Giant Bomb Unplugged

• 103 results
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Not enough premium content! Too much premium content! I just like to complain!

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I just hope it's shot better than the Cards Against Humanity videos

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

This week has the most livestreams I think I've ever seen

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By GValo

I really dig the idea of GBU. I was one of the few that liked the old Ticket to Ride TNT and loved the CAH TNTs. If we can get a video as funny as the Fortune Street TNT but with a real board game, I'm in 1000%.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I can't even fathom how someone could complain about having too much premium video features. They should always be making an effort to do more of them. Weirdly, with the least amount of people they've had in awhile, they've managed to keep up a strong pace of content in the last couple weeks. Clearly, we now know what's been holding up content production: Brad!

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

Where did TNT go?

Where is my common sense?

Nope!

Still can't find it!

eponymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should do Paranoia next.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

@sharkethic: Thanks, hope you enjoy!

No problem, been meaning to sign up again for a while. Man, hearing Ryan cheer as I confirmed my premium membership was really something:)

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

@bigdaddy81 said:

@the_vein: Didn't realize they were gonna use the Beginner Box. I was hoping they would use the Core Rulebook at the very least. Maybe even go beyond that and bring in a Gunslinger or a Magus.

Feeling a little disappointed now, but I still look forward to seeing this thing go down.

We have to start somewhere! We'll do something more complicated once we get the basics down, I'm sure.

What was the deciding factor on which system to play? In my own personal experience, 4th ed. D&D seems easier to grasp for newcomers to the pen-and-paper world than 3.5 (and I assume Pathfinder -- though admittedly I haven't tried it, but I understand it basically picks up where 3.5 left off.)

Not to give the impression I am at all against you guys playing some Pathfinder (quite excited to see it, actually), was just curious if there was a process of elimination you went through, or if you just picked what you were most interested in DMing for the group.

phampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so psyched. I've played a bit of pathfinder over the years should be great to have the bombcrew dive into it.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't cared about anything Giant Bomb (or video game news/community related) for the past few months. Just been content to quietly play my games and enjoy them.

This, however, this, this is something worth watching.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need to set everything up properly with good camera angles and what not.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rjayb89 said:

Man, seeing the amount of upcoming premium stuff makes not having a premium subscription look so shitty. The day they come up with a regularly scheduled free live show (that isn't just two dudes just talking to each other) is the day I resubscribe (mine was supposed to have run out a few days ago).

Jesus Christ, Giant Bomb. Are the meetings you guys go to forcing you to do nothing but premium live streams?

the day they make a free show is the day you start paying? wtf is wrong with your brain?? that'll show Giant Bomb. keep holding your money hostage...i guess?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

This can only be glorious.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benpicko said:

@milkman said:

This week has the most livestreams I think I've ever seen

Just a coincidence. Patrick is doing his horror thing, and today is the first of October. Unprofessional Fridays is always on. They were able to schedule Dave for this week on Thursday. And then they are continuing Dark Souls which they started last week.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@echoecho said:

@rorie said:

@bigdaddy81 said:

@the_vein: Didn't realize they were gonna use the Beginner Box. I was hoping they would use the Core Rulebook at the very least. Maybe even go beyond that and bring in a Gunslinger or a Magus.

Feeling a little disappointed now, but I still look forward to seeing this thing go down.

We have to start somewhere! We'll do something more complicated once we get the basics down, I'm sure.

What was the deciding factor on which system to play? In my own personal experience, 4th ed. D&D seems easier to grasp for newcomers to the pen-and-paper world than 3.5 (and I assume Pathfinder -- though admittedly I haven't tried it, but I understand it basically picks up where 3.5 left off.)

Not to give the impression I am at all against you guys playing some Pathfinder (quite excited to see it, actually), was just curious if there was a process of elimination you went through, or if you just picked what you were most interested in DMing for the group.

I think we just started talking about doing an RPG sometime, and someone sent in the beginner box for Pathfinder. Easy enough to go from there! I have some of the D&D board games, so that's always an option for the future.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@rjayb89 said:

Man, seeing the amount of upcoming premium stuff makes not having a premium subscription look so shitty. The day they come up with a regularly scheduled free live show (that isn't just two dudes just talking to each other) is the day I resubscribe (mine was supposed to have run out a few days ago).

Jesus Christ, Giant Bomb. Are the meetings you guys go to forcing you to do nothing but premium live streams?

the day they make a free show is the day you start paying? wtf is wrong with your brain?? that'll show Giant Bomb. keep holding your money hostage...i guess?

I know what these motherfuckers are capable of, that much should be known considering I have a subscription still active for whatever reason. What passes me by is how do people, people who just happen across their content on YouTube or some person who hears of Giant Bomb on the radio first (somehow), who don't know what can happen on a live stream, which I think are their best pieces of entertainment in how unhinged and unlike the rest of their output can be, what's going to push them over the edge and not make them seem like people who just pick up a game for the first time and stumble over it, and never come back?

With how little chance that a playing-video-games live stream will be uploaded to YouTube for archive purposes, why not make another one of those chances be something from a live show? Out of the few comments I've seen on YouTube when the video player here is being busted as fuck, they're calling out these guys on being immensely inept and jaded as fuck for a feature called a "Quick Look." It is called a "Quick" look after all, so you just have to hope that these guys can pull through and pull some random guy in with something even remotely entertaining. That ArmA III Quick Look took awhile for it to be finally entertaining, but if it were anyone else who didn't know who Giant Bomb is, they would have shut it down in a heartbeat because it was immensely boring for 75% of length or so.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'll drop money for these guys soon. Ain't no rjayb89 Giant Bomb shutdown here, I love these guys. These guys are the only people who output anything worth entertaining here on the video game side, but I do worry for them. And from the other side, this site can seem pretty by-the-numbers, but I know what they're capable of.

I've seen it.

The_Vein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By The_Vein

@rjayb89: I started subscribing because I saw all of the sub content and wanted to see what it was--there's already a ton of free stuff of GB doing GB shit, you can even find clips from premium streams on youtube if you want--I don't think people who spend any time looking at this site as a non-subscriber would think it was a by the numbers videogame site.

RagnarokZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By RagnarokZero
mjk0104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, now I really want to subscribe :( Stupid download quotas.

Hashy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watching people play pen and paper is boring as hell. I don't blame them for trying but I don't think even their talent and chemistry can carry something like this.

GrahamWarden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By GrahamWarden

If anyone is interested in learning how to play tabletop games, I am going to start a skype-based dungeons and dragons 2E game in a couple weeks. Let me know at Skype: xombie25 if you're interested

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cant' wait to see what happens during this. I hope this turns into a weekly gaming session.

The_Vein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm also a bit afraid that I won't have the patience to watch this, unless there'll be catchy background music, crazy camera angles and constant chattering going on. But I'm naturally hoping for the best!

Radish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Radish

@rorie: I hope you guys keep with it. Beginner box isn't a bad start. We played this for a while after getting it and it was fun but eventually people lost interest because of the magic system being kinda clunky. I had a good time GMing until then since there was a lot of improvising I had to do when one player decided to started picking drunken fights with the only inn keeper in the area and got himself banned from town.

Also I never thanked you for fixing my shirt order a while back. Thanks!!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77  Edited By rorie

This should be fun! I know Vinny wants to make a character rather than use a pre-rolled one, so it'll be fun to see what he comes up with.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: I'm skipping out on real-life friend stuff to watch you guys (and I mean this in the best way) fumble your way through a tabletop RPG session. Don't make me regret my choice, Rorie.

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_vein said:

@rjayb89: Isn't the point to have good subscriber content so people give them money?

Sure, but at what point does the site's premium turn from being bonus content to the main attraction? Giving money to GB for premium content during the early days made sense, it felt like your dollar was going into the pockets of Jeff and Ryan for them to keep doing what loved doing, now that CBS owns GB who are you giving your money to? CBS? for what exactly? making Giant Bombs profit margins look good to stock holders? It's that sort of sleazy that made EA what it is today, nickle and dimes.

johnbakosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was awesome

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone should start a fanart thread that constantly updates the first post with art from duders. I think I might draw something for once. Though, I haven't drawn in years.

The_Vein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that stream was everything I wanted it to be and more.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VBOMB SMASH

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait to see more of this feature, it was awesome seeing them all chilling and interacting.

This plus Dark Soul's made today an awesome day to have off from work.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By FengShuiGod

ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE ME GO PREMIUM AARRRGHHHHHH

I look forward to watching this.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The stream was really fun after it actually got started, but that first hour was a clusterfuck and a bunch of cross-talk and shuffling paper. Thankfully they won't have to mess with character stuff the next time, but if this isn't a frequent enough feature I don't really look forward to a half hour of re-learning rules every time.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Good start! Things got pretty awesome towards the end there. These things I've found are the most entertaining when players do off the cuff clever things like climbing up the moss and dropping a statue arm.

If anyone's interested in seeing another game, the PAX '13 DnD on-stage game is absolutely hilarious, and the one that got me to seriously start thinkin about getting in to this. A lot of it seems to really come down to the DM as well.

Zalrus9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so excited for this feature! I cannot wait until it gets archived. Which I hope it does...

As for other board games, I would love to see them tackle Sentinels of the Multiverse. It's a very easy game to learn (if somewhat difficult to master), and there's a wide range of characters for the Bombers to play as. I wonder if anybody could send them a copy...

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed the whole thing, thoroughly. Rolling characters was a bit slow but it was fun to watch. Hopefully the pace picks up a bit in THE SECOND ROOM.

The_Vein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marokai said:

The stream was really fun after it actually got started, but that first hour was a clusterfuck and a bunch of cross-talk and shuffling paper. Thankfully they won't have to mess with character stuff the next time, but if this isn't a frequent enough feature I don't really look forward to a half hour of re-learning rules every time.

Character creation, especially with new people, is always the most laborious process of any tabletop RPG. Next time they do it we should be getting a whole show of that last hour or so of actual adventuring and if they actually keep playing it will only get better as their understanding of the rules and the power of their characters increases.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Today was awesome. Totally glad to see that everyone seemed to be having fun. Except maybe @rorie, he seemed a bit flustered/frustrated. But being GM in anything is always the least fun.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Archived version is up on the site. Looking forward to see this all over again.

The_Vein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That part 01 is pretty encouraging.

Harpell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Harpell

Fantastic show! I hope they make this a regular feature!

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Where are the pictures of V-bomb? You guys are slacking!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Nerds!

Loading Video...

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kerse said:

Where are the pictures of V-bomb? You guys are slacking!

*looks through my compendium of Giant Bomb-related pictures*

This seems appropriate. Not sure who made it, but appears rather VBOMB to me.

VBOMB SMASH!
VBOMB SMASH!

kall0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By kall0

Man that show was fun! The first hour was little clusterfukkendaali but when the actual playing started it was super! Can't wait to see more. VBOMB!

tehbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: That PAX DnD was fantastic! Having never watched anything tabletop before (except for whatever I just watched here) I feel like that is probably as good as I am going to find. Hate to start out things at the top. I'm going to try listening to their podcast though and see what happens.