For someone who owns neither, which is the better buy?

• 118 results
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By pause422

It looks like your preference is heading towards PS3 for several specific reasons,I say go for it,though here is some information you may want, the problem lays with time as far as backwards compatibility goes. See,the current PS3 80 GB models,are fully backwards compatible,unlike the 40's. however in September I believe they said,they're basically increasing th 40's size to 80, and dropping the price 100 bucks(while the price drop is nice) since its then basically just the 40 model with a bigger HD,it loses its backwards compatibility.(although all PS1 games are compatible with any system I believe)

As far as the other questions you had,PS3 requires some installs on the console for certain games,but its never anything long,and other than that the save files on either platform aren't going to take up much space. And you'll want to pick up a DualShock 3,don't think they are putting them in boxes yet,its a bit more cash but its totally worth it,best controller to exist yet with best rumble. Also  (assuming you have an HD tv,if not don't worry about it) you'll need to get an HDMI cable for the system. You can usually find them pretty cheap,really just depends on the length you need for the area you're setting your console up in.

Hopefully some of this information is helpful.

dietz057

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By dietz057

Both systems have great titles available.  I own a 360 and it has suited me better.  If you aren't concerned with blu ray, I think the price would be a good selling point for you.  However, you might want to buy based on what your friends own as well.  If your pals are all playing COD4 on Xbox live, I'd go with the 360.  Think of your needs and that will help you make the right decision.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By pause422

Oh yeah dietz,if you thought I was just preaching the PS3 is better up top I wasn't,but he said hes leaning towards the PS3 atm,so I was explaining further details about its current arrangements and things to get along with it.The 360 is still a great choice as well as I said,it comes down to his specific preferences,highly in terms of exclusives,and more friends playing on which system.

Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Thunder

Your forgetting gears of war in your 360 exclusives

it would be a tough choice between PS3 and a 360 both of them have some good exclusives but right now i would go with a 360 until the Fall then consider getting a PS3

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By pause422

Wow I honestly forgot to list Gears,can't believe that lol,but I'm sure hes aware of its existence regardless of my stupidity >.<

tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By tariqari

Ah I didn't know the PS3 gained a price drop. Both may be an option then. If I buy any I will only do it through Costco. Costco online is sold out on PS3s right now and so isn't my nearest store. My Costco near me has a 360 pro only with 12 mos silver and an extra controller, no games for 349.99. Also if I get hardware failures I can easily bring it back with their awesome return policies. Still, I think I'll hold out till I'm positive about the PS3. I've only been to one Costco and there are others within my reach.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By Black_Rose

I like the 360 better

normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By normajean777

well it looks like you are leaning towards the ps3 well thats a great choice i have all three and yeah just dont buy a wii lol. ill make a list fo you

reliability= ps3 doesnt brake as much, sturdier
games= thats subjective IMO ps3 is better for this area as 99% chance no exclusive will go to the pc  ex. NO RPGS at the moment. 360 has a lot of shooters and the most rpgs at the moment.
online= well for not paying the ps3 is pretty good you can download movies and such and the games work just fine most of the time. Live is great but you do have to pay and it can add up.
accesories= well the xbox comes with hd cables and a wireless controller with no play and charge kit. ps3 come with no hd cables (you can find cheap cables at monoprice.com about 6 bucks for a hdmi cable) and the ps3 controller has no batteries it is built in and does not include having to spend money on a play and charge kit.

thas about it just look up some exclusives and make your choice from there both are great but as most of you can prob. see i prefer the ps3.

Avatar image for spiredcrescent7
SpiredCrescent7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#59  Edited By SpiredCrescent7

I was a huge fan of ps2 but always had hardware trouble.  I have never had any with either xbox or the 360.  I chose the 360 because of its large game library.  I can't say this is due to a lot of pc ports or a year head start, but i feel as if the 360 has a lot more variety.  I also am fond of the controller.  Xbox live is the best online service, but you have to pay for it.  The hardware makes a lot of noise and many failures, but i personally have had no problem with it.

Ps3 has great games as well, but there isn't a large amount of them.  With that being said i think we all can agree that sony is kinda busting out this year and becoming better and better, if this trend continues we could see ps3 stacking up more against microsoft.  Also if your into the blue ray dvd thing just go ahead and get a ps3 you'll kill two birds with one stone cuz ps3 has great games and a blue ray player, but if just wanting a gaming platform i go with 360 as of right now

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By zeus_gb

Or just get a new PC.

Avatar image for spiredcrescent7
SpiredCrescent7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#61  Edited By SpiredCrescent7

I have been thinking about getting a ps3 but they have had so many different packages (different types) its hard for me to figure out what im getting.  If you go with this just make sure you get the model with all the backwards compatibilty and wi-fi as that the most fully functional one, i wouldn't worry to much about memory since you can put a laptop hardrive in there pretty easy

KillerFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 33

#62  Edited By KillerFly
I love my 360, but for the sake of making a case for PS3:

The PS3 won't scratch your discs. That's a common problem with the 360.

The PS3 has Resistance, Heavenly Sword, God of War III, Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, Valkyria Chronicles, inFamous, Warhawk, and other exclusives.

Slimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Slimer

With regards to the controller thing, the ps3 controller feels like a wireless version of the old ps2 controllers. The 360 controller is different, but not bad either. However, you can use a 360 controller with your pc. The wired controllers are plug and play, but you need to buy some kind of adapter to use the wireless ones. A lot of recent pc games have come with 360 controller mapping already done - by that i mean when you switch to that controller it comes up with the buttons, rather than a key on the keyboard (tomb raider anniversary and resident evil 4 are two examples that i've played)

PS3 backwards compatibility - as far as I remember PS1 games DO NOT work on the ps3. However, they were supposed to be bringing some out on the PSN (in the way xbox originals are on XBLM). Thats not based on solid fact though, i've never tried it myself. As for PS2 compatibility, the old 60gb and the current 80gb PS3's are backwards compatible (they were the ones with 4 usb ports). The 40gb version (with 2 usb ports) isnt backwards compatible. so with them replacing the 80gb with the 40gb version with a bigger hdd, im not sure if it'll be compatible.

As for the RRoD problem with the 360, MS have (supposedly) fixed the problem with the newer build of 360's, with the inclusion of the falcon chip and such. Thats not saying that you'll never get a RRoD with a new 360, but its a lot less frequent now. That and MS have extended the warranty on the 360's to 3 years for RRoD problems. So if it does ever happen, chances are you won't have to pay to have it fixed.

Online services - I've never used the PSN, so I don't have an opinion on how well it works. as for XBL, sure you have to pay for gold membership, but the service is spectacular. It's easy to use and it works well.

As for the games ... they both have really good games, and they both have pretty crappy games. If you buy one console over the other, you're still going to have a lot of good games to keep you busy. The only advantage I would say 360 games have over their counterparts on the ps3 is the achievements. If you do get a 360, within the first few weeks/months, you'll probably become a points-whore. Everyone does when they first start playing.

So to summarise, personally choosing between them is like picking heads or tails on a coin. If money is no object then I would say both. If money is a problem (like it is with many of us), i'd say pick the one you feel happier with the most, then later on down the line you can always buy the other one. I've been a 360 owner since launch and I love it (even though i have had 2 RRoD >_< ), but I'm planning on picking up a ps3 soon for their exclusive games. If you can get your hands on an old PS3 that has the full backwards compatibility, I would recommend buying it - cause they may not be around much longer.

Glitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Glitch

About controllers:  why not go to a store and try out the controllers at a demo stand (there is bound to be one in your area)

Games:  Right now Xbox has stronger titles, that may change in the future but you can't forget the Xbox's record of good games.
Backward Compatibility:  The Xbox has partial backwards compatibility on all consoles LIST HERE.  The PS3 currently has partial backwards compatibility on 80 gb and none on the 40 gb.     
Price: You can get a 20 gb 360 for $300 (US) right now and the elite for $450. [all partial backwards compatability]      The PS3 doesn't really have a price cut as much as another 40 gb on the 40 gb with no back compatibility that comes in August(?). [$400 US]    The only way to get Backwards compatibility for PS3 right now is the $500 MGS4 Bundle which is a pretty good deal if your looking for MGS4.

Both are good options and you can't go wrong with either
DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By DarkLegend

Xbox 360, just look at the game selection.

Shaolin_Munkeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Shaolin_Munkeh

I ain't no damn computer console sales man partner, I'd go with the ZX Spectrum though. It has the fastest tape turning mechanism out of any of the current computer games thingymagigs, and if you get bored of your games you can just record the latest Bonjovi or ZZ Top album over them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpiredCrescent7 said:
"I have been thinking about getting a ps3 but they have had so many different packages (different types) its hard for me to figure out what im getting.  If you go with this just make sure you get the model with all the backwards compatibilty and wi-fi as that the most fully functional one, i wouldn't worry to much about memory since you can put a laptop hardrive in there pretty easy
"

All of them have wifi in. Just some that don't have full backwards compatibility, and only 2 usb ports rather then 4, plus no compact flash/msdmemory stick/sd memory stick slots.

Just find an 80GB thats still out there and you'll be good to, its worth it.

Slimer said:
"

With regards to the controller thing, the ps3 controller feels like a wireless version of the old ps2 controllers. The 360 controller is different, but not bad either. However, you can use a 360 controller with your pc. The wired controllers are plug and play, but you need to buy some kind of adapter to use the wireless ones. A lot of recent pc games have come with 360 controller mapping already done - by that i mean when you switch to that controller it comes up with the buttons, rather than a key on the keyboard (tomb raider anniversary and resident evil 4 are two examples that i've played)

PS3 backwards compatibility - as far as I remember PS1 games DO NOT work on the ps3. However, they were supposed to be bringing some out on the PSN (in the way xbox originals are on XBLM). Thats not based on solid fact though, i've never tried it myself. As for PS2 compatibility, the old 60gb and the current 80gb PS3's are backwards compatible (they were the ones with 4 usb ports). The 40gb version (with 2 usb ports) isnt backwards compatible. so with them replacing the 80gb with the 40gb version with a bigger hdd, im not sure if it'll be compatible.

As for the RRoD problem with the 360, MS have (supposedly) fixed the problem with the newer build of 360's, with the inclusion of the falcon chip and such. Thats not saying that you'll never get a RRoD with a new 360, but its a lot less frequent now. That and MS have extended the warranty on the 360's to 3 years for RRoD problems. So if it does ever happen, chances are you won't have to pay to have it fixed.

Online services - I've never used the PSN, so I don't have an opinion on how well it works. as for XBL, sure you have to pay for gold membership, but the service is spectacular. It's easy to use and it works well.

As for the games ... they both have really good games, and they both have pretty crappy games. If you buy one console over the other, you're still going to have a lot of good games to keep you busy. The only advantage I would say 360 games have over their counterparts on the ps3 is the achievements. If you do get a 360, within the first few weeks/months, you'll probably become a points-whore. Everyone does when they first start playing.

So to summarise, personally choosing between them is like picking heads or tails on a coin. If money is no object then I would say both. If money is a problem (like it is with many of us), i'd say pick the one you feel happier with the most, then later on down the line you can always buy the other one. I've been a 360 owner since launch and I love it (even though i have had 2 RRoD >_< ), but I'm planning on picking up a ps3 soon for their exclusive games. If you can get your hands on an old PS3 that has the full backwards compatibility, I would recommend buying it - cause they may not be around much longer.

"

I like the PS3 controller more, not only because of the feel of it, because it needs no charger or batteries, just plug it into the USB/charge and play.

Actually ALL PS3s include PS1 b/c, its just that some (40GB) dont include full PS2 b/c, but that can be added in later via software. And btw, they have brought out a ton of PS1 games, since launch they have, it was out before Xbox Originals even started btw.

Yeah RRoD is still a problem, just not as big of a problem, but its nothing to worry too greatly about, unless you hate returning your console and waiting to get it back.

XBL is better then PSN but its not worth the price if you look at what both offer, honestly. And PSN is always improving (like they have been since launch) so within no time it will reach XBL quality, which it almost already has, making the 50 dollar price tag just not worth it enough. But for now, if you have the money, and really care about all the small details then XBL is better.

On achievments, thats not really an advantage anymore since PS3 has trophies now, which IMO is way better then gamerscore, instead it has levels which I like a lot more and im not alone there.

It's a tough call but when looking into the future and what it will have to offer you here and now, as well as down the line, PS3 is just more worth it. :)
Ubergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#68  Edited By Ubergeist

360 has a lot better games imo. The ones that are cross platform seem to play better on 360 also. The fee for Live is worth it too. Also, my 360 isn't loud like everyone elses is for some reason. Maybe I just can't hear too well...

Slimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Slimer
Sentry said:
I like the PS3 controller more, not only because of the feel of it, because it needs no charger or batteries, just plug it into the USB/charge and play.

Actually ALL PS3s include PS1 b/c, its just that some (40GB) dont include full PS2 b/c, but that can be added in later via software. And btw, they have brought out a ton of PS1 games, since launch they have, it was out before Xbox Originals even started btw.

Yeah RRoD is still a problem, just not as big of a problem, but its nothing to worry too greatly about, unless you hate returning your console and waiting to get it back.

XBL is better then PSN but its not worth the price if you look at what both offer, honestly. And PSN is always improving (like they have been since launch) so within no time it will reach XBL quality, which it almost already has, making the 50 dollar price tag just not worth it enough. But for now, if you have the money, and really care about all the small details then XBL is better.

On achievments, thats not really an advantage anymore since PS3 has trophies now, which IMO is way better then gamerscore, instead it has levels which I like a lot more and im not alone there.

It's a tough call but when looking into the future and what it will have to offer you here and now, as well as down the line, PS3 is just more worth it. :)
"

Ah cool, having full compatibility with PS1 games is pretty awesome.

In my experience (I live in UK so may be different, probably isnt though) it takes about 4 weeks to get your 360 back after sending it off with a RRoD.

Another thing to mention about the XBL vs PSN thing, is the eventual inclusion of Home. It looks interesting and weird, but still pretty cool in its own right. Not quite sure when they are ever going to release it though, whenever they set a date they always push it back :P Hopefully though they'll be close to (or already have) releasing it by the time i get my PS3

I think basically though, you've got two very good consoles - and trying to choose between the two is getting harder. Either has so many goodies that you won't be overly disappointed - and both would be awesome.

FaintDeftone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By FaintDeftone

While I think the PS3 is the better hardware, the Xbox 360 is better in terms of online service, community, games, and overall support from third parties. Now that Microsoft seems to have ironed out the red ring issues, there isn't any reason for a gamer not to own one.

The PS3 is a fantastic system but if you don't care about blu-ray then the value drops big time. The selection of games aren't as good as the 360s.

Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Evilross

I used to own a 360, and I really enjoyed games like Lost Odyessy and Blue Dragon. Unfortunately, I'm a married father of two young kids, and I don't have alot of times to play games anymore. My 360 broke down twice with the RROD in the 2 years I had it, and both times I sent it back to Microsoft and they send me a new console. It took about a month from the time of breakdown to the time the new console arrived each time. Then on the 3rd one, the disc drive failed, and destroyed one of my game discs. Microsoft would fix it, but wanted to charge me $100 for the repair, saying the disc drive wasn't covered.
So I bought a PS3 the next day, and I enjoy it just as much if not more then the 360. I really liked Uncharted, and I have a pretty large library of games built up on it right now. My wife loves buying new Blu-Rays, and some of the other features like the web browser and themes I actually use alot.
I don't get alot of free time anymore, and I just can't justify sending in my console for a month every few months. I need something I can relax with in my free time, and know its working, and isn't lible to kill over if I look at it wrong.
The game library is 90% the same, and the majority of the good 3rd party software is made avalible on PC, 360, and PS3.
But to to tell the truth, if the hardest choice you have to make this gen is purchacing a PS3 or a 360, then I'm gonna say its a damn good time to be a gamer.

tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By tariqari

How do I tell which model has full backwards compatibility? (PS3)

Avatar image for luckywanderdude
LuckyWanderDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By LuckyWanderDude

Xbox 360 all the way!

tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By tariqari
Tarsier said:
"I bet he already has a PS3 or 360 and just made this thread to start arguments and flame wars."
I own neither, and I made the thread to be more open to anyone who owns neither or just one of the consoles, and was thinking about the other but wasn't sure of its features. Its not exactly easy to figure out the major differences between the two.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evilross said:
"I used to own a 360, and I really enjoyed games like Lost Odyessy and Blue Dragon. Unfortunately, I'm a married father of two young kids, and I don't have alot of times to play games anymore. My 360 broke down twice with the RROD in the 2 years I had it, and both times I sent it back to Microsoft and they send me a new console. It took about a month from the time of breakdown to the time the new console arrived each time. Then on the 3rd one, the disc drive failed, and destroyed one of my game discs. Microsoft would fix it, but wanted to charge me $100 for the repair, saying the disc drive wasn't covered.
So I bought a PS3 the next day, and I enjoy it just as much if not more then the 360. I really liked Uncharted, and I have a pretty large library of games built up on it right now. My wife loves buying new Blu-Rays, and some of the other features like the web browser and themes I actually use alot.
I don't get alot of free time anymore, and I just can't justify sending in my console for a month every few months. I need something I can relax with in my free time, and know its working, and isn't lible to kill over if I look at it wrong.
The game library is 90% the same, and the majority of the good 3rd party software is made avalible on PC, 360, and PS3.
But to to tell the truth, if the hardest choice you have to make this gen is purchacing a PS3 or a 360, then I'm gonna say its a damn good time to be a gamer."

You totally need to buy games like Pain and PJ Monsters for your kids and the family, I had a huge family gathering a while back and we were all on the system with PSN games, it was really great.

Slimer said:
"Sentry said:

"

Ah cool, having full compatibility with PS1 games is pretty awesome.

In my experience (I live in UK so may be different, probably isnt though) it takes about 4 weeks to get your 360 back after sending it off with a RRoD.

Another thing to mention about the XBL vs PSN thing, is the eventual inclusion of Home. It looks interesting and weird, but still pretty cool in its own right. Not quite sure when they are ever going to release it though, whenever they set a date they always push it back :P Hopefully though they'll be close to (or already have) releasing it by the time i get my PS3

I think basically though, you've got two very good consoles - and trying to choose between the two is getting harder. Either has so many goodies that you won't be overly disappointed - and both would be awesome.

"

Yeah, its really helpful, especially since all PS1 game work in remote play so I can be at my friends house with my PSP, then turn on my PS3 remotely from there, and play a PS1 game thats in the system/on the hard drive. Really helpful.

Yeah Home is awesome, trust me. I have been using it for more than a year now and I think it has amazing potential in the online gaming world. Like a real community of gamers.
normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By normajean777

ps3 models with full bc are 60gb and 20gb but are discontinued you will find these on ebay or amazon
80gb= partial bc there is a list on google that you can look up
but the new 80gb will not be able to play ps2 games so if you can find an 80gb now get it while you can.
40gb= no ps2 games but can play ps1 games
 AND TO MAKE THIS CLEAR EVERY PS3 IS BC WITH PS1 GAMES

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#77  Edited By OGCartman

Both

tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By tariqari
normajean777 said:
"ps3 models with full bc are 60gb and 20gb but are discontinued you will find these on ebay or amazon
but the new 80gb will not be able to play ps2 games so if you can find an 80gb now get it while you can.
"
Wow why are they doing that to the 80 gig? Charge more money with addons later?
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#79  Edited By serbsta

I think the PS3 is the way to go at the moment even though i side with MS a lot.

Xeno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Xeno

360, right now there's just more functionality and more games to play.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

serbsta said:
"I think the PS3 is the way to go at the moment even though i side with MS a lot.
"

Oh my god people like you really do exist?
Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Magnum

I think it just comes down to what you like better Japanese style games or Western.

If you get a PS3 I would recommend MGS4, Little Big Planet and Valkyria Chronicles. They look awesome.

If you get a X360 check out Mass Effect, Gears of War and Halo.
normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By normajean777
tariqari said:
"normajean777 said:
"ps3 models with full bc are 60gb and 20gb but are discontinued you will find these on ebay or amazon
"
Wow why are they doing that to the 80 gig? Charge more money with addons later?
"
No basically all they are doing is putting a 80gb hardrive in the 40gb model and selling it for the price of the 40gig. (399) every thing that is with the 40gig will come with the new 80gig. That being said that is why it will not play ps2 games. The 40gig out now does not play ps2 games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magnum said:
"I think it just comes down to what you like better Japanese style games or Western.

If you get a PS3 I would recommend MGS4, Little Big Planet and Valkyria Chronicles. They look awesome.

If you get a X360 check out Mass Effect, Gears of War and Halo.
"

?_?
CB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By CB

Well to be honest I sold my PS3 to a friend after pretty much playing every single game it had to offer thanks to Gamefly (Most PS3 games don't have replay value imo) but I'm still looking at games for the 360 because there's many to choose from.

Shaymarx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Shaymarx1

Personaly I own a 360 (elite) the price point of a PS3 and the inabillity to play PS2 games are the two main reasons why I don't have a PS3.  For whatever reason it has only been since May that PS3 games have dropped in price to that of 360, in many places they were £5 more expensive.
Either way neither are offering me what I'd like.  I like good games.  But if i'm buying these games to enjoy forever chances are they are fantastic.  These would include Zelda games, Shenmue, Resident Evil, GTA , Star Fox, MSR / PGR, (great) Sonic titles and RPGs such as Skies of Arcadia.  I'm not a fan of FPS or RTS and for what ever reason the industry is focused on FPS like theres no tomorrow.  Yes I will probably rent Fall Out 3, but games such as COD or GRAW just blip past my radar. 

Yes we now have GTA4 and RE5 is coming but how many more sub-par games do I have to stare at before Shenmue gets a new release,  when will someone other than Nintendo release an adventure game as good as Zelda?  
Fable 2 may live up to all it's promises but unless the experiance as good as zelda's it's not going to be doing much at all. 

GumbieuK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By GumbieuK

Xbox 360, far better exclusives and online is absolutely brilliant.

dev_ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#88  Edited By dev_ron

i like xbox better than ps3. but i wouldn't mind having both of 'em. if i have to make a choice then it's obviously  the box.

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 14

#89  Edited By Aarny91

PS3.

Avatar image for weskers_evil_brother
Weskers_evil_brother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I choose the Ps3 because of the 360s huge fail rate.

Esineon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Esineon
Im sellin my 360 to a friend and getting a PS3... personally both have pros and cons, but Ima MGS junkie and I need my fix!!
Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Jordan23

Yo! This is a tough one, both are helluva sweet consoles. I personally prefer PlayStation 3 mainly for the games that I grew up with on Sony hardware. Microsoft's Xbox 360 has the unmatched Xbox Live (that is simply an amazing online service), but Sony's PlayStation Network is coming up the ranks as well.

If you can afford both gaming consoles, I'll recommend you do just that, if not (maybe just flip an coin).

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Riddler

buy whatever the fuck has more games you want to play.

you wanna play MGS4, go get a ps3

You wanna play Gears of war, Fable, Halo, ninja gaiden, Mass effect, Star ocean 4, Forza, Deadrising get a 360.

PSN is Garbage, Dont give a shit about Bluray, dont wanna wait a year to play games like Bioshock/Oblivion so i choose a 360, simple.

namster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#94  Edited By namster

if you enjoy rpgs and anything japanese get a ps3

if you enjoy shooters get a 360

Hell_D3mon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Hell_D3mon
tariqari said:
"Hell_D3mon said:
"To me, it honestly feels like you already made up your mind...
"
I have? I feel like I'm far from it and I have yet to distinguish any major differences between the two consoles. Aside from having blu-ray, but then you are paying more to have that feature. Exclusives, exclusives, and more exclusives. These are really the only thing (ATM) breaking the consoles up to me. The new 360 interface does look appealing, but I've not really seen any images of the PS3 interface or PS3 network. If someone could post some that would be great.
"
Really, spending 1 whole day on the internet (google, searching game databases, etc)  could garner you a ton more info than this thread ever would.   And sure in all actuality, maybe you haven't made your mind up yet, but you really are dragging along.  Worst thing you could ever do is wait and listen to internet users.    Here's a hint (never ask game store employee's about anything video game related either).
ldt1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By ldt1982

I own a PS3 and have played the 360 and my friends home's and I would choose the ps3. Why because the ps3 is finally gaining steam on the features the 360 has in reguards to the online community features. Also the ps3to me is having the best lineup of games this year and the first half of next year. LBP, MAG, DC Universe, Resistance 2, and others. Oh and Metal Gear Solid 4. Easily the best looking game I have ever seen. Also the ps3 is getting cheaper so what the hell why not a ps3. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

namster said:
"if you enjoy rpgs and anything japanese get a ps3

if you enjoy shooters get a 360
"

I believe the PS3 has more shooters then the 360 now.. :P
snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#98  Edited By snide

If you watch movies at all, I'd go with the PS3 simply for blu ray. I would have said x360 a year ago due to the amount of exclusives there, but with MGS4, the ps3 now has it's own killer game.

I love my ps3 mostly because I love movies and Blu-Ray is pretty bad ass.

jessethompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By jessethompson

Look at the games and pick.  It's not a difficult choice.  Easy.  About live being better then PSN.... Ya, PSN is way younger, therefore insuperior by a large margine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

snide said:
"

If you watch movies at all, I'd go with the PS3 simply for blu ray. I would have said x360 a year ago due to the amount of exclusives there, but with MGS4, the ps3 now has it's own killer game.

I love my ps3 mostly because I love movies and Blu-Ray is pretty bad ass.

"

Exactly what I would have said, a year ago things would be different... but war has changed.