Games you want to complete but just CAN'T!

• 82 results
Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Adamsons

Super Meat Boy. 

All I have left are the hack levels, but after finishing Cotton Alley dark world I just have no drive to go back.

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Agent47
@JoeyRavn: i don't see the big deal personally I can't beat ME2 I keep starting over half way, but RDR is too much fun for me to put down.I know I took a break once but the fake endings got to me so I put the game down for like a month until I read online that the game doesn't end until the credits roll.I have to say out of all the games I've ever played(ALOT)RDR has to be the one with the best ending ever.
osuzoo08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By osuzoo08

Driver 2 I have been stuck on the same mission for almost 7 years 

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By NTM
@TheLeamenator said:
@DeeGee: Why the hell does everybody keep speaking ill of Bioshock's gameplay? There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's fun.
Exactly! The thing about Bioshock to me is, that it isn't some Call of Duty shooter, anyone that plays it should go in knowing that, and since it's more about the atmosphere and searching around, for a game that does have shooting in it, it's fantastic. You have to be creative about how you kill guys, it's not simply a shooter. You don't play it expecting to get a few good kills in before you want to play another game. It's the methodical pacing in which it makes it all the more effective.
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By DystopiaX

Almost everything on my steam list. I'd like to think I didn't waste so much money but...

@Aronman789 said:

New Vegas, I like the atmosphere and story, but I always lose the will to go on once I reach Fortification Hill. Also Super Meat Boy, for reasons I shouldn't have to explain.

Unless I'm wrong you can just skip that? If you do the house always wins do you have to go through that as well? It's the only faction line I haven't beaten yet, probably will once I get around to do my Bethesda game tradition of a unarmed only playthrough, since punching people's heads off is the best.

redzavod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By redzavod

Amnesia and Penumbra Black Plague, I play for like fifteen minutes and have to bitch out. I love playing it though!

liquidmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#57  Edited By liquidmatt
@Klaimore said:

I've tried Dragon Age but I can never get into it.

This happened to me, I just found it quite boring and unexciting and eventually gave up completely!
swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By swoxx

FFXIII. I got so fucking sick of the gameplay I just couldn't ever finish it, traded it back a long time ago now. Sad cause I was really enjoying the story

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Cross Edge. I'm very lenient when it comes to those slightly more obscure jrpgs. I can easily look past most issues with those games, but damn, that game just refuses to make things easy. As soon as you get over one hurdle, it throws something else at you. And I don't mean like different mechanics either. I mean, once you get past one slightly broken and/or poorly explained thing, they throw something else at you that is even more broken. Also, this game commits the one sin I deem unforgivable: having a 'true ending' to the game with literally no way to get the true ending unless you have a guide or you built the damn game. For example, how the fuck am I supposed to know not to hurt York's blue-haired friend the first time I see him and I'm supposed to win that battle in a certain amount of turns? That message is literally not conveyed to you at all. There are no hints, no anything. How did anyone even figure that out? I need to stop before I go on and rant forever...

Resonance of Fate. For some reason, every battle in that game takes me multiple tries to get thru. I'm still on like chapter 1 too. I'm not sure what it is, but I just can't seem to 'get it.' I feel like I'm doing one thing right then suddenly I do something else wrong and it's game over. I've read everything I can about the battle system, but for some reason it still isn't clicking. Also, I've had this game for like 2 years.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#60  Edited By Hizang

Metroid Prime Games

thisisalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By thisisalan

The Witcher. I'm stuck inside an inn near the end of Chapter III. It's vitally important to the story that I go through an event in this inn, but every time I do the game will not let me back out into the world again.

I gave up and started downloading The Witcher 2. I'm not missing that much, right? :P

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Far Cry 2, the ultimate unfinishable game.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By iam3green
@Surkov said:
Mass Effect. I can't get out of the Citadel. 
lol that is where i was when i played that game. i stopped playing it after that.

a lot of my games i won't beat for a while. i am trying to. i am currently playing gt5, i don't plan on platinum the game but get pretty far. i don't think i will get far like the 24 hour races.
Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By Brad

Geometry Wars. I keep telling myself I'll get that "get to a million points without dying" achievement eventually, but after trying every day for a couple of weeks last year I couldn't handle it anymore. It's the only one I need and I already S-ranked the sequel but it just doesn't seem attainable for me.

liquidmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#65  Edited By liquidmatt
@Brad said:

Geometry Wars. I keep telling myself I'll get that "get to a million points without dying" achievement eventually, but after trying every day for a couple of weeks last year I couldn't handle it anymore. It's the only one I need and I already S-ranked the sequel but it just doesn't seem attainable for me.

I don't own Geometry Wars but if it's anything alike to how I found the Super Stardust HD trophy for getting a 10x multiplier you have my sympathy!
grinderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By grinderman

Darksiders

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Example1013

I don't have a single S-Rank/Platinum to my name, so if we're going by that, every game that isn't Zelda Link to the Past. I think my closest games are Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and Modern Warfare 2. For MW2 I have to do all the Spec Ops missions, though, which is going to be a bitch.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By valrog
@TheDudeOfGaming said:
Far Cry 2, the ultimate unfinishable game.
Oh yeah, that too.

@thisisalan said:
The Witcher. I'm stuck inside an inn near the end of Chapter III. It's vitally important to the story that I go through an event in this inn, but every time I do the game will not let me back out into the world again. I gave up and started downloading The Witcher 2. I'm not missing that much, right? :P
You are missing out.
TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

I think I was only about 1/4 of the way through Shin Megami Tensei:Strange Journey before I just put it down. From what I remembered, I loved it. The thought of going back to it after all this time away just seems next to impossible to me.

bakumatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#70  Edited By bakumatsu

@TooWalrus said:

@liquidmatt: @lhaymehr: @Turtlebird95: @DeeGee: @HatKing: Those are ALL excellent games that deserve finishing!!

...that said, I can't fucking finish Half-Life. I've tried playing both 1 and 2, and I just don't get what people see in it. Maybe i'll try again later this summer...

I think the exact same thing. All the praising for Half-Life is something I can't understand.. I couldn't care less for Half-Life 3 or Episode 3.

zyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By zyte
@example1013 said:

@Zyte said:

@Farley_Lives: You need to learn to patch your games! :)

That doesn't even matter. Oblivion has always been and will always be unstable. I've got all the patches, both official and unofficial, and all the bugfixes and everything installed, and it still crashed on me and I lost an hour of gameplay. I almost lost my whole save file, but luckily there was a backup from when I first entered the dungeon I was in. The game still crashes. Fallout is probably even worse because of how much extra shit they've tried to cram into the engine.

The only way to not get frustrated at Oblivion is to leave auto-save on, and save all the time. Don't even bother overwriting save files, because if your files become corrupt, you lose it all. There is no fix, and at this point there will likely never be a fix.

Oh, I take that back then. Oblivion and New Vegas crashes sometimes, but I've never gotten my save files corrupted with latest patches though. 
My biggest problem is that it only auto-saves when you enter an instance, and I don't like fast travelling, so I sometimes end up travelling for 30 minutes just to have my game crash. Damn, I got to learn to save manually.
WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

Its quickly becoming Crisis Core, there are so many side-quests its getting fairly ridiculous at this point. The completionist in me won't let me quit though! I hate myself...

JoeH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73  Edited By JoeH

Final Fantasy 13. Not cause it's difficult, but simply cause I lost a 35 hour save for that game and I am NOT going through that again.

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Lemoncookie01

SMT:Strange Journey,I really not liking this game anymore.The music is no where near as good as the past SMT games,combat got boring after awhile and the game just drags on and on.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By BoOzak

@lhaymehr said:

I never finished Assassins creed (1, 2, or 3 if it exists). It bored me numb. I'd like to finish at least the first one just so I can say I have it under my belt, but that aint gonna happen prolly.

I know what you mean, I've never been able to get into Batman Arkam Asylum, but I feel as if I have to complete it because of how highly it's regarded(and the sequel doesnt look too bad) but everytime I start playing it I just get bored to the point of frustration. It's not as if i've got a short attension span, i've played through a large number of much longer and slower paced games it's just nothing about it seems entertaining.

As for games I actually want to play but have held it off, Yakuza 4 & Alice MR (the second one). I loved the first three Yakuza's but spreading the narative across 4 playable characters hurts the pace abit to me and makes it feel less like i'm a character living in the game world and more just a tool to progress the plot. As for Alice I feel the same way about it as I do Batman, at least from a gameplay standpoint. The world of Alice intrigues me but i'm not sure if it's worth putting up with the lackluster gameplay.

Oh, and FF7.. Loved it as a kid but never finished it, and everytime I go back I get sidetracked and stop playing, and it's not an easy game to get back into after long peroids of time. I'm currently playing through Zelda OOT(MQ on the GC) for the same reason, but unlike FF it's aged alot better.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#76  Edited By Pie

New Vegas. My mind started melting when I began trying to max my character out at level 27 or something and I ended up getting infuriated and putting the game down 
Far Cry 2. I've started it twice and both times got just past the first few missions in the 2nd map when I stop playing for some reason or another. 
LA Noire. Just a few cases left and then Dirt 3 came out and distracted me for long enough to cause me to lose interest in LA Noire.

Vestigial_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Vestigial_Man

Arkham Asylum, Mass Effect 2, Vanquish, Brink's security campaign are game's I have yet to complete once. Vanquish is supposed to be insanely short and I still can't  get round to it. I also want to finish Infamous 1 on hard mode to get the platinum trophy but I've played through the game twice already so that'll probably have to wait.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Example1013

@Zyte: I think quicksave is F5. Just hit that every once in a while and you should be okay.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#79  Edited By Gerhabio

Shadow Complex, my save got corrupted right before the boss and I had 100% collectables and level 50... Now I will never finish it

Lavapotamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Lavapotamus

Odin Sphere. I was in love with this game until the end of Valkyrie's campaign, cringed at how that book's ending was handled...Actually enjoyed playing as Cornelius more than Valkyrie, but after finishing his book and moving onto the next, I'm not sure I can keep going...I still love the gameplay and I think it's interesting how the storylines tie into one another, but there a couple inconsistencies that take me out of the experience and there's way too much inventory management to the game. It's fun, it's just...I don't know if I can justify putting the hours in to finish the rest of it.

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By TheCreamFilling

I've started, but have no time to complete Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, Saints Row 2, Darksiders, Forza 3, GTA IV: TBoGT and Dragon Age: Origins at the moment. 

akadk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By akadk
  • Demon's souls
  • Assassins Creed 1
  • No more heros

But i guess DS i the only one i will give any more time and love.