Drew Scanlon is a killer and should be arrested for his crimes:

Loading Video...

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Dan is always great but I have to give the MVP award to Dan Ryckert. Between Solid Scanlon and Mario Party Party and all his great stories and the rollercoaster video he brought more in six months than anyone else brought all year. The deck is stacked a little in his favour since he's new but he wasted no time in taking the initiative to put great ideas to paper.

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@onlykris said:

Drew Scanlon is a killer and should be arrested for his crimes:

Loading Video...

Absolutely one of my favorite Bombcast moments in recent memory... that was great.

nicolasvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Drew is my favourite GiantBomb'er. I'm missing some Flight Simulation content though! Hopefully 2015 will be more like 2013 in that sense.

spitz1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes i agree, out of the whole crew i can relate to Drew the most.

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am abig fan of sports and I have to say that I agree. To put it into baseball terms, Drew was the role player coming off the bench every once and awhile to pinch hit or sub in to give the starters a rest. After Ryan passed away he was promoted to full time duty and I do believe his attitude is his greatest asset. He has a quiet demeanor at first and seems very reserved. Some people think he is shy but to me I always saw him as a more calculated man who is taking everything in around and uses his words carefully. Because he does not like to ramble just for the sake of speaking I think everything I hear him say comes off more powerful. I really think I got to know Drew better, his taste in games and humor being the most noticeable. Congrats Drewbert, the 2014 GB MVP!

P.S. Dan performed admirably this year but since he was only here for half of a season he does not qualify in the MVP race.

P.P.S Comeback personality of the year goes to Brad. Him taking control of the podcast was a bold move at first but one that I think has paid off. Jeff is a great coach! ok ill stop with the sportisms

MikeW1980UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By MikeW1980UK

I feel that if Drew were to swear, it would mark the start of the apocalypse.

meissnerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By meissnerd

I think my favourite moments of this year were seeing Drew grapple with the plots of MGS 1&2, especially THAT PART in 2. I would love to see more of Drew this year. Keep up the great work, Solid Scanlon!

Pixelrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Pixelrat

I dub thee Flex Drewbert

No Caption Provided

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

"I'm dressed as a speed bump!"

Feathered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you da real mvp Drew

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Drew's absence during his time in Vietnam was absolutely noticed, and I couldn't wait for him to get back. The events that pushed him into the spotlight are tragic and and still very sad, but I'm consistently reminded of how awesome it is to see Drew in front of the camera more often.

Cheers to you, friend. Can't wait to see what you come up with in 2015!

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By geirr

The entire Giantbomb crew is my MVP, they did an amazing job last year and removed any tiny annoying doubts I might have had about the site's future. Drew has 'come out of his shell' and become integral both off camera and on.

Can't wait to see what 2015 brings!

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pixelrat said:

I dub thee Flex Drewbert

No Caption Provided

Perfect!

thefozz26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By thefozz26

Drew, Brad and Jeff have all upped their games in 2014, theyve ended the year on a real high. The end of 2013 and start of 2014 was a hard time for Giantbomb, you could see their nature progression back to normality after the tragic loss of Ryan, and sure the content struggled along for a while, but it was totally understandable. Bringing in Dan and Jason, giving Brad the host chair of the Bombcast, and giving Drew a much bigger role has refreshed and revitalized the site. You can tell Jeff is in a much better place too, back to taking names and cracking skulls. haha. The early beginning of Giant BEast have been exciting too. I cant wait to see how it expands in 2015. And now theres the imminent (??) replacement of Patrick, what the hells going to happen there?!

Personally, Drew is definitely the 2014 MVP. That dude is going places (as long as its on GB thats fine). Metal Gear Scanlon is some of the best content GB has produced.

Brad was my runner up. Breaking Brad Demon Souls was great. I also relate to his conflicting and defiant passion for Destiny. Becoming host of the bombcast seems to have reinvigorated him too.

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drew, Brad and Jeff have all upped their games in 2014, theyve ended the year on a real high. The end of 2013 and start of 2014 was a hard time for Giantbomb, you could see their nature progression back to normality after the tragic loss of Ryan, and sure the content struggled along for a while, but it was totally understandable. Bringing in Dan and Jason, giving Brad the host chair of the Bombcast, and giving Drew a much bigger role has refreshed and revitalized the site. You can tell Jeff is in a much better place too, back to taking names and cracking skulls. haha. The early beginning of Giant BEast have been exciting too. I cant wait to see how it expands in 2015. And now theres the imminent (??) replacement of Patrick, what the hells going to happen there?!

Personally, Drew is definitely the 2014 MVP. That dude is going places (as long as its on GB thats fine). Metal Gear Scanlon is some of the best content GB has produced.

Brad was my runner up. Breaking Brad Demon Souls was great. I also relate to his conflicting and defiant passion for Destiny. Becoming host of the bombcast seems to have reinvigorated him too.

I too had fallen into the Destiny trap but was able to pull myself out about a month ago, lol... I really like that game though. It ended up at number 4 on my 2014 GOTY List for good reason.

Brad had a great impact on the site this year. The Bombcast was reinvigorated for me when he took over the hosting duties.

Farkas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Farkas

A return to the cockpit is all I ask.

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Drew is now S tier with Vinny.

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkas said:

A return to the cockpit is all I ask.

You are not wrong good sir... I would love to see the return of Flight Club in 2015. Drunked co-pilot Dan would be a welcome addition.

Dan is showing Drew the wonders of Metal Gear so maybe Drew could show Dan the majesty of the sky.

The_def_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By The_def_star

Personally I don't like Brad as the host of the Bombcast. Doesn't seem to flow as well as when Jeff does it but I understand why he was chosen to do it. Not that I don't like Brad but I don't like it when does most of the talking or choosing the emails. Much prefer him as color commentary. I do miss Vinnie as Jeffs number 2 guy on the Bombcast but Dan has brought lots to the Bombcast that I didn't think anyone would have been able to do after Vinnie left.

Avatar image for numberthirtyone
numberThirtyOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is really true. Premium content has dropped off by quite a bit in the last year, almost enough to make me reconsider my subscription, but Metal Gear Scanlon alone makes it worth the money several times over.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Drew is MVP, that magnificent, floppy-haired, Dexter looking bastard

Drew's Bombcast stealth jokes are incredible. What's the speedbump thing from though? A lot of people are quoting that.

Dauntasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drew owns. Dan also owns. Really hoping to see MGScanlon 3 at some point, 1 and 2 were great stuff.