

No Caption Provided

I like this new UI. It's nothing if not tacky, but I somehow really like it in the context of Street Fighter, and their anniversary.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been total ass since I started playing SFV again and was having character crisis, kept on trying Ryu, Chun (had best results with Chun), Balrog, Guile.

Somehow went on a tear with Ken though, had a 7 game win streak going on. Haven't had this much LP since launch (still not much).

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5797  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@belegorm: Only like 15000 more wins to go before you match Trashbox's 100k LP!

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I'm into this update. I like the new look and its significantly gaudier display, and there is a good chance I will get Sakura in S3, so... perfect. By the end of 2018 I will have the perfect Street Fighter game (because I can turn the soundtrack off and put on the 3rd Strike soundtrack instead).

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Arcsys just released some footage of the early BBCT build

Loading Video...

People are reporting:

• 5 button control scheme: A, B, C, Assist, Tag
  • Characters have multiple assists
  • Can spend meter to extend assists for two-on-one onsloughts
  • Repeating A+B will give you an autocombo
  • Resonance Blaze is a comeback mechanic that regenerates health, builds meter faster, and makes moves stronger, accessible after one character is downed
  • If you attempt to throw out of range character will dash forward a bit get in range (interesting)
  • Also the character screen has a another row of character slots separated from the other series simply labeled ETC. *Insert speculation about conspicuous meetings with Riot Games and SNK*
  • Official tweets have said to not look into the number of slots shown here as they are placeholders, but do expect more BlazBlue characters than the other series

I'm pretty excited for this, and impressed how slick it already looks for a "pre-alpha" build, whatever that actually means.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5800  Edited By hassun