For someone who owns neither, which is the better buy?

• 118 results
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#101  Edited By Red

I own both and I have to say that I like the PS3 a lot more.

First off, the PS3 is $400 for 40gigs and a blu-ray player while the 360 is $350 for 20gigs and no blu-ray. If you go with the PS3 you'll get a Blu-Ray player and 20gigs more for an extra fifty bucks. Also, the PS3 is a total breeze to set up for online. Since I have a PSP I created an account on my computer for PSP stuff and then I super-easily set up a connection (Super fast too) and an account for free in about 5 minutes. The 360, on the other hand can either go wireless or wired (The PS3 can go wired too, but, it has built in wireless.) If you want to go wireless you'll have to get a wireless internet reciever for $100. Yeah. So, if you want to go wireless online with the 360 it'll cost you an extra $150 (Xbox Live costs) so the price is jacked up to $500 and no blu-ray player and not too much storage space.

Then, once you've got everything set up on the 360, the online is good, it has some things the PS3 needs but it isn't super easy and you'll have to go back to the dashboard a lot. The PS3 on the other hand is missing a few things and could do friend invites better but the In-game XMB works fantastically. The Playstation Store has a lot of great and cool little titles for you to buy. The 360 has a lot of titles but I wouldn't say they don't have those charming Playstation Network games.

Game-wise the 360 and PS3 are very close. The PS3 will and has a bunch of great sure-to-be exclusive titles (Because they're first party) and so does the 360. Let's match them up now.

Great PS3 exclusives that are out:
Motorstorm
Warhawk
Resistance
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Heavenly Sword
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Metal Gear Solid 4.
Superstardust HD
Everyday Shooter
Pixeljunk Monsters
That makes 11 great exclusives.
Great 360 exclusives that are out:
Halo 3
Perfect Dark Zero
Forza Motorsport 2
Lost Odyssey
Geometry Wars 1 and 2
That makes 6 that I can think of.
PS3 exclusives that are coming:
Little Big Planet
Resistance 2
Killzone 2
PixelJunk Eden
Fat Princess
Great 360 Exclusives that are coming:
Fable 2
Gears of War 2.
Star Ocean 4

It seems the PS3 has the 360 beat in this area. That being said a lot of the 360's games were exclusive for a time but were then ported to the PC (Gears of war, Mass Effect....) and it will happen with games like Rock Band 2. The 360 also recieves DLC for multiplatform games like Fallout 3 and GTA 4.

The Performance of both machines graphically is fairly similar although I think that multiplatform games look better on the 360 but exclusive games look better on the PS3 so there's not much of a problem on either one.

Controller-Wise it's really just preference. I prefer the PS3 controller because of the Six Axis, longer battery life and if you plug it into a mini-USB cable to recharge it easily.

Backwards Compatibility is fine on both. If you get the 40gig SKU for the PS3 then no PS2 games to play but both of them do what they need to just fine.

Personally, I suggest getting the 80gig MGS4 PS3 bundle. It's $500 but you get 40 more gigs, MGS4 and PS2 backwards compatibility for that extra hundred bucks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I agree, don't you think its funny (in your own words) that "Game-wise the 360 and PS3 are very close", when one came out a whole year after the other? People tend to forget the large gap between the two.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By Sin4profit

So's i too was a PC fanboy for many'a year. Way back i owned the triple threat, that is the Sega Genesis + Sega CD + 32X, and "threat" is in reference to my integrity as a consumer, after that and seeing systems like the 3DO and the Jaguar comin out i just didn't trust consoles anymore. Went full on PC gamer until i broke down and got the 360 elite awhile after it came out. What appealed to me more then anything was Xbox Live Arcade, i just liked the idea of where consoles were going today with the online content and how old school games can still have a place to be developed , appreciated and played conveniently online with friends.

Unless yer not satisfied with PC gaming these days, I'm getting a bit frustrated with it myself, I'd say wait it out. 360 and PS3 has some major changes coming to brighten the pot, could make or break one system over the other.

Console gaming feels like a more fun knock around gaming format to me, where as if i wanna get real serious about my gameplay i still play PC games; Plan on getting Fallout 3 for the PC still. Ya basicly get a lot more convenience with console gaming and if playing local multiplayer is important to you then you may want to consider the switch. If multiplayer games online is important then i can verify that the 360 does it very well with friends lists and such.

My experience with the PS3 is very limited as i've only fooled around with my uncle's PS3..hope to barrow it soon to play MGS4 and to check out the online features out of curiosity. But the interface on the PS3 seemed overly complicated to me. May just take getting use to. PS3 also has built in WiFi which is another thing to consider.

Yeah...so..i don't think i helped at all..just rambled on...and yer welcome ::nods::

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Homer

Buy both.

whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By whackmypinata
kratos said:
"sculsoldi3r said:
"Xbox has like what 100 good games... PS3 has like 5. Xbox is cheaper, money you save can buy you more games and online (xbl owns psn). Xbox has, is and will always get more good games than ps3."
umm what seriously?

Stuff that's out that's good
360 exclusives: Viva Pinata, Halo 3, Gears of War, Ninja Gaiden 2, Dead Rising, Saints Row,  Ridge Racer 6, Forza Motorsport 2, PGR 4, Dead or Alive 4, and Mass Effect.
PS3 exclusives: Resistance, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Warhawk, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ridge Racer 7, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Motorstorm, and Heavenly Sword.

Now that's just stuff out now and don't forget the PS3 is a whole year behind.
"
Warhawk is on the PC.
Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Riddler

better games, better online

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By crunchUK

360. game library nuff said.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whackmypinata said:
"Warhawk is on the PC."
Lol; nope, sorry..
xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109  Edited By xxNBxx

You want the truth?  Here it is.   Get a super cool PC and a PS3 if you want to play all the games.  If you don't then just get a PC. (gaming on PC is not dead!)  Most Xbox games find their way to the PC.  One way or another you will still be able to play them, all be it dated a bit, but you will still get to play them.  

If you don't like the controls on a PS2 then for the most part you won't like them any more on the PS3. 

You say your a PC fanboy?  Well then i already know what are your fav kinds of games.  FPS controls suck for them on consol, anyone that tries to say they don't just never really played FPS on a good PC then.   Stratagy games must be another game you like and we all know how they play on a consol... about as well as about as well as tunafish goes on ice cream.   There are a few other kinds of games you can only get on PC right now.  MMO, Real good flight sim with stick,  Any Blizzard game.

Lets face it with a PC you can do 100 times more then you can with a xbox or a PS3. 

Just as a side note i have an Xbox and a PC, not a super cool one but it and the xbox will hold me over till i do get enough to build my own

whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#110  Edited By whackmypinata
Sentry said:
"whackmypinata said:
"Warhawk is on the PC."
Lol; nope, sorry.."
Haha, actually yes it is.
Dude, you are such a Sony fanboy, but anyway, it was on the PC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whackmypinata said:
"Sentry said:
"whackmypinata said:
"Warhawk is on the PC."
Lol; nope, sorry.."
Haha, actually yes it is.
Dude, you are such a Sony fanboy, but anyway, it was on the PC."

How the hell am I a fanboy? Warhawk isn't on PC dude, thats a fact.

Wtf... people really strike me as odd these days.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#112  Edited By duxup

Do you have a Netflix account?  They're integrating that into the 360, way cool.

Anyway I'd advise any friend to go with the 360 unless they absolutely have to have MGS4 or Little Big Planet.

jlaudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By jlaudio7

If you have the funds, buy both. if not, I can only tell you to buy a 360 based on my experience with one. I wont have a PS3 until next month.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#114  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

It's a matter of personal taste.  Which looks more appealing? Which has the better games (in your own opinion)?   Ask yourself if it's necessary to own both consoles if the majority of games are cross-platform.  Ask yourself which exclusive games look better to you on that console. That should be enough to make a choice.

Before there was the PC, then I came went to the Xbox. I almost went for the PS3 on release, but then Gears of War came out & sealed the deal for a 360 purchase. My second platform is the PC. :P

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By angelkimne

Do you have a HD-TV ????

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By angelkimne

Also, you guys are forgetting he doesn't have a that good PC.
Therefore Gears of War 1, Age Of Conan, Champions Online, APB, Shadowrun, Flatout Carnage, Might & Magic, Sacred 2, Huxley, C&C 3, Splinter Cell : Conviction, Mass Effect etc. also count as 360 exclusives in this case.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#117  Edited By Systech

It seems like all you want is the games, so I would probably go for the 360.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By samcotts

Well I own both consoles, and my PS3 gets played a hell of a lot more. Though I don't believe either console is better then the other, both have equal plus points.