• 119 results
Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Lautaro

As a casual racing game fan GT5 looks far more interesting to me than Forza 3.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#52  Edited By falconer
@KaosAngel: Well that didn't take long...
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By KaosAngel
@ShaggyChu: Forza has custom made F1 cars by Formula 1's top racing team? 

EDIT:  Does Forza even have F1 2010 cars, let anyone any year? 
EDIT2:  Does the 360 even support the G27?  I mean, kinda sucks playing a driving sim on a subpar wheel.
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#54  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I'm with the folks who are saying it's a little early to compare, but in terms of how much fun I had with the games right out of the gate, I've gotta give the nod to Forza 3.  I hate licensing tests with a passion (as some folks on the Forza forums can tell you, I'm a shit technical driver and much better at ramming things), but I think once I get past them, the long term appeal of Gran Turismo will start to kick in.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By falconer
@KaosAngel said:
" @ShaggyChu: Forza has custom made F1 cars by Formula 1's top racing team?  EDIT:  Does Forza even have F1 2010 cars, let anyone any year? "
I'm not a woman. I don't need a kitchen sink in any of my games.
trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By trace
@KaosAngel: The GT-R looks shinier and more reflective in GT5's excellent photo mode, I'll grant you that. Otherwise, they look identical to me.

To your other somewhat loaded questions, I don't believe Forza's had any open-wheel cars, fantasy or otherwise, in their lineup to date. Personally, I'm hoping that if they decide to go down that road, they'll consider picking up the Indycar Series license first. That'd be the most enjoyable for me.

Also, Forza doesn't support the G27, but it does support a few wheels from Fanatec's line of premium wheel controllers, if memory serves. Considering Microsoft's discontinued their current wheel, I imagine they might be looking into releasing an improved version in the future, but that does limit the selection of controllers somewhat. Regardless, as someone who plays console racing sims on a standard 360 controller, I can safely say Forza 3 handles very well even without a wheel.
cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By cjmabry

I'm curious to people who are saying Forza is not as "sim" as GT5. What exactly is it missing and/or doesn't have that would make it more simmy? Not a flame, just would like to know, as I haven't played GT5 yet.

I pick Forza. All around better graphics, great physics, the storefront is great and the livery editor is absolutely amazing if you're creative.  Tuning is deep and a great tool if you learn how to do it, and the community creations, whether they be tunes, paints, or full cars, have helped shape Forza into the great game it is.

There's something to do for everyone - beginning racers, sim guys, drifters, drag racers, painters, tuners, photographers, car collectors, hot lappers, videographers - it's an all-around great game for almost everyone, and the amount of stuff you can do is insane. Now obviously the game isn't without flaws, but it is still an awesome game.

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By rawrz

I picked Forza 3 just because I always found the Forza games to be a lot more fun. I like its more aggressive AI and how they tend to try to spin me out which i find way more entertaining then anything ive played in a GT game where they just tend to drive.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By falconer
@Rawrz said:

" I picked Forza 3 just because I always found the Forza games to be a lot more fun. I like its more aggressive AI and how they tend to try to spin me out which i find way more entertaining then anything ive played in a GT game where they just tend to drive. "

I disagree. I think the AI in both Forza 2 and 3 are 100% on rails. On either Medium or Hard difficulty settings, they are NEVER aware of where I am and will run me over if I'm in their way. It is the number one problem with the single player racing experience (in any racing game, not just Forza) in my opinion.
Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Jeffsekai

Forza

Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@InfamousBIG: yo dawg, most poeple here have a 360 and not ps3 and seeing as forza 3 been out longer than gt5, most people gonna pick forza over gt5.
Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#63  Edited By Sin4profit

can't vote, never played a Gran Turismo game before. I did enjoy Forza though

enthalpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By enthalpy

I'm not voting as I haven't played GT5 yet--thinking about finally picking up a ps3 as a blu-ray player, for gt5, and for a couple of others.  I played a butt-ton of GT4 (pretty brutal for someone late to the sim racing party, thank goodness for peer pressure ;) ) and have played a reasonable chunk of Forza3 (currently on a Forza kick again).  I hope that GT5 turns into more people being deliriously happy as more stuff unlocks. Given how I play and how Forza fits that pretty well, I imagine that I'll prefer Forza in the long term, but more racing is better for everyone.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#65  Edited By Vinny_Says

I think Forza has one of the best User Interfaces ever, and accessibility is extremely important to me. I played both and my Forza experience was much simpler to get into, and no I did not use the assists. I think if you're going to buy either and you like to get into a game quickly and easily, get Forza. They are both excellent simulators with a lot of tuning options and a great variety of cars. Forza has an amazing custom vinyl creator (if you're into pimping your car) and a community driven store where you can buy and sell creations. The online is not very good though, but it probably goes for half the price of GT5 at the moment.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#66  Edited By KingBroly

Whatever game you think is better.  It's also not a crime to like both, surprising as it may be.

Blearious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Blearious

I've had Forza 3 for a few months and got GT5 on Wednesday.  I'm going to be perfectly honest:  despite its incredibly long development cycle, GT5 does not feel like a finished game. The menus are slow, only 200 of the 1000+ cars are fully modeled. The tracks (in many cases) have this weird plastic look about them. I've yet to see the damage model in action (I think it's turned off at lower levels), but I heard it was only so-so. The AI also seems pretty robotic. You often see drivers mess up their line and drive offensively in Forza. It just seems like their holding the perfect racing line in GT5. That's acceptable for a PS2 game, but considering the power of these consoles and Polyphony's claim that they've created the most realistic driving sim ever, it's unforgivable with GT5.

Forza 3 on the other hand,  feels like a complete game. The races are enjoyable, the customization is a game within itself, and the graphics are respectable ( the car models aren't quite at the level of  GT5's premium cars). 

I don't know. Maybe with some patches GT5 will realize its full potential, but right now, I'm not impressed. Go with Forza 3 until then.

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68  Edited By pwnasaurus
@InfamousBIG: if you like codies try F1 2010 its very specific but its still pretty good. i like it a lot.
PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Both. Why can't we like both?

cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By cjmabry
@blacklabeldomm said:
" I think Forza has one of the best User Interfaces ever, and accessibility is extremely important to me. I played both and my Forza experience was much simpler to get into, and no I did not use the assists. I think if you're going to buy either and you like to get into a game quickly and easily, get Forza. They are both excellent simulators with a lot of tuning options and a great variety of cars. Forza has an amazing custom vinyl creator (if you're into pimping your car) and a community driven store where you can buy and sell creations. The online is not very good though, but it probably goes for half the price of GT5 at the moment. "
I wouldn't say the online isn't good. There are plenty of quick races you can get into, it's just the custom created races from Forza 2 are gone in public lobbies. That's where playing with the GB community and with other race groups on Forzamotorsport.net in private races comes in. 
Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#71  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
@Dany said:
" I don't see how anyone with both consoles would have to choose, you have both games. I have a 360, so I guess Forza but I've never actually played that or GT so....yeah "
Why would you want to play two very similar games? This is the kind of thing where playing both to a great extent would be kinda silly.
agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By agentboolen
@Blearious: Very interesting about the ai following a line, I have seen this in the past and it just isn't realistic, its to mechanical.  Sure professional racers drive really well, but there are times when they can get aggressive.  After reading your post GT5 already sounds disappointing.  I tried the PSP game and that thing should have never even been released.
cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By cookiemonster

I've only played Forza so I can't say. Regardless, just get pgr4. Its a fantastic game thats probably dirt cheap now.

Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#74  Edited By Siphillis

Must we have this debate?  And now? 

In a way, I'm the perfect candidate for this poll as I've played a healthy dollop of both Forza Motorsport 2 and Gran Turismo 5: Prologue.  However, I've yet to play either, beyond a demo (Forza 3) or tradeshow booth (GT5).   Ironically, both games are at my house, vying for my attention. 

In my opinion, Forza Motorsport 3 is an infinitely better designed, more intelligent package than Gran Turismo 5 in all aspects.  Full stop.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By carlthenimrod

RC Pro-Am is the true driving simulator.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#76  Edited By beargirl1
@carlthenimrod said:
" RC Pro-Am is the true driving simulator. "
i couldn't agree with this statement more
DefAde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By DefAde

Where's the "Neither, they both suck" option?

Australia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Australia

This thread was inevitable. 

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Raymayne

Forza by miles. (see how I used a distance term there in relation to cars? pretty clever, right?)

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By KaosAngel

How many F1 drivers use Forza? 

If I remember correctly, World Champion Sebastian Vettel has been on record stating he plays GT4 often when he has time off.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By falconer

There needs to be a "Punch user in the internet face" option to the left of "Reply".

Blearious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Blearious
@KaosAngel:  Yea, and a lot of musicians have Rock Band on their tour bus. Doesn't change the fact that you're pushing multicolored buttons on a 5 fret plastic controller. Point being:  I highly doubt that Sebastian Vettel gains any insight on racing from playing GT4.
Zimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Zimbo

Gran Turismo 5. I haven't played Forza 3 though.

pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#84  Edited By pickassoreborn

Forza 3 - because I have it and also realise that like GT5, it'll eventually get boring.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#85  Edited By weegieanawrench

I was able to get my hands on GT5 this weekend, and I had the hardest time with it. Driving games aren't my genre, so trying out a driving simulator with racing elements was a very bad idea. I voted for Forza 3 because it is way more accessible. Also it turns out a lot more fun to play. 

Kiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Kiro

Forza 3 has a higher metacritic so clearly it is better.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I just started playing Forza, and I've been really enjoying it. Plus having "Smoking Gun" Ryan Davis on the roof of my car makes it that much better.

Can't say too much about GT5 though since I haven't played it yet.

najibu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By najibu

i haven't played GT5. Played the hell out of GT1 and 2 and loved them both. Never got into 3 and 4 totally lost me. I really loved Forza 3 though, so if GT5 is as similar as 4 as I heard people saying (albeit with tons more contents), I have to go with Forza.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By yakov456
@Siphillis said:
" Must we have this debate?  And now?  In a way, I'm the perfect candidate for this poll as I've played a healthy dollop of both Forza Motorsport 2 and Gran Turismo 5: Prologue.  However, I've yet to play either, beyond a demo (Forza 3) or tradeshow booth (GT5).   Ironically, both games are at my house, vying for my attention.  In my opinion, Forza Motorsport 3 is an infinitely better designed, more intelligent package than Gran Turismo 5 in all aspects.  Full stop. "
You ask must we have this debate, and then add your input into the debate. huh.
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By mordukai
@Hamz said:
" I think comparing GT and Forza is similar to comparing something like Call of Duty and Operation Flashpoint. Similar but aimed at totally different audiences.  "
BAM! You took the words right outa my brian.  

I think Forza is just more accessible to new players.
Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Siphillis
@yakov456 said:

" @Siphillis said:

" Must we have this debate?  And now?  In a way, I'm the perfect candidate for this poll as I've played a healthy dollop of both Forza Motorsport 2 and Gran Turismo 5: Prologue.  However, I've yet to play either, beyond a demo (Forza 3) or tradeshow booth (GT5).   Ironically, both games are at my house, vying for my attention.  In my opinion, Forza Motorsport 3 is an infinitely better designed, more intelligent package than Gran Turismo 5 in all aspects.  Full stop. "
You ask must we have this debate, and then add your input into the debate. huh. "
It's kinda like debating politics.  You'll never convince the opposition, but it's still worthwhile to plug in your own two cents. 

Anyway, I think I'll just leave this here:   
  (I'm fully aware that AI in GT5 increases with time, but then again the point of AI in racing sims isn't just to be challenging.)
HaroldoNVU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By HaroldoNVU
@RiotBananas said:
" Why did so many people say "I've only played Forza/GT5 so I voted for that"  Why vote? "
because there's no place for reliable polls on the internet.
vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#93  Edited By vaiz

REALISTIC DRIVING SIMULATOR, GUYS!!!
Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Siphillis
@punkxblaze said:

"   

REALISTIC DRIVING SIMULATOR, GUYS!!! "
Realistic or not, there's some serious skill going on in that video. 

Apart from that, though, it's hard to make an argument against GT5's actual driving.  It's impeccable.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By CL60

I voted GT5 by accident.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By KaosAngel
@punkxblaze: If you understood how Karts work, you'd know that it's a direct line to the motor, and lacks any gears.  Karts normally don't have reverse, and if they do...they go the same speed backwards as they go forward.  It's due to how the drive works.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By crunchUK

I thought there was a general consensus even amongst GT fanboys that forza was better. People who ranted and raved on the forza forums about how they'd ruined the game because there wasn't custom public lobbies/local leaderboards/180SX/other and how they were trading in their copy tomorrow and buying a ps3 so that they could play GT5 and a proper sim suddenly started returning with posts humbly apologizing saying how great forza was in reality. 

I think the best way to sum up both games is by looking at the car lists - forza has 30 ferraris and 35 or so porsches. GT 5 has 5 or 6 ferraris and no porsches, and 150 Nissans. GT hasn't fundamentally changed much in 6 years because they were too busy adding gimmicks like rally, go karts, top gear test track, that B spec garbage, weather, nascar... that they've emerged out of their fantasyland as horrifically outdated. 

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By benjaebe

As someone who's played both, I'd say Gran Turismo 5. Granted, the GT series has always fascinated me even though I'm not that into cars. GT5 has some longevity too - they're actively working on trying to patch it and respond to user feedback.

Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Siphillis
@crunchUK said:
" I thought there was a general consensus even amongst GT fanboys that forza was better. People who ranted and raved on the forza forums about how they'd ruined the game because there wasn't custom public lobbies/local leaderboards/180SX/other and how they were trading in their copy tomorrow and buying a ps3 so that they could play GT5 and a proper sim suddenly started returning with posts humbly apologizing saying how great forza was in reality.  I think the best way to sum up both games is by looking at the car lists - forza has 30 ferraris and 35 or so porsches. GT 5 has 5 or 6 ferraris and no porsches, and 150 Nissans. GT hasn't fundamentally changed much in 6 years because they were too busy adding gimmicks like rally, go karts, top gear test track, that B spec garbage, weather, nascar... that they've emerged out of their fantasyland as horrifically outdated.  "
I wouldn't go so far as to call Rally racing, Go Karts, or even NASCAR gimmicks, as they legitimately broaden the appeal of the series.  But yeah, there are somewhere in the area of 50 Nissan Skyline variations alone.  At least almost all of them are standard quality.
DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By DukesT3

Grid