Metal Gear old 4: Guns Of The Patriots used up the whole Blu Ray

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By brukaoru

What about multiple discs for some 360 games?

Drebin_893
said:

"Metal Gear old 4: Guns Of The Patriots used up the whole Blu Ray"
I heard it only used one single-layer of the disc, not dual-layered because manufacturing prices are higher for dual-layered Blu-Ray discs.
Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Megalon

Most games that are not movie-intensive use up around 6gb. Movie Gear Solid 4 is a good example of a game that requires more, as are many current-gen RPGs like Lost Odyssey.

Marconi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Marconi88

Also a lot of games are able to fit on one DVD because of all the compression.

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Discorsi

So what?  Good games are coming out anyways ._______________.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By zitosilva
Discorsi said:
"So what?  Good games are coming out anyways ._______________."
I don't think he's saying this as a negative point. It is most likely related to a argument that some people use about how the blue-ray is so much better because it has more space and soon games won't fit in a dvd. He's showing that that's bull.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By crunchUK

yeah there's plently of life in good ol' dvd left yet. partly because the jump in quality between dvd and blu ray is about 10000 times less colossal than VHS to dvd. i mean a decent upscaling dvd player will look pretty much the same unless you have a whacking great tv

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By kush

You're wrong...it's that simple. Games that are heavy on cut-scenes and have a lot of audio work will fill fast, especially if they decide to include every audio track (all languages). That is why MGS4 took up so much space (though I also believe they weren't doing a good job with compression)...the same will happen with FFXIII and other cut-scene heavy games.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Kush said:
"You're wrong...it's that simple. Games that are heavy on cut-scenes and have a lot of audio work will fill fast, especially if they decide to include every audio track (all languages). That is why MGS4 took up so much space (though I also believe they weren't doing a good job with compression)...the same will happen with FFXIII and other cut-scene heavy games."

And this has relevance to this thread?
Yea, FF13, FF Versus 13, Cry On, etc. (yea, I said Versus, oh snap!) will come on multiple disks for the 360.  But that's only because they have lots of video.  That's really a different case altogether.  The multiple disk games on that list support my point.  Ones without movies are relatively small.

You know, there's already a couple multiple disk games out- Lost odyssey, Blue Dragon, Infinite Undiscovery, and the Last Remnant

That has no impact at all.  I'm talking about straight up game content which is what matters seeing as how an open world or whatever could be gimped by this.  Ones with lots of video can just seperate video into different disks. 

Something tells me you were just trying to spin what I'm saying to say i'm wrong.  What I'm getting at is it's not like the Sega CD where games in general were barely fitting on and even games without many cutscenes were shipping on multiple disks.
breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By breton

The 360 is only capable of using regular dvds, right? That means like.. only capable of 8gigs per. How are these surprising?

Devs obviously scale/compress to able to fit.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BiggerBomb
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Kush said:
"You're wrong...it's that simple. Games that are heavy on cut-scenes and have a lot of audio work will fill fast, especially if they decide to include every audio track (all languages). That is why MGS4 took up so much space (though I also believe they weren't doing a good job with compression)...the same will happen with FFXIII and other cut-scene heavy games."

Yea, FF13, FF Versus 13, Cry On, etc. (yea, I said Versus, oh snap!) will come on multiple disks for the 360.  But that's only because they have lots of video.  That's really a different case altogether.  The multiple disk games on that list support my point.  Ones without movies are relatively small."

lol wut? He just addressed your argument with a rebuttal, explaining why MGS4 took so much space and why other games will as well. How is that not relevant to this thread?
Ichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ichi

360 games have a max size of 6.8GB installed.  So there are a fair amount of games that probably were scaled back in SOME WAY to fit on a DVD.

There was a Fable 2 development video where they showed Peter Molyneux's notepad and he wrote something about fitting onto a single DVD.  Fable 2 installed is 6.8GB BTW.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
BiggerBomb said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"Kush said:

Yea, FF13, FF Versus 13, Cry On, etc. (yea, I said Versus, oh snap!) will come on multiple disks for the 360.  But that's only because they have lots of video.  That's really a different case altogether.  The multiple disk games on that list support my point.  Ones without movies are relatively small."

lol wut? He just addressed your argument with a rebuttal, explaining why MGS4 took so much space and why other games will as well. How is that not relevant to this thread?"
Uncompressed audio is a bitch.

But no, that is not relevant.  Ps3 games are different from X360 games.  They use different tech for compression and Ps3 games have been known to be larger simply due to repeated content in order to compensate for load times.
Resistance 1 was like 20 GBs.  No way in hell did that deliver anything more content wise than any other game.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BiggerBomb
SmugDarkLoser said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"Kush said:

lol wut? He just addressed your argument with a rebuttal, explaining why MGS4 took so much space and why other games will as well. How is that not relevant to this thread?"

But no, that is not relevant.  Ps3 games are different from X360 games.  They use different tech for compression and Ps3 games have been known to be larger simply due to repeated content in order to compensate for load times.
Resistance 1 was like 20 GBs.  No way in hell did that deliver anything more content wise than any other game.
"

That's not relevant.

do u c wut i did ther?
Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Thrawn1

left 4 dead = 5 gb = sad

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
BiggerBomb said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"Kush said:

"

That's not relevant.

do u c wut i did ther?"

Why are you trying to act like an asshole? 
No, it isn't relevant.  PS3 games are infamous for repeating content to make load times shorter.   probably the same case.

Numbers show stuff and it all points towards space not being an issue.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By jakob187
Marconi88 said:
"Also a lot of games are able to fit on one DVD because of all the compression."
That.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BiggerBomb
SmugDarkLoser said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"Kush said:

"

That's not relevant.

do u c wut i did ther?"

No, it isn't relevant.  PS3 games are infamous for repeating content to make load times shorter.   probably the same case.

Numbers show stuff and it all points towards space not being an issue."

I'm not trying to be an asshole nor am I being an asshole. I'm calling you out on you pulling stuff out of your ass and then shoving your fingers in your ears when someone responds.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Ichi said:
"360 games have a max size of 6.8GB installed.  So there are a fair amount of games that probably were scaled back in SOME WAY to fit on a DVD.

There was a Fable 2 development video where they showed Peter Molyneux's notepad and he wrote something about fitting onto a single DVD.  Fable 2 installed is 6.8GB BTW."

DVD 9s can hold roughly 9000 mbs, so umm... where's the missing space exactly? 
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By jakob187
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Ichi said:
"360 games have a max size of 6.8GB installed.  So there are a fair amount of games that probably were scaled back in SOME WAY to fit on a DVD.

There was a Fable 2 development video where they showed Peter Molyneux's notepad and he wrote something about fitting onto a single DVD.  Fable 2 installed is 6.8GB BTW."

"
I think what Ichi is trying to say is that there are some development houses that cut a bunch of their games' content out in order to fit onto a single DVD.
Really, why is anyone even arguing about any of this shit in the first place?  It's a stupid argument, period.  Almost every game that is coming out is on 1 disc, whether it's DVD9 or Blu-Ray or whatever...so who honestly fuckin' cares?

I mean, right now, Uwe Boll has trailers out for his Far Cry movie, and you guys are focusing on THIS?  Tsk tsk...
Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Megalon

I was always under the assumption that most PS3 games could fit on a dvd if they used the same compression/design techniques as 360 games. If you're making a game on a disk that has way more space than you need, what incentive do you have to compress it? This whole space issue is really a non-issue for most games, I think it was used initially to generate some hype for blu-ray and the "superiority" of the format. Yeah, one day we'll need it, but that day just isn't here yet.

Ichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ichi
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Ichi said:

"
Security data, I'll bet dashboard update data & space for future uses as defined by Microsoft.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kush

All I can say is that with every new thread I find SmugDarkLoser to become an even bigger idiot. I think he has officially become the most annoying person on GB.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BiggerBomb
Kush said:
"All I can say is that with every new thread I find SmugDarkLoser to become an even bigger idiot. I think he has officially become the most annoying person on GB."

The difference between him and Levio, is that Levio's stupidity is such that it is comical. SmugDarkLoser is just plain irritating.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Ichi said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"Ichi said:

"
Security data, I'll bet dashboard update data & space for future uses as defined by Microsoft."

Dashboard update data has nothing at all to do with this.  While you can write more on a disk that has been written on, the 360 does not burn data.
And I'm sorry, but I doubt security data takes roughly 3.5 GBs.  lolBiggerBomb said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"BiggerBomb said:

I'm not trying to be an asshole nor am I being an asshole. I'm calling you out on you pulling stuff out of your ass and then shoving your fingers in your ears when someone responds."
How am I shoving my fingers in my ears? Yea, Ps3 games take up more data.  So what?  How does this have any relevance?  Because we know the same tools are used to put it on the disk and that they don't compensate for slow blu-ray read speeds?  Seriously.  Think about what you're saying.  You're trying to start fire.  It's moronic.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BiggerBomb
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Ichi said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"Ichi said:

"
Security data, I'll bet dashboard update data & space for future uses as defined by Microsoft."

Dashboard update data has nothing at all to do with this.  While you can write more on a disk that has been written on, the 360 does not burn data.
And I'm sorry, but I doubt security data takes roughly 3.5 GBs.  lolBiggerBomb said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"BiggerBomb said:

I'm not trying to be an asshole nor am I being an asshole. I'm calling you out on you pulling stuff out of your ass and then shoving your fingers in your ears when someone responds."
How am I shoving my fingers in my ears? Yea, Ps3 games take up more data.  So what?  How does this have any relevance?  Because we know the same tools are used to put it on the disk and that they don't compensate for slow blu-ray read speeds?  Seriously.  Think about what you're saying.  You're trying to start fire.  It's moronic."

Now that is funny.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
BiggerBomb said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"Ichi said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"BiggerBomb said:

How am I shoving my fingers in my ears? Yea, Ps3 games take up more data.  So what?  How does this have any relevance?  Because we know the same tools are used to put it on the disk and that they don't compensate for slow blu-ray read speeds?  Seriously.  Think about what you're saying.  You're trying to start fire.  It's moronic."

Now that is funny."

How?  have reason. 
Think about what you're saying.   I feel like I'm talking to someone who can't even think properly and is trying to put down the logic of yes to a question of  "If I man fell off a ladder with gravity at 1G, would he fall?"

answer this question:  How does that have any relevance to the size of 360 games if the whole disk isn't being filled up?  Answer that and then you win. 
Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Discorsi
zitosilva said:
"Discorsi said:
I don't think he's saying this as a negative point. It is most likely related to a argument that some people use about how the blue-ray is so much better because it has more space and soon games won't fit in a dvd. He's showing that that's bull."
Oh really?  Where in his original post did he say anything about blu ray.  All he did was state a very vague fact with a topic title of "games aren't even coming close to filling disks up" which can be interpreted in many different ways to as what he was trying to say.

Anyways even if he was trying to talk about that I don't see how bigger room is bad/unnecessary.  In some cases it is unnecessary but It also allows for more room for the developer to work with which in no way is a bad thing.  It allows for games like LittleBigPlanet and MGS4 to come out.  We are not able to fully see the benefits of bigger space because the 360 does not have blu ray sized disks.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Discorsi said:
"zitosilva said: Oh really?  Where in his original post did he say anything about blu ray.  All he did was state a very vague fact with a topic title of "games aren't even coming close to filling disks up" which can be interpreted in many different ways to as what he was trying to say.

Anyways even if he was trying to talk about that I don't see how bigger room is bad/unnecessary.  In some cases it is unnecessary but It also allows for more room for the developer to work with which in no way is a bad thing.  It allows for games like LittleBigPlanet and MGS4 to come out.  We are not able to fully see the benefits of bigger space because the 360 does not have blu ray sized disks."
I'm in no way saying blu-ray is bad, obviously it's better.  Who would actually argue against that?
What I'm saying is that it is unneccessary at the moment.

But going to LBP and MGS4- do either of those games really have more content than 360 games?  Not really. 

We can't count potential like you're trying to say.  In reality we could say data extra (undefined)  + (content in game) = infinity.  Truth is that most developer probably just make their vision of a game and then fit it later.  All I'm saying is that if they're not filling up the disk, therefore the DVD is sufficient for now.  It's a rather safe comment on it. 
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BiggerBomb
SmugDarkLoser said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"Ichi said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"BiggerBomb said:

Now that is funny."

How?  have reason. 
Think about what you're saying.   I feel like I'm talking to someone who can't even think properly and is trying to put down the logic of yes to a question of  "If I man fell off a ladder with gravity at 1G, would he fall?"

answer this question:  How does that have any relevance to the size of 360 games if the whole disk isn't being filled up?  Answer that and then you win. "

What is funny, is that I am responding in a purely rational manner and explaining to you why you are so disliked here. You are then turning around and saying that somehow I am the one who is not thinking properly, when you say people are wrong for not liking Halo as much as you do.

The irony in that is beautiful.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
BiggerBomb said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"BiggerBomb said:
How?  have reason. 

answer this question:  How does that have any relevance to the size of 360 games if the whole disk isn't being filled up?  Answer that and then you win. "

What is funny, is that I am responding in a purely rational manner and explaining to you why you are so disliked here. You are then turning around and saying that somehow I am the one who is not thinking properly, when you say people are wrong for not liking Halo as much as you do.

The irony in that is beautiful."

Yes, the irony is beautiful.  What the heck are you talking about?  
And for the record, that thread was something about what you're favorite game is this generaiton , I said Halo 3.  Big deal? 

I can't stand people who A) provoke arguemenent and B) don't have any reason nor logic.   You fall under both

Honestly, you are... unreasonable.

Seriously.
Video takes up a large amount of space.  Therefore, games with lots of video = larger space = multiple disks.  However, this isn't exactly relevant, at all seeing as how games with little movies are taking up low amounts of space, the actual game data.
Is this so hard to understand.

Ps3 games in general are much larger by comparion.  So what?   Explain how this has any meaning.  

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BiggerBomb

lulz

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By StaticFalconar

Games like madden will never need that much space

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Bigger Bomb, what part of my logic is flawed?  All you're doing is saying "lulwut?". 

Ichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ichi
SmugDarkLoser said:
Ummm, no, you're wrong.  Dashboard update data has part to do with this, and FYI 8.6GB - 6.8GB is LESS THAN 2GB, not 3.5GB.  Learn some math while you're at it.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BiggerBomb
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Bigger Bomb, what part of my logic is flawed?  All you're doing is saying "lulwut?". "

Every single part of your logic. Although I see no reason to point it out for the umpteenth time, when you will simply turn around and say a variant of "no u."
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By LiquidPrince

MGS4 filled the whole 50GB. There are also multiple disc games.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Drebin_893

I tried responding in a factual way. But this thread has decreased into madness, mainly because of SmugDarkLoser.

And to your question a few posts back "Do Little Big Planet or MGS4 have more content than 360 games: not really"
Actually I don't have a game that comes close to MGS4, quality, or content wise on my 360.

SmugDarkLoser, at some point in your life you will have to accept peoples arguments, not just block them out. It's called growing up.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Ichi said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
Ummm, no, you're wrong.  Dashboard update data has part to do with this, and FYI 8.6GB - 6.8GB is LESS THAN 2GB, not 3.5GB.  Learn some math while you're at it."

(I'm talking about the typical game, not fable specifically).
And please explain what you mean about dashboard update data.  This is something that is stored on the 360 itself.  Updates, patches, etc. as well.

Security files I cannot see being rather large.
sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#41  Edited By sionweeks
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Kush said:

Yea, FF13, FF Versus 13, Cry On, etc. (yea, I said Versus, oh snap!) will come on multiple disks for the 360.  But that's only because they have lots of video.  That's really a different case altogether.  The multiple disk games on that list support my point.  Ones without movies are relatively small.

You know, there's already a couple multiple disk games out- Lost odyssey, Blue Dragon, Infinite Undiscovery, and the Last Remnant

That has no impact at all.  I'm talking about straight up game content which is what matters seeing as how an open world or whatever could be gimped by this.  Ones with lots of video can just seperate video into different disks. 

Something tells me you were just trying to spin what I'm saying to say i'm wrong.  What I'm getting at is it's not like the Sega CD where games in general were barely fitting on and even games without many cutscenes were shipping on multiple disks."
Well, no. You're not talking about "straight up game content"  You made a topic which has us discuss whether or not games fill up the disc, and as soon as someone brings up the point of cut-scenes and audio, you start bitching, saying that was not what you where talking about.  Make it more clear in your first post, next time, before you start moaning about Kush's VALID point.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Drebin_893 said:
"I tried responding in a factual way. But this thread has decreased into madness, mainly because of SmugDarkLoser.

And to your question a few posts back "Do Little Big Planet or MGS4 have more content than 360 games: not really"
Actually I don't have a game that comes close to MGS4, quality, or content wise on my 360.

SmugDarkLoser, at some point in your life you will have to accept peoples arguments, not just block them out. It's called growing up."

Well, to be honest, I'm sort of blunt in arguements. I'm not willing to explain that a gigabit is 1024 mbs yet we'll call it 1000 or whatever. 
I accept things but some are just beyond reaosn.

But take a look at MGS4- no, it does not have more content than any other game.  It's roughly a 15 hour game really.  It's damn quality, but it's not exactly a grand thing.
Fallout 3 and Oblivion are the biggest games in this respect.

To be honest and really straight to the point: I hate reasoning with stupid people.  That sounds rather egoistic, but I think I deserve it, I'm not exactly a stupid person seeing as how I'm 2nd year at georgia tech going for computer engineering.

But okay, I'm willing to explain a bit: What part am I not clear on? (directed at biggerbomb)
zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By zitosilva
Discorsi said:
"zitosilva said:
"Discorsi said:
I don't think he's saying this as a negative point. It is most likely related to a argument that some people use about how the blue-ray is so much better because it has more space and soon games won't fit in a dvd. He's showing that that's bull."
Oh really?  Where in his original post did he say anything about blu ray.  All he did was state a very vague fact with a topic title of "games aren't even coming close to filling disks up" which can be interpreted in many different ways to as what he was trying to say.

Anyways even if he was trying to talk about that I don't see how bigger room is bad/unnecessary.  In some cases it is unnecessary but It also allows for more room for the developer to work with which in no way is a bad thing.  It allows for games like LittleBigPlanet and MGS4 to come out.  We are not able to fully see the benefits of bigger space because the 360 does not have blu ray sized disks."
true.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
sionweeks said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"Kush said:

Something tells me you were just trying to spin what I'm saying to say i'm wrong.  What I'm getting at is it's not like the Sega CD where games in general were barely fitting on and even games without many cutscenes were shipping on multiple disks."
Well, no. You're not talking about "straight up game content"  You made a topic which has us discuss whether or not games fill up the disc, and as soon as someone brings up the point of cut-scenes and audio, you start bitching, saying that was not what you where talking about.  Make it more clear in your first post, next time, before you start moaning about Kush's VALID point."

Well that's the thing.  I'm not aruguing that, I'm saying that it shouldn't be a problem.  The thing is, most developers can opt for inengine cutscenes which are rather small (roughly 1MB per minute)  and  audio can easily be compressed into small amoutns. 
The arguement that could be made is what if they want to have lots of pre-rendered video? Then yes, multiple disks.  Look at Lost Odyssey as a prime example.  But again, not a big deal.  You don't show the same video twice.
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Drebin_893

What an egotistical, aggressive, arrogant man.
In my opinion no one has a right to be egotistical.

By the way, MGS4's cutscenes were in engine.

sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By sionweeks
SmugDarkLoser said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"Ichi said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"BiggerBomb said:

Now that is funny."

How?  have reason. 

It has relevance because this is the GENERAL-DISCUSSION thread, not the 360 thread.  If you had posted this thread in the 360 forum then no one would be talking about Blu-Ray

SmugDarkLoser
said:
But going to LBP and MGS4- do either of those games really have more content than 360 games?  Not really. 
Holy shit.  LBP doesn't have a lot of content compared to 360 games?  I personally thought that game had a SHIT load of content.  It was bursting at the seams with content.

You know what, I'll call you out, once and for all.  You are the biggest 360 fan boy I have seen on this forum.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

^ It's a habit.
When you see so many people who just can't catch up no matter how many hands you use to pull them up, you typically just let them lie down.

I have a fuckload amount of knowledge in the backends of computers and I'm arguing with people who are just internet goers who think they know shit because they read forums.  I guess I'm an idiot on that part.

And to the guy above me ^^ Little Big Planet is a rather small game.  Go into, well an ID game seeing as how they give you all their code.   In LBP you see every texture, object, etc. seeing as how it's a 2d platformer.  In 3d games there is so many assets by comparison which you just don't see.   This is why 3d games take up so much more space.
I'm not arguing the quality part here but actually technical specs.  LBP is a fucking good game.  I'm talking about actual assets here however. 
---> And for the record, I never said they don't have much content in comparison, I said it's not larger.

Seriously, calm the hell down.  You guys are taking this the negative route.  This isn't an arguement.  This is fact.  360 games are not filling up disks. End Thread/
this thread should be locked

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48  Edited By DragoonKain1687
brukaoru said:
"What about multiple discs for some 360 games?

Drebin_893
said:
"Metal Gear old 4: Guns Of The Patriots used up the whole Blu Ray"
I heard it only used one single-layer of the disc, not dual-layered because manufacturing prices are higher for dual-layered Blu-Ray discs."
Uhmm who told you that??
MGS 4 does indeed come in a DL BD, but it does not use up the entire 50G, it uses around 35 gigs of info
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BiggerBomb

Smug, the hypocrisy behind you calling anyone stupid is immense.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Bigger Bomb, I hate name calling to be hoenst, but you're the first person with a negative comment, so please, go away. 

I said a single game using little compression on audio and having lots of cutscenes doesn't have a relation on how the majority of games aren't filling there disks.