Game of the Generation Preliminaries: Assassin's Creed II vs. Brotherhood

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

Edited By mracoon

Poll Game of the Generation Preliminaries: Assassin's Creed II vs. Brotherhood (376 votes)

Assassin's Creed II 52%
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood 48%

Main thread here.

As part of the Giant Bomb Community Game of the Generation bracket we're holding preliminary head-to-heads to decide which entry from a franchise gets to represent their series in the main bracket. First off we have the battle between the second Assassin's Creed game and it's sequel. Which of Ezio Auditore's outings will reign supreme? Will it be Assassin's Creed II, which finally delivered on the potential of the original and had a batshit insane ending? Or will it be Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, which refined the mechanics of its predecessor and put you in charge of a team of assassin's to use at your disposal? Well it's up to you decide! I'll close this thread at 6pm GMT/10am PST Wednesday so you have until then to cast your votes.

• 
gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Brotherhood lets you summon dudes to kill anyone you look at with the press of a button. It wins automatically for that. Also, the multiplayer turned out to be oodles of fun.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

AC 2 all day, everyday. Best story, best cities, best combat.

Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Wow, this is so hard to choose. I can't. I just can't I think the leap from AC1 to AC2 is bigger than AC2 to Brotherhood. So I'm gonna go with that, really, really hard pick. Oh yeah, Brotherhood had multiplayer too. GAH! No, no... still AC2.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By hermes

2 was such a step forward from 1 they feel like different franchises. Brotherhood built on the foundation of 2, but I didn't enjoy every change they did.

mclargepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By mclargepants

Yeah Brotherhood is better, but ACII is what that franchise relevant and extremely popular. ACII is much more important, and therefore has my vote!

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Brotherhood was the pinnacle of the series.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

Brotherhood introduced one of my favorite mechanics in the franchise which was the ability to recruit assassin's to your order and make them do sick air assassinations by your command. Brotherhood also introduced multiplayer to the franchise for the first time! AC2 is great in it's own rights but people shouldn't overlook Brotherhood!

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

II. It fixed everything that was wrong with the first one and was an excellent, well paced and contained experience.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

My vote goes to Assassin's creed BROTHERHOOD.

Old jokes guys....Haha.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Karkarov

AC 2. It is the one that made Assassins Creed a "thing" and did the most to vitalize the series. Also I feel like it has been holding steady or getting worse since. The series is unlikely to peak higher than it did with the intro of Ezio.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SlashDance

"Press LB to call assassins."

Nuff said.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't like any of them.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

II. I don't know. I just liked the larger scale of everything that was lacking in Brotherhood.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am really surprise by the AC2 love here. Brotherhood was fucking amazing guys!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

ACII has the more memorable ending but Brotherhood really felt like high point of the series.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy crap it's tied. Both are amazing games, but Brotherhood takes it for me just for being able to sent out a murder squad whenever I wanted. That alone made that game for me.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And suddenly Brotherhood edges ahead. 15 mins left before I close this poll and it's going down to the wire.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#68  Edited By MildMolasses

@shinjin977 said:

I am really surprise by the AC2 love here. Brotherhood was fucking amazing guys!

I think the problem cause of this is that everyone is using different criteria. Some are going with the most meaningful design elements that shaped future iterations, while others are going with the game they think best displayed the vision and refinements of the designers

EDIT. I shouldn't use the word problem, because that makes it sound like some people are doing this wrong

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And that's a wrap. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood wins this preliminary with 51% of the vote and 269 votes cast.